Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #1501
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivemuggles View Post
So if my trip is Sept 28- Oct 6th am I looking at waiting until July until they announce? Since the bigger part of my stay is in Oct? Or do you think the Sept offers will extend to the end of the month?

I am hoping that my first day will fall into the end of the Sept deals so I don't have to wait haha!
The last couple of days of September could go either way. If you miss out on the late summer offer, don't panic. The fall offers usually pick up right where the late summer offers end. Good luck!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #1502
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzer79 View Post
Thank you!! I feel like I have developed Disney OCD... I log in every morning hoping it will magically appear on the offers list! I was really worried that my date might be to early for the Fall FD but I will keep the hope alive
I am with you on the OCD thing... take a look at my name!
Definitely keep an eye on these boards though - information will likely come out here first.
2007 - Polynesian
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Polynesian
Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #1503
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

Oooooh .... I got so excited when I got my mail today and there was one of those familiar post cards inside!!!! But - no pin code it was basically an add for a stay and play package in a 2 week September time frame, but when I priced it out it was the same as rack rate. Oh well .... I still have everything crossed!
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #1504
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Normally we go either way but fortunately we either had a good room only discount PIN or FD PIN or GP Code and now this yr I have called in numerous times and NOTHING..

This yr we also need to stay within a certain amount, I booked trip banking on some type of discount. While I don't think Disney owes us either we were going up to 3 times a yr until I got laid off in Aug..

Getting very very nervous when I read all the RUMORS about NO FD OR the FD that the UK is getting.. They are supposedly getting NO FD at values and Mods and Deluxe are only getting QSDP.. Im now a TA and we haven't heard a thing on FD and I spoke to a CM today who said that Disney has really really cut back on their discounts.. They believe that opening the new Fantasyland will bring in the guests w/o needing discounts.. I pray this is NOT the truth Ill be devastated if we have to cancel our trip!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #1505
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

CM says possibly no free dining

I just posted on another post...but I called Disney to see if i had a pin & I asked the CM if she has heard anything about free dining coming out this year and she said and I quote:
"We've been hearing that it will not be offered this year". Not sure if she is accurate, but thought I'd pass it along. I hope she is mistaken.
justplaingoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #1506
kazz2
Earning My Ears

ohhhhhh!!! I hope thats not true,thinking of going to Disneyworld in Sept 2013,if FD was on.what a great saving it is.
kazz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #1507
mickey2000
Pin trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplaingoofy View Post
I just posted on another post...but I called Disney to see if i had a pin & I asked the CM if she has heard anything about free dining coming out this year and she said and I quote:
"We've been hearing that it will not be offered this year". Not sure if she is accurate, but thought I'd pass it along. I hope she is mistaken.
A friend of my wifes son who is in management said the same thing! I would think we should give it to the end of April !

mickey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #1508
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Okay. So possible no dining. But they should still offer some sort of room discount for one of their slowest times of the year????
Old 04-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #1509
FlyingElephant
Earning My Ears

Confusion

Okay, what's going on? Cast members are hinting that it will happen, cast members are hinting that it won't happen, I mean, it seems that no one really has any idea about the fate of FD.
FlyingElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #1510
scottykristen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElephant View Post
Okay, what's going on? Cast members are hinting that it will happen, cast members are hinting that it won't happen, I mean, it seems that no one really has any idea about the fate of FD.
I agree! I talked to a CM yesterday and she said for me to not lose hope in FD. That it had not been offered this year yet and to look for something to come out in June! But then I read where others have said that it will not happen.

scottykristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #1511
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

In years past free ddp came out either end of march -beginning of April. (I believe)Surprised they would wait as long as June to release a sept promo.

I thought when Disney first started doing the free ddp it was to attract more people during their slowest month and to get people to want to buy ddp when they travel at other times (since it was new). I wonder how busy sept will be if they don't offer the free ddp.
justplaingoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #1512
FlyingElephant
Earning My Ears

We're hoping to go the last week of August as we have done the last couple of years. Just praying that Disney doesn't eliminate the offer (hopefully they know that FD is what makes the trip affordable for many families).
FlyingElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #1513
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplaingoofy View Post
In years past free ddp came out either end of march -beginning of April. (I believe)Surprised they would wait as long as June to release a sept promo.

I thought when Disney first started doing the free ddp it was to attract more people during their slowest month and to get people to want to buy ddp when they travel at other times (since it was new). I wonder how busy sept will be if they don't offer the free ddp.
You're right. It's always been march April. If I don't hear anything by the end of April. I'm going to call and talk to a CM. see If they know anything for sure by then.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #1514
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
You're right. It's always been march April. If I don't hear anything by the end of April. I'm going to call and talk to a CM. see If they know anything for sure by then.
Danny25 said he would let us know the next deal 20 days before it comes out. Phone CMs are the least reliable when it comes to future discounts. Often times when we get deal info here and then call them the day it goes live, they have no idea that the deal even exists! You can call with the same question 10 times and get 3 or more different answers. Many of the call centers are not even located in the state of Florida. Someone once asked to add a lake view request at POP and the CM told them there was no lake there.

Last edited by smitch425; 04-08-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Typo
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #1515
scottykristen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
If it gets to that point, please let us know what you find out!

scottykristen is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: