Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #34
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Sorry I fell off of the face of the Earth for a week, guys! It was that time of year for me again: Birthday time! True turned 10 on Wednesday and Coy turned 14 yesterday! So Iíve been busy planning, shopping, decorating, and eating cake! The kids had good birthdays, though, so that is all that matters. Iíll try to post a few pictures soon, but first I need to post some replies and get caught up on some PTRs and TRs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdave View Post
Just got back from a long weekend. WWOHP is amazing. We decided to do Studios our first day, then went to Jimmy Buffett's for dinner. It rained while we were there, so IOA basically emptied out. We went into IOA about an hour and a half before closing. It was already dusk and was pretty much dark by the time we got to WWOHP. Seeing it for the first time with all the lights on was awesome!!! The snow looked so real and Hogwarts castle seemed huge! We took a real slow walk through the entire queue of FJ, stopping to enjoy all of the sites, and then my wife and son rode the ride with absolutely no wait. My motion sickness prevented me riding it, but I got to stand on the load/unload platform and watch the reactions of those coming off the ride.
Another tip: the "people dryers" are a novel concept, but a bit pricey ($5.00). The restrooms in IOA now have really powerful Dyson hand dryers. After my son and I rode The River Adventure ride in the first row, we were drenched! We went to the restroom and were able to dry our shirts completely in the hand dryers in about 3 - 4 minutes!

Iím glad you joined in! It sounds like you and your family had a great time at UO! I canít wait to see WWoHP at night! It sounds gorgeous! Thatís good to know that the hand dryers seem to work as well as the ďpeople dryersĒ

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
Erin, meant to reply earlier but got busy...Love the ideas for the shirts, again you leave me in the dust! I was thinking one matching set... The name fills are really cool, well done!! I think I could play with that indefinitely, so I am better off just waaaalking away slowly...

I was thinking I'd order Amy's transfers. (Yes, you remembered right. I have her site bookmarked, I think she's not allowed to talk about it anymore! ) I couldn't tell you which brands I've used, but long term the results are only meh. I used them on a stretchier fabric for dd and I, more of a fine rib like a ladies' t would normally be, and they cracked like crazy. (I know I have purchased them both at Wal Mart and Michael's.) I'd be surprised if I haven't used Avery brand but I can't remember the details! But they are fine for use and for, you know, the length of a vacation. Most of my "vacation" shirts are now my "housecleaning" shirts, as it's hard to find a suitable occasion to wear them at home!!

The first couple of times I bought the shirts at Michael's, and the quality is fine, but for dd and I the cut is just weird. I hate those really high necks and totally square cut bodies. Last couple of times I cruised Wal Mart and Zeller's (Cdn chain, somewhere between Wal Mart and Target) for cheap ladies' t's in a better cut. I can usually find a plain t for around $5. Last time we all did white, it will be harder to find matching colours when I am buying regular cut for the guys and ladies'/girls for us. Dd is a tall 10 now, so I should be able to buy her a ladies' small at least rather than searching the girls' dept as well.

Anyway, don't forget to post your results when you get them done!

Thanks, JoAnne! Yes, it is easy to lose a whole afternoon doing these designs! Itís too late for me... Save yourself! You and someone else verified that it was Amyís transfers that were on the boards before, so I got the link and I will have to order some. The person who used Amyís transfers said they were the only ones that didnít crack on her shirts Oh, do the Michaelís shirts have a high neckline? Ugh! I always feel like I am choking when I wear shirts like that! Thanks for the tip! Yeah, Iíll have to check out Wal-Mart or Target to see if I can find some matching shirts for the three of us.

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: