Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #871
Patience
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post

Unfortunately the main pool, food court, and gym are at 3 opposite ends of CSR like points on a triangle so it's not possible to be right next to all 3. The gym is in Casitas 4 which is our favorite location. I use the gym as well so its nice to have it right there, as well as a quiet pool, laundry, and the best busstop which is busstop 2. It's about 3 min walk to the food court for me, but about 5 mins at my wife's pace. The main pool however is on the far side a good 10 min walk possibly 12 mins with little kids in tow.

If your husband doesn't mind being on the opposite side from the gym than Cabanas area will be close to the main pool for the daughter.
How far away are the cabanas from the food court and the gym? 10 minutes?
Old 04-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #872
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Thinking about booking a business class room for our family of 4 this summer and wondered if anyone could give me some info on the location? CSR is beautiful but I have always stayed away because of the size. We will have a car but how far would we be from the food court and main pool?

Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #873
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
How far away are the cabanas from the food court and the gym? 10 minutes?
There are 4 Cabanas buildings. If you pay for Business Class you get a room in 9B which is 2 mins from main pool, 2 mins from busstop 1, 2-3 mins from food court and one building over from quiet pool and laundry. 9A is the next closest to the food court with 8A being the farthest. 8A is 5-7 mins from the food court. The fitness club would be 8-12 mins depending on section and walking speed. All of the Cabanas are within 2-3 mins from main pool.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #874
kris4360
DIS Veteran

I booked a preferred room. Does that mean I will atuomatically be put in castillas? Nov. 24-Dec. 1!!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #875
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Whats the difference between standard and preferred besides location?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #876
49rt67
Mouseketeer

I just made reservations for CSR, for 10/25 to 10/30. A friend recommended this resort, and said the bus service to the parks great! Can't wait
11/06 Pop Century
09/04 All-Star Music
11/01 Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/99 All-Star Movie
10/97 All-Star Sports
11/95 All-Star Sports
11/94 All Star Sports
Old 04-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #877
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4360 View Post
I booked a preferred room. Does that mean I will atuomatically be put in castillas? Nov. 24-Dec. 1!!
Yes, you will be in Casitas 1, 2, or 3. Those are the only preferred buildings at CSR.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #878
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

We are going to the Rancho's - nice and quiet
Plus some exercise to get some food at the Pepper Market.

But if we do not want the long walk - which bus should we get on to get off at the main building?
The Park bus or the DTD bus ?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #879
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Can anyone answer these questions for me?
1. Do you think I won't get my request ( cabanas 8A) if our check is after 9:30 PM? Has anyone had good luck late in the evening? I really don't want a parking lot view or ranchos.

2. Is the pool area really hot in August? I read on another thread that there is not much shade compared to the other mods. We haven't been to CSR in 10 years and it was in November so I have no idea what to expect.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 04-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #880
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
1. Do you think I won't get my request ( cabanas 8A) if our check is after 9:30 PM? Has anyone had good luck late in the evening? I really don't want a parking lot view or ranchos.

2. Is the pool area really hot in August? I read on another thread that there is not much shade compared to the other mods. We haven't been to CSR in 10 years and it was in November so I have no idea what to expect.
From my experience, arriving close to 9pm (this was in 2012), I had requested Cabanas and my room was in 8A! If you're arriving late, I think you should definitely do online check-in. You list your estimated arrival time, which will be helpful for the room assigners.

Your pool question I really can't assist with. I seem to remember plenty of shaded areas, but I never went swimming -- just hit the pool bar!

Old 04-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #881
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post

#1 For our last stay at CSR I had requested Cabanas 8A or 8B and we ended up in Casitas 4. We arrived around 4pm. I was ok with any location that was not Ranchos, and Casitas 4 ended up being a great location.

#2 I don't think there is a ton of shade by the pool. But the only moderate that I think has a lot of shade is POR. There are definitely shady spots though.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #882
M2B
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There are some shady areas by the pool, set back a bit though. I can't compare to other resorts.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #883
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

I can't believe I am now just getting a chance to update. We are at the tail end of our trip and this was our first stay at CS. I love the resorts laid back feel. I have not felt crowded or overwhelmed at all here. It is SO big but I think the lake and the walkway make it feel not so big.
Our request was Cabanas. We did not get it but we were put in Casitas 5.. I love this location. It's a 4 story building and its bus stop is # 2 ( which is the first stop, so we have never had to stand) and we have a beautiful view.
A couple if negatives. I am have not been impressed by either the pepper market or Cafe Rixs. The first day we got here we had lunch as our party of 7.. My sil/bil and their kids got up from the table to order food so they didn't see the waitress until halfway through their Neal for their drinks. At the end of the meal they get their bill and $12 or 18% has been added ( which as most of you know is mandatory for parties of 6 or more). Now I work as a bartender so I live off tips.. However, the way they do it here I think just doesn't work. Between both families the worker got $20 and all she did was bring 7 drinks and 4 were brought midway through the meal.
The second negative was at Rixs. You walk in and on the walk is the menu for hot items. Now you would think if there is a menu that they actually offer what's there. But I asked for 3 different items and was told they didn't offer them. So, take them off the menu!! Lol
We also encountered a huge gathering of fraternity/sorority kids at the dig site yesterday. Now I pride myself on being a pretty hip 40 something however, there is a time and place for everything and at a Disney pool where there are mostly children kids shouldn't be walking sideways screaming profanity. Not that my child hasn't heard his share, just the point. There was also ALOT of binge drinking. All I know is I hope know one from the DIS was staying in the ranchos last night because I am assuming you all probably would b getting a late start today..
I know it's sounds like I am all negative. I'm not.. I actually love it here. Every morning I walk to El Centro for coffee and everyone has been so nice! It's a lovely walk. The landscape is gorgeous and it's very clean.
The rooms are nice too and the beds very comfortable..
If anyone has any questions let me know.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #884
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Glad you enjoyed your stay, loganpaulsmom!

I agree with you on just about everything: love the laid back feel, love walking the grounds (so peaceful and pretty!); Pepper Market and Cafe Rix are the negatives to me -- although Rix Lounge is pretty amazing!

I'm sorry about the young adults at the pool. I wish people would watch their language. It might be part of their everyday life, but if it's offensive to others, please refrain!

Old 04-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #885
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Glad you enjoyed your stay, loganpaulsmom!

I agree with you on just about everything: love the laid back feel, love walking the grounds (so peaceful and pretty!); Pepper Market and Cafe Rix are the negatives to me -- although Rix Lounge is pretty amazing!

I'm sorry about the young adults at the pool. I wish people would watch their language. It might be part of their everyday life, but if it's offensive to others, please refrain!
Haven't been able to get the Rix lounge. Haven't convinced my 11 year old nephew to watch the 9 and 7 year old in the room.. Lol
We are still enjoying our stay. We are far away from the Spring Breakers and the resort seems not busy. Some CMs were talking the other day and did this is one of the slowest weeks.. Good for us..
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: