Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #451
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

I get to book my Ohana reservation tomorrow! We've never been there so I'm really looking forward to it. I was hoping there would be Wishes that night but no luck. That's ok. I don't want to fight the crowds getting back to our hotel anyway.

Under 6 months now kids!! Can't wait!

Weluvdisny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #452
RunnerRen
~Ren~

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Perfect timing! I was going to have to track this email addy down this week to submit a time from a 10k I did today. It was a PR for me. (56:35) I was the first female finisher. (which surprised me) Not a huge turn out, but still... my time was much better than any others I have had. I think/hope this will put me in good position for corral placement.
CONGRATS on your PR, that is an amazing time!!!

~All Our Dreams Can Come True, if We Have the Courage to Pursue Them~
RunnerRen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #453
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerRen View Post
CONGRATS on your PR, that is an amazing time!!!
Thanks!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #454
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
I get to book my Ohana reservation tomorrow! We've never been there so I'm really looking forward to it. I was hoping there would be Wishes that night but no luck. That's ok. I don't want to fight the crowds getting back to our hotel anyway.

Under 6 months now kids!! Can't wait!
Why no wishes? If it is a Halloween party night there will be Hallowishes, which is an even better show (IMHO)!

Officially started training yesterday. I have a July 4th 10k that I am prepping for. So that is my prelude to this race and hopefully I can get a halfway decent time and not be in the last group!

The hardest part of training will be last half of July. We will be on DCL in the Med. for 12 days plus a few extra in Barcelona. Between heat and other activities I am going to do my best to keep up with the training. But it will definitely be the hardest part.
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #455
rigsfhdgnv
Earning My Ears

Corrals, proof of time

I'm really glad for all this corral/proof of time talk. Today I submitted my time from a 2012 half marathon. Hopefully, I'll be in a closer corral now. The DisneySports email replied within an hour or so.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #456
Weluvdisny

annmarieda, that's excellent on your PR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaurafsu View Post
Why no wishes? If it is a Halloween party night there will be Hallowishes, which is an even better show (IMHO)!
I just looked for Sunday, 10/6 and there is MNSSHP that night. Are the fireworks usually the same time as Wishes?

Last edited by Weluvdisny; 04-08-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #457
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigsfhdgnv View Post
I'm really glad for all this corral/proof of time talk. Today I submitted my time from a 2012 half marathon. Hopefully, I'll be in a closer corral now. The DisneySports email replied within an hour or so.
That is amazing they got back to you so quickly! For the phm, it took at least a week...but I don't think more than two. I wonder if it depends on what races are nearing and how full things are.

I sent in my time from my 10k... I hope to hear back soon...but will be happy if I hear back by the end of the week.

And.. in case some of you have not seen some of the "new stuff"

2 things...

there are the rumors that for 2014 races, proof of time will have to be submitted if you think you will finish in a longer time (like for the phm it was 2:45 and now looks like it will be 3:15. Also no corral changes will be allowed at the expo.

The other thing was that runnersworld (I guess they did last year too) is offering a package where you get to buy your corral placement (as in a special corral for those with the package) and walk to the corral. (as well as get pasta in the park and race retreat) for the WDW marathon weekend...dopey challenge.

I am happy about the first (except for corral placement change at the expo... I think a lot can happen for people between registration and race day), but worry that the second will just have those who would not have submitted proper proof just buy their way in.

Last edited by annmarieda; 04-08-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #458
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Perfect timing! I was going to have to track this email addy down this week to submit a time from a 10k I did today. It was a PR for me. (56:35) I was the first female finisher. (which surprised me) Not a huge turn out, but still... my time was much better than any others I have had. I think/hope this will put me in good position for corral placement.
That's AMAZING - way to run, annmarieda!

Quote:
And.. in case some of you have not seen some of the "new stuff"

2 things...

there are the rumors that for 2014 races, proof of time will have to be submitted if you think you will finish in a longer time (like for the phm it was 2:45 and now looks like it will be 3:15. Also no corral changes will be allowed at the expo.
Yep. I just registered for the WDW Half in January and it's very clear that if you do not submit proof of your time under 3:15:00 you'll be placed in the last corral. I don't have a time I want to submit right now, so I'll have to email it in before the cutoff in Nov. I'm pretty happy with the changes, even though random corral placement has totally worked in my favor in the past, lol! I'm not a fast runner, but it would be nice to have corrals be mostly folks of similar pacing.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #459
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

how do the placements work? if you dont submit a time you are automatically in the last corral?
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #460
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

70%

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:59 AM   #461
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
That's AMAZING - way to run, annmarieda!
thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

Yep. I just registered for the WDW Half in January and it's very clear that if you do not submit proof of your time under 3:15:00 you'll be placed in the last corral. I don't have a time I want to submit right now, so I'll have to email it in before the cutoff in Nov. I'm pretty happy with the changes, even though random corral placement has totally worked in my favor in the past, lol! I'm not a fast runner, but it would be nice to have corrals be mostly folks of similar pacing.

I agree... corrals placing people with similar pacing would be great. I imagine that has been the intent all along, but I know that some people just put down the 2:45 or even turn in "official times" that are not really all that accurate. I hope it helps to curb that a bit. I do think that the no corral placement changes at expo is a bit tough. So much can happen between the cut off and the expo. I was very committed last year to training for the ToT... but the cut off was too soon for me to get a time to submit. By the time the race happened I was running a much better pace than I was by the cut off. So what I think this will do is just keep less experience runners out of the first corrals... Now I have plenty of times to go off of since I have been at this for a year. That being said...even being slightly more experience this year than last... I imagine that I may have room to improve between July and October.

Quote:
annmarieda, that's excellent on your PR!!
Thanks!

Quote:
I just looked for Sunday, 10/6 and there is MNSSHP that night. Are the fireworks usually the same time as Wishes?
I hope someone has a more solid answer for you, but I think the fireworks (Hallowishes) were at about 9pm last year....

Quote:
I was impressed by how fast they got back to you...but still thought I would hope for a week. Well, guess what???? They got back to me as well within a very short time today. Not only that... I got a confirmation not just from trackshack...but active. The one from active showed my previous anticipated finish time and my new anticipated time. I have never had a double set of confirmations like this. Hopefully this is a sign that rundisney is getting more on the ball with these races.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #462
Weluvdisny

Quote:
I hope someone has a more solid answer for you, but I think the fireworks (Hallowishes) were at about 9pm last year....
Thanks for the info! I booked at 7:55 so if they are at 8:00 or 9:00 I should be covered. And ask for a window seat right? We've never seen the EWP so I'm hoping to catch that too!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #463
mommyofthreeboys
DIS Veteran

I'm signed up!!! My first Run Disney event!!!!
September 2008-ASsp- Anniversary trip-just DH & I
April 25-30, 2009- BWV with a friend
March 21-25, 2010- first cruise! and a stay at POR and CS. On the Wonder.
January 3-8, 2011- 2nd cruise! On the Magic.
(41) (38) (20) (15) (13)
mommyofthreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #464
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:
The DisneySports email replied within an hour or so.
Quote:
They got back to me as well within a very short time today. Not only that... I got a confirmation not just from trackshack...but active. The one from active showed my previous anticipated finish time and my new anticipated time. I have never had a double set of confirmations like this. Hopefully this is a sign that rundisney is getting more on the ball with these races.
Good to hear! Thanks for sharing, guys -- always nice to know what to expect.

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #465
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I booked at 7:55 so if they are at 8:00 or 9:00 I should be covered. And ask for a window seat right? We've never seen the EWP so I'm hoping to catch that too!
I would ask... I have always booked during a time where wishes might be going on... and never been able to see the fireworks. However... I have NEVER asked for a window seat. I suppose that would have been the thing to do.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: