Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #16
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

That sounds like a perfect cruise for you then. No aqua duck on the wonder and no aqua lab. There are the two pools - Mickey for the younger and goofy for the older. And the adults only pool of course. The wonder is a wonderful ship. The dinning is as good or better. It's smaller - shorter lines if they want to see the princesses or other characters. I have been on all of the Disney ships and I like them all, but if I were to rank them, it would be magic/wonder first, fantasy 2nd and the dream 3rd.

Key west is a family friendly town (except for at night - you won't be there then, and don't go during the "fantasy fest" (mid to late October ) to stay family friendly. We were there in January and had a great visit. Did the old town hop on / off trolley, visited Hemingway house (6 toed cats) and harry truman little White House. Didn't have time to go to the shipwreck museum or the aquarium. If I had younger children I would not hesitate going to key west.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #17
Delrea
Mouseketeer

Thanks and keep it coming :)

Thank you all for your replies, I've loved them all!
Delrea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #18
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

I love the Wonder and I think you will too - the 2nd day at CC will make up for the lack of the Aquaduck for sure!
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #19
Happy100
Mouseketeer

If you ask my 8yr old son he would absolutely not want to go back to the older ships (Magic or Wonder). We have been on the Wonder, Magic and recently the Fantasy. The reason he said is b/c of the AquaDuck, the club and lab and the midship detective agency. If your girls are younger then 5 you can probably get away with the older ship and your girls wouldn't notice much. Older kids will know for sure and would possibly be disappointed if they have sailed on the newer ships. He said even with going to CC twice he would be disappointed.

Now with that said every child is different and if that is the cruise that fits your income and time then it is a no brainer. A cruise is a cruise and you go when you can. If you can choose then I wouldn't go back to the older ships at all. At the very least I would ask my kids and tell them what the differences may be because if their having a wonderful time you will too. Good luck.

Disney Fantasy 3/29/14
Disney Fantasy 12/15/12
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 2/12/12
Disney Magic 7 day Western 10/16/10
Disney Wonder 4 day Bahamas 8/22/09
Happy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #20
susiee
Earning My Ears

Delrea,
I could have written your post - we were on the Fantasy in Nov and our next cruise is th 9/26 5 night Wonder.
I had the same worries....and have felt much better after reading all the positive posts.

To be honest, I did not feel like our Fantasy cruise was crazy crowded. The only time I really thought about how many people were there was on pirate night - the other times it was busy but not bad, IMO. While my girls did like the Aquaduck, I think the 2 days at CC have won our hearts!

Enjoy planning and I hope we both have awesome trip reports next fall!!!
susiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
dandjfla
DCL addict!

We are going on the 10/1/14 5 night as well! We took our first cruise on the Dream last month and had a blast! I'm excited to try out one of the classic ships!

3/14/13 Disney Dream
10/31/13 Disney Dream on Halloween!
2/3/14 Disney Magic
10/1/14 Disney Wonder Double Dip

2015? Disney Fantasy Grand Slam!
dandjfla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: