Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #331
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Day 7. No McDonalds!

I was really tempted to have McDonald's for lunch and then again later for dinner. I am so proud that I didn't do it! Wasn't easy, but I am proud of myself for staying strong.
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #332
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 8. More scrapbooking, more stress

time is ticking away... Didn't snack today, so that is great! However I did have McDonalds for dinner... not so good. I think keeping my hands busy witht the scrapbook is such a great thing for a few different reasons. It is showing me how much time I was wasting in front of the TV and the computer. I know that I can manage my time better to ensure that I get to the gym on a regular basis and make my time count.

I also heard a commercial today that I really liked, but I can't remember the exact words. Something like...

"I want to live my life because I am in shape not trying to get in shape to live my life."

So very true, need to enjoy every minute and want to enjoy all that life has to offer, so tired of sitting on the sidelines...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #333
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 9. I DID IT!!!!!!!

The scrapbook is completed!!!!! I am soooo happy right now! Last week at this time I really didn't know if I would be able to finish it. I think Sunday evening I was certain I wouldn't get it done. I can't tell you how happy I am that it is done. It certainly kept me from eating a bunch, what a blessing that was!

Now just a few more days until his ceremony. I've got more things I have to do, but it is winding down and I feel so happy that I feel like maybe, just maybe I'll be able to relax and enjoy it some!

AND then, I'll be able to get back to the gym! HURRAY!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #334
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 10 Zumba!

I finally got a chance to work out. It was short and sweet, but I finally got to try one of my Christmas gifts, it was the zumba for the Wii. I loved it!

I also made a great choice by only eating what I brought for lunch. I wanted to eat a muffin, but I didn't!!!! Nor did I jump into the community chocolate stash. As much as I wanted some, I didn't!

And I forgot to mention that yesterday I went into the bakery to deliver stuff for the cake we will have on Sat. and I didn't buy ANYTHING! That was hard, and I can honestly say that is the first time ever that I've been in a bakery and walked out empty handed. I am so proud of myself!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #335
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Vija Congrats on finishing the scrapbook. Let me offer a couple of words of advise for ceremony. Take a deep breath before it starts and try to enjoy the day. It is so special that he has reached this level and you and your family have been a big part of it. It is your day too.

Keep up the good work on your journal. I think it is time I started back.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #336
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Oh happy day! Days 11-27 lots to catch up on!

Lots of things to write about! First and foremost DS's Eagle Scout Ceremony was AMAZING!!!! It sounds melodramatic, I know... but it truly was one of the best days of my life. It was such a special day, and lots of people LOVED the scrapbook, including DS who appreciated it too.

After that I got slightly depressed... not bad, but I was just so focussed on the ceremony and so much energy went to that, that afterwards I "crashed", just relaxed a lot and didn't do anything. I managed to keep gaining weight.

DH has been focused on losing weight for about 2 months now. he and DS are going on a high adventure boy scout hike in the mountains and NEEDS to make weight, otherwise they can't go. He decided to try and cut out the processed carbs and asked that I try it with him this past week. I really want to support him in his endeavour and decided to give up "control" to him. He loves me, and only wants what is best for me, so I decided to try it. Well... this week was HARD! But I lost over 9# (almost 10) and it wasn't "horrible". I cut out McDonalds and the bags of chips, that was a big change!

We are also doing a BL challenge through DH's work. One of the things is that was have to meet with a Wellness coach. Two of the things I mentioned were $ and eating out and she suggested that I tally how much we spent on eating out. Well, (although this includes the holidays and we ate out at Chili's and Olive Garden in there so it was more than we normally would spend) we spent about $500!!!! That is alot of money....

So...

Yesterday I was on the treadmil thinking about it and thought maybe we could save the money and go on a 3 or 4 night Disney Dream cruise. Mentioned it to DH as we were leaving the gym and he said why go on the Dream because it isn't as good as the Fantasy.... Well... of course I RAN with that idea and within a 2 hour time frame I went from thinking things over in my head as I was exercising to picking out the cruise we will go on!!!!!

HOWEVER... it is directly related to my weight loss. If I don't loose the weight, we don't get to go. In the past I've set the "goals of losing weight to go on the vacation", but didn't loose the weight. Now I have extra incentive to loose weight, because I WANT to go back on the FANTASY. I FELL in LOVE with that ship!!!!!!

So this morning I was very pleased to see the numbers drop! I will keep going as I know this will be a great reward.

AND one of my goals is to run the Castaway Cay 5k. Wanted to really badly last time we were there, but again didn't get in shape. This time, I WILL do it!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #337
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

day 28 keeping it going

Nothing too exciting today. Had a great workout at the gym though. We weren't 100% certain we would go to the gym, but decided to go anyhow. Almost all of the machines were taken! Jumped on the stair climber that was open and did 45 min! Last time only made it to 20!!! Doing better
Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #338
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Day 29 Zumba anyone?

Woke up early... just dreamin' of the Fantasy! Woke up early to exercise, not sure if I could get a work out in tonight, so got up and did Zumba on the Wii this morning and got in 45 min on my home stairclimber. Feels great to be doing so well. The cruise is my motivator for sure.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #339
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Princess VIJA!! I am back to try this losing thing, needed a break! I am going for goal! How are you doing?? Want to make 2013 our goal year?? Congrats on Eagle Scout!! That is amazing! My son stopped at Life Scout and while I know he may regret not going for it, I understand why..he had a rough troop that demoralized him in many ways, he stuck it out to make a change and help encourage others but became too much..he got to do Philmont with his Dad..so he did make some great memories

Weather is turning nice, time to lose!! Pulling for you!
Tara

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #340
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Just popping in to say hi and see how things were going!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #341
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Princess VIJA!! I am back to try this losing thing, needed a break! I am going for goal! How are you doing?? Want to make 2013 our goal year?? Congrats on Eagle Scout!! That is amazing! My son stopped at Life Scout and while I know he may regret not going for it, I understand why..he had a rough troop that demoralized him in many ways, he stuck it out to make a change and help encourage others but became too much..he got to do Philmont with his Dad..so he did make some great memories

Weather is turning nice, time to lose!! Pulling for you!
Tara
Hi Tara! I would love to make 2013 our goal year!!!! I'm on board. I've made some changes, and I've struggled, but finally made a plan to follow and odly enough today is day 1! I just came on WISH and saw the new posts... how ironic. I guess this means this is definitely somewhere I need to be... back among friends! Sorry to hear about how the scout troop wasn't the best for your DS. What courage he had to stick it out to try and make changes. Do tell about Philmont, my DH and DS are getting so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Just popping in to say hi and see how things were going!
Hi Desiree!

Thanks for checking in with me! I love the good friends on the DIS and WISH, you guys really are the best.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #342
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

3rd time is the charm? restarting with Day 1

I thought long and hard about this, and would love input from you guys. I am restarting today. Sure, I've made some changes since the first of the year, but they have not been consistent. Not even close. So, my question is... should I restart another WISH journal, or should I continue with this one, and just push the "restart button" and start counting new days?

For now, I'll just restart this one, but I would love input... like a fresh start and all... or continue because this has been my journey?

Day 1,

Well, let me tell you something CRAZY I did this past Saturday, and no judgement please! I actually went to a casting call for Extreme Makeover weight loss edition. I was SURE I was going to get a call back. I felt like I did great during the interview. I have to say I was really dissapointed I didn't get a call back. Just talking with everyone around me though was interesting. Everyone has a story, and truth be told, it would be great if we all could get the chance, we are all deserving of getting to our weight loss goals. I just wished they would have picked me!

but that quest also prompted a question from DH. He asked why I would be willing to do whatever Chris Powell said, and not what I already know, or what DH would suggest, or what the trainers at the gym would suggest. I guess the lure of the rewards and prizes were nice, but in the end I need to loose the weight for myself and I need to decide that I am worth the effort. I decided to make my own version of extreme makeover weight loss edition and today I successfully navigated day 1.

For 4 weeks I am concentrating on these goals:
1. Only subway for takeout
2. No chips (I just can't handle those)
3. count calories and log all foods
4. exercise and walk (weather and work schedule permitting) daily
5. After calculating caloric need, stay in the red (meaning eat less than calorie burn)
6. complete 1 task daily
7. step on scale when 4 weeks completed

(after 4 weeks, I will evaluate my progress)

I started reading Jillians new book and #3 & #5 come from there. Makes sense to log your food, know where you are, and plan to eat less calories so I can burn off calories.

1&2 come from my addiction to McDonald's and potato chips. At this point, I need to sever ties with these, I have no control over them and like any other addiction, I just need them out of my life right now.

#4 is not hard, as I truly do like how I feel when I exercise, however I want to make sure I vary the workouts so I don't get bored.

#6 comes from another book I read. "finished being fat". this was one of the BEST BOOKS I'VE EVER READ!!!!! Almost the entire book mirrored me and how I felt. She had some interpersonal struggles that I didn't have, but her feelings, her struggles, her challenges were just like me. It was absolutely amazing to read about "me" in her book. One of the things she did was set small tasks to accomplish every day. I too am a procrastinator and this was something I started to do a few months back and it felt great. I stopped doing it, and missed it. Today's challenge... log on WISH!

#7 Partly from extreme makeover show and partly me, I get tripped up when I look at the scale, so I am going to focus on behaviors instead of numbers on a scale to see how I do.

So...
1. Ate at home for all 3 meals
2. No chips, did have a 100 cal. snack popcorn bag
3. logged all foods. Calories = 1456
4. 60 min. on the elliptical. casual walk with DH and DD outside for about 20 min.
5. done (see#3)
6. Logged on and restarted WISH journal.
7. Weighed in today and then no more till 4 weeks are up.

I have to say I am very proud of myself, and thanks for reading, I appreciate you all very much!!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #343
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good luck

You posed some very interesting and thougthful questions that have me thinking this morning. I am in the same position. For the most part this year I have been pretty good about eating but I still have not gotten into working out and I know that I need to do that in order to lose weight.

Your question from your husband was one I have thought about. I hate spending money and will occasionally think about joining WW but I think about the same kind of thing that your husband mentioned.

Good luck I will be here with you. I may bring up my own journal.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #344
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

I think those are excellent and very obtainable goals! What a great start!

Excellent point from your hubby. You have all the tools within yourself to do this!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #345
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good luck

You posed some very interesting and thougthful questions that have me thinking this morning. I am in the same position. For the most part this year I have been pretty good about eating but I still have not gotten into working out and I know that I need to do that in order to lose weight.

Your question from your husband was one I have thought about. I hate spending money and will occasionally think about joining WW but I think about the same kind of thing that your husband mentioned.

Good luck I will be here with you. I may bring up my own journal.
Thanks for the good luck wishes. I will have to go search for your log tomorrow,I hope you bring it back up too!

As far as the question goes, isn't that the truth? We KNOW what to do, it is just finding the motivation, and then focusing our energy on completing what needs to get done. Rearranging priorities comes to mind and I think really focusing on what we really want, instead of what we may want now.

Good luck to you too. I'm pulling for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
I think those are excellent and very obtainable goals! What a great start!

Excellent point from your hubby. You have all the tools within yourself to do this!
Thanks Desiree! I love how you phrased that ... I have all the tools within myself. I really do, it's just a matter of putting all the tools to work on my behalf. And keeping it consistent.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: