Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
KelseyLaPerle
Mouseketeer
 
KelseyLaPerle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 440

ALASKA cruisers - if we land at SEA at noon, what's the earliest quick coach

reservation we could make?

How long should we expect it to take to collect our luggage, walk to quick coach (I don't know if it's actually in the airport, etc.), etc.?

The options are to leave at 1:30, 2:30 or 4:00?

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!

ps - I've looked at the Vancouver specific threads but can't seem to find a definitive enough answer.
__________________
July 2003 - Honeymoon at All Star Sports
Nov. 2009 - All Star Music Family Suite
Nov. 2010 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
Aug. 2012 - Saratoga Springs
March 2013 - Pop Century
July 2013 - DCL - Wonder to Alaska
February 2014 - runDisney marathon weekend
July 2014 - Saratoga Springs
October 2014 - runDisney ToT!
KelseyLaPerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,320

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyLaPerle View Post
reservation we could make?

How long should we expect it to take to collect our luggage, walk to quick coach (I don't know if it's actually in the airport, etc.), etc.?

The options are to leave at 1:30, 2:30 or 4:00?

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!

ps - I've looked at the Vancouver specific threads but can't seem to find a definitive enough answer.
Are you arriving in Seattle on embarkation day? I hope not, because I really don't think that you have enough time to make it to the ship, if you are.
__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
DarthTod
Mouseketeer
 
DarthTod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyLaPerle View Post
reservation we could make?

How long should we expect it to take to collect our luggage, walk to quick coach (I don't know if it's actually in the airport, etc.), etc.?

The options are to leave at 1:30, 2:30 or 4:00?

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!

ps - I've looked at the Vancouver specific threads but can't seem to find a definitive enough answer.
SEA is not an overly large airport. You can get from any gate to baggage claim within fifteen minutes. Assuming you arrive on time, the 1:30 departure is totally doable.
DarthTod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:02 AM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 45,599

Their website says: "Bus departs from the South end of the Baggage Claim area outside Door 00 in Bays 11-16."


I have not had the experience of getting from any gate to baggage claim in 15 minutes, then again, I haven't had to. Doesn't sound like much fun to me, especially considering how many uphill slopes there are going in that direction.


I also noticed: "Quick recommends passengers arrive at departure locations, a minimum 15 minutes before departure."


Do you have to make an exact reservation? If not, I'd just see where you stood when you get in. If you're on time, if you get off the plane quickly, if you're at a closer gate, you get your bags quickly, then run on out. If you've gotten there a bit late, people have to use the restrooms, etc etc, or even if you want to sit and grab something to eat, then shoot for the 2:30 bus. Would be far more pleasant to relax and have a coffee or something before getting on the bus.

Just remember that most of the good stuff...most restaurants and our fave Dilettante Coffee, are *inside* security, so if that's the plan, don't leave the secure area before refreshing yourselves. (of course then you'll have to get your bags from the luggage office b/c they will have been taken off the carousel)
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #5
KelseyLaPerle
Mouseketeer
 
KelseyLaPerle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post

Are you arriving in Seattle on embarkation day? I hope not, because I really don't think that you have enough time to make it to the ship, if you are.
No, we arrive in Seattle the day before and need to make our way to Vancouver that evening.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
July 2003 - Honeymoon at All Star Sports
Nov. 2009 - All Star Music Family Suite
Nov. 2010 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
Aug. 2012 - Saratoga Springs
March 2013 - Pop Century
July 2013 - DCL - Wonder to Alaska
February 2014 - runDisney marathon weekend
July 2014 - Saratoga Springs
October 2014 - runDisney ToT!
KelseyLaPerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
KelseyLaPerle
Mouseketeer
 
KelseyLaPerle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Their website says: "Bus departs from the South end of the Baggage Claim area outside Door 00 in Bays 11-16."

I have not had the experience of getting from any gate to baggage claim in 15 minutes, then again, I haven't had to. Doesn't sound like much fun to me, especially considering how many uphill slopes there are going in that direction.

I also noticed: "Quick recommends passengers arrive at departure locations, a minimum 15 minutes before departure."

Do you have to make an exact reservation? If not, I'd just see where you stood when you get in. If you're on time, if you get off the plane quickly, if you're at a closer gate, you get your bags quickly, then run on out. If you've gotten there a bit late, people have to use the restrooms, etc etc, or even if you want to sit and grab something to eat, then shoot for the 2:30 bus. Would be far more pleasant to relax and have a coffee or something before getting on the bus.

Just remember that most of the good stuff...most restaurants and our fave Dilettante Coffee, are *inside* security, so if that's the plan, don't leave the secure area before refreshing yourselves. (of course then you'll have to get your bags from the luggage office b/c they will have been taken off the carousel)

I have to make a bus reservation at least 24 hours in advance. Thus I can't wait until we arrive, collect baggage, etc and just hop on a bus. I wish it were that easy! I think I'll give us some extra time and book the later bus.

Thanks, everyone!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
July 2003 - Honeymoon at All Star Sports
Nov. 2009 - All Star Music Family Suite
Nov. 2010 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
Aug. 2012 - Saratoga Springs
March 2013 - Pop Century
July 2013 - DCL - Wonder to Alaska
February 2014 - runDisney marathon weekend
July 2014 - Saratoga Springs
October 2014 - runDisney ToT!
KelseyLaPerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
summerblue
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 146

I would take the 2:30, SeaTac is easy to get through but I just don't like to feel rushed at all. We flew into SeaTac and took the train to Vancouver ( 10 years ago-nearly) on our first Alaskan cruise when we got married. We were going to do it again this year ( but on Disney), because our DD would love it, but some changes have occurred and our niece will be with us, ( for some reason the kid HATES trains), so we are just flying straight into YVR. You may be fine on the 1:30, but taking the 2:30 you can always grab a bite to eat somewhere before the 3.5-4 hour bus ride ( I am assuming you are taking the bus, I think the train only has two departure times, an am and pm) Whatever you choose, have a great trip.
summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.