Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
KashasMom
DIS Veteran

Port Canaveral Logistics (Hotel, Parking, etc.)

I'm working on all the little (okay, a lot of) pre-cruise details. We'll be spending the week before our cruise at WDW and will have a car. On Friday morning we'll be heading out to Kennedy Space Center and will stay overnight near the port.

Not too concerned about the hotel - any that is clean is fine - but may want a laundry room. Ten minute proximity to the port is fine as well. Any suggestions?

What's the best plan for the car - get a stay and park rate at the hotel (those seem a little higher priced) or park at one of the cruise lots (not at the port itself)? If you park at the lot can you first drop passengers/luggage off at the port?
1972 Home Lines Homeric (Bahamas), 1977 Cunard Princess (Bermuda), 1986 Carnival Holiday (Eastern Caribbean), 1987 Carnival Jubilee (Eastern Caribbean), 1988 Premier/Big Red Boat Starship Oceanic (Bahamas), 1991 Premier/Big Red Boat Starship Atlantic (Bahamas), 1991 Costa Riviera (Western Caribbean), 1993 Carnival Fantasy (Southern Caribbean), 1997 Celebrity Century (Western Caribbean), 1997 Celebrity Century (Eastern Caribbean), 1998 Grandeur of the Seas (Eastern Caribbean), 1998 Disney Magic Inaugural Celebration (Bahamas), 2000 Carnival Destiny (Canada), 2001 Celebrity Infinity (Alaska - Inside Passage), 2003 Royal Princess (South America), 2008 RCI Serenade of the Seas (repo -SF to Vancouver via Alaska - Inside Passage), 2010 Caribbean Princess (Southern Caribbean), 2010 Caribbean Princess (b-b Southern Caribbean), 2012 Disney Magic (NY-Bahamas), 2012 Brand-New Carnival Breeze (Eastern Carib), 2012 NCL Epic (Eastern Carib), 2013 Brand-Spanking-New NCL Breakaway *Family Reunion Cruise* (Bermuda), 2013 Disney Fantasy (Western Caribbean)

------

Upcoming Cruise: Disney Fantasy - February 2015
Upcoming Cruise: Disney Magic - Norwegian Fjords and Iceland - June 2015
KashasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

I, personally, would just park at the port. I know it is more expensive than some of the off site lots but for me the pure convenience of walking out of the terminal, going a few yards and getting to my car far outweighs the lower price of the off site places.

We love the Marriott Residence Inn in Port Canaveral. Have stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and the Radisson near the port and the MRI is our favorite.

We have also stayed at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach and Four Points Marriott in Cocoa Beach.

Do not know if any of the above have laundry facilities as we never tried to use them.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: