Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #1
fairydustmummy
Mouseketeer

Restaurants

we are now inside the 60days to we go and are lookin at where to eat some places we would like to eat at are rain forest, cafe mickey, possibly intentions, waltz, earl of sandwich, annettes, any opinions of these would be appreciated if any other places you like please mention as open to suggestions thanks
fairydustmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:43 AM   #2
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

Hi,

We quite like Toad Hall inside the Disneyland Park, counter service burgers and fish n chips, better value than most.

Blue Lagoon at the same park, inside the Pirates Of The Caribbean ride is also nice but expensive.

For breakfast we have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, and the buffet there is brilliant, can highly recommend, and you can ask to pay for breakfast if you are not actually staying at the hotel.

Cannot comment on many others really, Casey's on Main Street USA is ok for hot dog & fries (though food could be hotter).

We use Auchan supermarket and the Relay shop inside the RER train station for snacks, drinks, bread, crisps etc
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

we had very good meals in Inventions, annette's, colonel haithi pizza outpost, casey's coner, earl of sandwich, plaza gardens and restaurant des stars
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I've never had a bad meal at DLP, not even at Planet Hollywood which usually has terrible reviews! My favourites are Walt's and Inventions, I also love Blue Lagoon and Agrabah Cafe. We also used to enjoy eating at both the Steakhouse Sunday brunch and Cafe Mickey although as I've not been to either for a few years you'd be better taking more notice of others for them. A definite thumbs up for Earl of Sandwich from me too.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
sky13
Mouseketeer

I love Walt's, and since I discovered Walt's I try to save a bit on other meals to go for a nice meal at Walt's each trip. They also have an Express Lunch menu which is cheaper (20 Euros) but you have to specifically ask for the menu.

Earl of Sandwich is good too! I also quite liked Hakuna Matata (although queues just after lunch time were ridiculous).

Disneyland 1993 1995 2012 : Tokyo Disneyland 1996 : Walt Disney World 2001 : Disneyland Paris 2007 2008 2012 2013 : Hong Kong Disneyland 2010
sky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #6
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

Earl Of Sandwich is definitely a good addition.

We are thinking of trying Silver Spur for our 'one off expensive treat' in June, having done Blue Lagoon last time.

I am a bit of a fussy eater and I am also not convinced Walts is ideal for Joshua.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:57 AM   #7
fairydustmummy
Mouseketeer

thanks for ur replys i really value everyones opinion as want to get the most from our trip, can i ask i know inventions is expensive is it worth it? also anyone tried restaurant des stars, earl of sandwich looks like a good choice which will suit everyone
fairydustmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #8
JohnnySharp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydustmummy View Post
thanks for ur replys i really value everyones opinion as want to get the most from our trip, can i ask i know inventions is expensive is it worth it? also anyone tried restaurant des stars, earl of sandwich looks like a good choice which will suit everyone
Inventions breakfast is, as guests of Disneyland Hotel can highly recommend it.
Haven't dined there at other times, partly down to the high cost and some of the options not being to our taste, Julie isn't really into Seafood for example and I believe they do a lot of that.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

IMO Inventions is well worth it, delicious food and great character interaction, but others might feel differently. Haven't eaten at Restaurant des Stars for a few years but last time I did the food was good value and little Remy is adorable.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #10
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Our all time favourite is Walt's closely followed by Blue Lagoon....I know they are expensive but I really feel worth it for the fabulous food and atmosphere! We also love Toad hall - double fish & chips fab and a great filler up til dinner at night! Hope you enjoy whatever you pick!

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #11
I_Heart_MK
Mouseketeer

We really love Walts! Our other all time top favourite restaurants are:

Manhattan Restaurant (in Hotel New York - gorgeous food and romantic - live piano music)

Earl of Sandwich for lunch - sometimes share a sandwich to keep costs down

Agrabah (a great buffet with some different and healthy options)

Inventions for breakfast - a-MA-zing

Annettes (LOVE the veggie burger and the roller skating waiters)

Planet Hollywood (food is pretty good but the decor is a lot of fun!)

Blue Lagoon (very good food, and you can wave at the riders of the Pirates ride as they go by!)

Steak House (a special one for us as we went there the night we got engaged and the steak is delish)

Hope you enjoy - eating is one of our favourite things to do in DLRP - so many great options Also if you fancy a beer, don't forget 2 for 1 happy hour at Ludwigs every night 5.30 - 7pm

Christine xxx

I_Heart_MK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: