Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

Kids Clubs Questions

I have a couple questions about the kids clubs -

1. What exactly is "choose your cruise" on the first night? I will have a child at the edge and at the oceanear club - is it important for them to go to this? What do they choose/do? Also, I thought I saw a separate one for oceaneer lab - would my 7 year old go to both of them or is it the same thing?

2. If my son goes to the oceaneer club and an activity starts in the oceaneer lab while he is there, do they announce to the kids in the club part what will be starting so they can go over if they want to? Or if there is an activity that I know he wants to do, will I need to make sure to come back and let him know?

ajgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
SnowWhite2
DIS Veteran

Choose your cruise is where the Edge decides what activities they would like to do during the cruise. I don't think the club does that.

The best advice I can give you is to have your kids go to the programming the first night or the first morning. That is when everyone is new and friendships are made. If they go later in the cruise, the kids have already formed friendships so it is more difficult to find friends.

I don't know the answer to your other questions.

December 28, 2014 NYE Magic
November 10, 2014 Dream double-dip
June 9, 2014 Alaska Wonder
December 28, 2013 NYE Fantasy
December 29, 2012 NYE Fantasy
December 29, 2011 NYE Dream
December 26, 2009 NYE Magic
December 20, 2008 Christmas Magic
February 2, 2008 Eastern Magic
February 3, 2007 Eastern Magic
April 15, 2006 Western Magic
February 2003 Eastern Magic
SnowWhite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

For the child in edge, going the first night is most impt. The kids in club/lab are more fluid with making friends. My dd was mostly in club/lab because we travelled with family friends she visited edge once on day 2 just to check it out and found it awkward because she didn't know the other kids.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

As far as #2 I suppose it matters what ship you're on and how on top of things the staff is but when we were on the Magic my daughter said they always let kids know they were starting an activity and took them from the Club to the Lab (or the other way around) when it was time for an activity to start.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
lady9
DIS Veteran

Definitely go to the planning time the first night of the cruise for your child in Edge. My DD met the friends she spent time with during the cruise the first night. They decided what activities they would like to do such as smoothie making, scavenger hunts, sport's deck activities, gender wars, trivia, invade the Vibe, and others. One note, because the kids are deciding their activities late the first day, there may not be too many, if any, listed in the navigator for the first full day. Don't worry that there aren't activities, they will be listed on navigators the rest of the cruise.
lady9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info... I've looked at some of the past navigators and it did mention a choose your cruise for the Oceaneer Club - is that one as important or could he miss that?

ajgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #7
crichardson11
Mouseketeer

I have a silly question for the club. What shoes do kids typically wear? I was planning on packing predominately flip flops but got to wondering if my daughter would need tennis shoes for the club. Is it a lot of running and playing? Do they wear socks only? Go barefoot?
crichardson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #8
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

My daughter wore croc sandals the entire time and my son wore slip on tennis shoes. Both were comfortable and said they thought the shoes worked well. I saw lots of kids in flip flops. I don't think I ever saw any bare feet so they might discourage that.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: