Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

Pushchairs and planes

When we head off on holiday in November my DD will be 4 and due to our flight being early in the morning we will be taking our pushchair with us rather than putting it in baggage so DD can sleep while we are in the airport. I am wondering if this would cause any problems when we go to board the plane? The last time she flew she was 2 and we simply left the pushchair at a designated spot and lifted her onto the plane as she slept then got it back just after we landed but I am worried they might tell us she is too old now and not allow us to take the pushchair this way again. It being a really early flight I am almost certain it won't be an issue but my friend commented on it and it's been bugging me ever since!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

We flew over last year my twins were three their cousin was 5 and had pushchair and we took to gate and left there then we picked it up with the cases no problems.

My girls will be four this year while we are in disney and we shall be taking a pushchair and doing the same thing
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
We flew over last year my twins were three their cousin was 5 and had pushchair and we took to gate and left there then we picked it up with the cases no problems.

My girls will be four this year while we are in disney and we shall be taking a pushchair and doing the same thing
Thanks for the reply! This has just totally put my mind at ease. I also found a post on a flight forum about a couple taking their iCandy Apple (same as ours) right up to the gate with British Airways and having no problems at all! We took a smaller stroller last time, which she has sadly outgrown, so I was a bit concerned about how bulky the iCandy is too but it seems it will all be just fine! Hooray!

Old 04-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

W took the stroller right upto the gate at LGW in December for our DD who was nearly 4. No problems

At MCO be aware that the strollers are taken of the luggage belt after immigration and put to the side

Claire

Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #5
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymadhouse View Post
W took the stroller right upto the gate at LGW in December for our DD who was nearly 4. No problems

At MCO be aware that the strollers are taken of the luggage belt after immigration and put to the side

Claire
We were exactly the same last year, getting into MCO and having the little 'OMG where is the pushchair?' panic still makes me giggle thinking of my mum and I searching everywhere for it, lol! I am so glad that we can take the pushchair right up to the gate even though she is a couple of years older this time, it doesn't seem like a huge thing but to me this is just such a huge relief!

Old 04-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
mollies_mum
DIS Veteran

No problems here either, flew Virgin from Manchester and took our buggy right up to the gate and picked it up with our luggage. I was a bit worried as well but it all went very smoothly

September 2006 - All Stars, January 2008 - DLH, October 2011 - AKL, October 2013 Lindfields Villa, September 2014 - DLH, February 2015 - Lindfields Villa
mollies_mum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: