Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #3391
JM1226
Mouseketeer

I'm here now staying @ Nemo. So far so good!! By the way I overheard someone saying that he's at LM and the concierge told him the walk is 1/2 mile to the big pool. My FIL also staying at LM said its a decent walk.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #3392
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Here are some pool/splash area pictures from our October trip that might help you visualize a little better.

You can see in this one the distance from the splash area to the pool.

Our kids loved the zero entry area.

Cousin's boys learning they will get an extra two days in Disney World, because the parents decided they just could bear to leave the next day.

Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #3393
jackie311
Earning My Ears

2 questions: DVD players and room location request

We are booked in a Cars Suite, but really want a Nemo Suite. Nemo room was unavailable (at the 15% promo rate). Travel agent told me that I could indeed get a Nemo suite, but I would have to pay the full price. Do you think I can just call AOA and request the Nemo room and not be charged?

Do the suites have DVD players? I'm assuming they do not, because it's not listed under suite ammenities on the website and I also did a search on here and read that they did not have them (but the lastest post was from last year) so I was hoping that maybe they have added them since then?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #3394
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie311 View Post
We are booked in a Cars Suite, but really want a Nemo Suite. Nemo room was unavailable (at the 15% promo rate). Travel agent told me that I could indeed get a Nemo suite, but I would have to pay the full price. Do you think I can just call AOA and request the Nemo room and not be charged?

Do the suites have DVD players? I'm assuming they do not, because it's not listed under suite ammenities on the website and I also did a search on here and read that they did not have them (but the lastest post was from last year) so I was hoping that maybe they have added them since then?
When are you going? Is it during the current promotion? If so she can keep checking and one may come up. The thin with promotions is that they are very limited and it might be available when she quotes it, but with in an hour it could be gone. The Nemo rooms are most popular, so most likely less available. But sometimes they will release more rooms later on too.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #3395
jackie311
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
When are you going? Is it during the current promotion? If so she can keep checking and one may come up. The thin with promotions is that they are very limited and it might be available when she quotes it, but with in an hour it could be gone. The Nemo rooms are most popular, so most likely less available. But sometimes they will release more rooms later on too.
We're going the end of this month. We booked during the 15% off promo. I've been checking everyday and the nemo rooms haven't been available (with the promo), but they are available at the regular rate.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #3396
wvdislover
DIS Veteran

Since you are traveling at the end of this month, chances are, none of the Finding Nemo suites will open up. Everyone has already made final payment on their vacations (unless someone has to cancel at the last minute). Also, the promotion that your vacation was booked under has now ended, so they won't be releasing any more rooms under that discount. There is still a slim possibility something will open up, if someone has to cancel at the last minute. You can always ask when you arrive if you can switch to the Finding Nemo suites. The Cars suites are very cool-looking, so you will probably enjoy staying in those, too. Good luck, and enjoy your vacation!

Oh, and no, they do not have DVD players in the rooms.
July '89--Fort Wilderness; Feb '93--Dolphin, POR; Feb '95--Marriott World Center; Feb '97--Marriott World Center, POR; Feb '99--Marriott World Center; April '02--AS Movies; Feb '03--Gaylord Palms, Hard Rock Hotel; Feb '04--Dolphin, Hotel at Florida Mall; Feb '06--POR, Dolphin; June '06--POP; Sept '07--AKL (a dream come true!!!); Feb '08--Coronado Springs Resort/Marriott World Center; Sept '08--Beach Club/Disney Wonder (our first Disney Cruise!!!); Feb '09--Disneyland; Sept '09--Beach Club; Sept '10--Beach Club (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '11--All-Star Music Family Suites (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '12--Art of Animation (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip for Homeschoolers)
Old 04-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #3397
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
We're going the end of this month. We booked during the 15% off promo. I've been checking everyday and the nemo rooms haven't been available (with the promo), but they are available at the regular rate.
If you are going this month, that promo is expired then. It expired on Easter.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #3398
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM1226 View Post
I'm here now staying @ Nemo. So far so good!! By the way I overheard someone saying that he's at LM and the concierge told him the walk is 1/2 mile to the big pool. My FIL also staying at LM said its a decent walk.
From the very back of building 8 in LM the walk is approximately a third of a mile. From the center of LM the walk is a quarter mile at best.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 04-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #3399
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
From the very back of building 8 in LM the walk is approximately a third of a mile. From the center of LM the walk is a quarter mile at best.
..... but after a full day at the parks, I'm pretty sure it was at least 10 miles.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #3400
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
..... but after a full day at the parks, I'm pretty sure it was at least 10 miles.
Or even 15
Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #3401
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Or even 15
Don't you just hate when they move the resort back when you're gone for the day?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #3402
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Don't you just hate when they move the resort back when you're gone for the day?
It's so unDisney of them
Old 04-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #3403
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
hilarious!!!!!
checking into a LM room a week from tomorrow!!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #3404
eeudj
Mouseketeer

HI everyone!! SOOOOO excited just booked a Cars suite for our family trip in June. Have a 17 and 14 year old and the extra room in our opinon is worth the splurge.. shoot the extra bathroom is. Any recomendations on room requests?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #3405
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do the suites have DVD players?
Nope.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: