Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
PanCubano
Earning My Ears

Need suggestions for a nice dinner

So I was hoping for some advice as to where I should take my girlfriend to dinner on April 20th.

It's our 2 year anniversary on April 17th and to celebrate it I'm going to take her to Fantasy Land in Magic kingdom. She has always wanted to go there since it opened up, but, hasn't had the chance to since she's loaded with college and we live far apart. (I live in Miami and she lives in Deltona. 268 miles apart.)

My plan that day is to take her to Fantasy Land and try to have as much fun as possible there and with everything else in the park. I also want to especially stay to enjoy the fireworks at night with her which I understand is at 10:00pm.

That's where my problem is.

I don't know how long the fireworks typically last as I haven't been to Magic Kingdom since I was MAYBE 8 or 9 years old. (I'm 23. Wow, I'm old...)

I would like to take her to a nice restaurant either after the fireworks or before.

If I take her after the fireworks, I have the choice between either in the park or outside, but a lot of the restaurants I've thought of close up early.

If I take her to one before, I can stay in the park, but I don't know any of the restaurants in the park.

Ideally I would like for it to be nice and romantic as its for our anniversary.

Any ideas?
PanCubano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

I personally would try and get an 8:00 reservation at Narcoossee's its a great restaurant with really great views of Wishes
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

California Grill at the CR, but good luck getting ressies at this late date. Congrats!
Or try Ohana and watch the fireworks from the beach
Old 04-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
cslittle999
DIS Veteran

Romantic dining in Magic Kingdom is limited. Can I suggest a couple of alternatives. What if you ate over at Narcoosies at the Grand Floridian and watched the fireworks from the dock outside the restaurant. They play the music for wishes. You could eat a little earlier and head back to the park for Wishes.

CBR November 2003
WL December 2005
First Trip Home - BWV August 2007
MNSSHP - VWL October 2008
BWV/AKV Kidani August 2009
BWV November 2009 - 20th Wedding Anniversary
BWV/HHI August 2011
BWV August 2013, BCV October 2013
BWV August 2014
cslittle999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
MrsH42608
Mouseketeer

I vote for Narcrosses too. My husband & I are actually going there for our 5the Anniversary this year.
Enjoy!

MrsH42608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Miniefan
DIS Veteran

I can't say that they would be romantic but if you want to stay in MK and be in the "fantasyland" mood, why not eat at Cinderella's Royal Table or Be our Guest? I am not sure how late you can make reservations but they both being in Fantasyland would definitely be close to the fireworks, either before or after.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
PanCubano
Earning My Ears

I am really liking the idea of Narcoossee's.

Is reservation mandatory? Because on their site they only have 9:25 available.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
PanCubano
Earning My Ears

What about Citricos? I could get an earlier reservation there.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #9
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Citricos is a lovely restaurant and you would probably really enjoy your meal there. However, it does not have the views of MK and Wishes that Narcoossees does. (By the way, Cali Grill is closed)
You will find that almost all of the WDW restaurants have their final ADRs around 9:30. Some are even earlier. At this late date I highly doubt that you will get into either CRT or BOG- they're very popular and I don't think this is a night to try for a walkup and risk being turned away.

I'd go with the ADR at Narcoossee's at 9:25. You should be seated and have your drinks and appetizers by the time Wishes starts.They pipe the sound track from the show into the restaurant.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
mb_uh
DIS Veteran

Citricos has a very mature atmosphere so you should have a romantic evening. DH and I do a sig while kids go to kids club. It has been my husbands fav. Best service of any meal on property and every course was devine.
mb_uh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #11
hookedonears
Louisianan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanCubano View Post
So I was hoping for some advice as to where I should take my girlfriend to dinner on April 20th.

It's our 2 year anniversary on April 17th and to celebrate it I'm going to take her to Fantasy Land in Magic kingdom. She has always wanted to go there since it opened up, but, hasn't had the chance to since she's loaded with college and we live far apart. (I live in Miami and she lives in Deltona. 268 miles apart.)

My plan that day is to take her to Fantasy Land and try to have as much fun as possible there and with everything else in the park. I also want to especially stay to enjoy the fireworks at night with her which I understand is at 10:00pm.

That's where my problem is.

I don't know how long the fireworks typically last as I haven't been to Magic Kingdom since I was MAYBE 8 or 9 years old. (I'm 23. Wow, I'm old...)

I would like to take her to a nice restaurant either after the fireworks or before.

If I take her after the fireworks, I have the choice between either in the park or outside, but a lot of the restaurants I've thought of close up early.

If I take her to one before, I can stay in the park, but I don't know any of the restaurants in the park.

Ideally I would like for it to be nice and romantic as its for our anniversary.

Any ideas?
No question, I'd suggest Narcoossees at the GF. You can ride the Monorail, or better yet, take the boat and it takes you right there. It's very nice, but still somewhat nice/casual dress.
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #12
PanCubano
Earning My Ears

Oh no. I've been so busy reading up on reservation times and pictures of Narcoossees that I didn't look at the menu. I just realized that it's seafood and neither of us eat seafood. Haha!

I'll keep on searching.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #13
JMD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanCubano View Post
Oh no. I've been so busy reading up on reservation times and pictures of Narcoossees that I didn't look at the menu. I just realized that it's seafood and neither of us eat seafood. Haha!

I'll keep on searching.

You could also take a boat to Wilderness Lodge and eat at Artist Pointe. Excellent restaurant with alot of non-seafood options. If you can get an early enough reservation, you can go back to MK for the fireworks.
JMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #14
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
You could also take a boat to Wilderness Lodge and eat at Artist Pointe. Excellent restaurant with alot of non-seafood options. If you can get an early enough reservation, you can go back to MK for the fireworks.
I agree Artist Pointe is a good option.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #15
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Take the 9:25 and show up early like around 8:00 and I bet they will get you in before your 9:25
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: