Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Stitchie13
Earning My Ears

Naples Private Excursion choices

Well we are getting close and I am looking at doing a full day private excursion for just the family and I wonder if any of you can make some recommendations as to who to book with?

Is Romeinlimo the only option? I sent them an email and they haven't replied.
Stitchie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
goofs
Earning My Ears

We've booked all our excursions with shoreexcusion.com. We paid £129 per person for Villefrance: ezse, monacco and la turbie, Naples: pompei, sorrento and postianto and rome which includes the collesseum, trevi fountain and the vatican plus others. Thought it was a good price
goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!
Just one more victim of a drive-by tag attack

We are using Smart Cruise Tours. They are significantly cheaper than Rome In Limo but still get really good reviews and more importantly they have communicated really well with me whereas I waited a long time for a reply from Rome in Limo AND then it was a standard answer which didn't really fit my question.

We are paying 300 Euro total for our family of four to doa full day private excursion in Naples (same in Rome) tailored to suit our needs. It should have been 310 euro but you get 10 euro off each if you book more than one.

I checked on cruise critic and trip advisor as well as their own website to see feedback and there are lots of happy customers.

Mel
x
Melcatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
Calfan
DIS Veteran

On the 2011 Med cruise, we used RomeLimosTours (different from Rome in Limo) for a private tour of Capri and Pompeii from Naples. We were traveling with another family, so the tour was for 8 of us. We were very impressed with RomeLimosTours. They were waiting for us when the ship docked, and our guide for the day was fantastic. She accompanied us on the ferry ride to Capri and helped buy our tickets for the ride up the funicular into the village of Capri. We hadn't requested a private tour of Capri, so she gave us some pointers, and we met her after an hour or so of walking around on our own. Then she took us on the ferry to Sorrento where another vehicle was waiting to take us to Pompeii. Before our tour of Pompeii, we stopped at a restaurant recommended to us by our guide that was really good. We ate outside in the shade, just outside the gates of Pompeii. We also had time to buy handmade sandals. Then our guide gave us a private tour of Pompeii that was excellent. She was particularly adept at moving us past larger tour groups, so we didn't have to wait at the bottlenecks for the more popular areas like the brothel, LOL. The only slight snag we had with them was that in my email communications with them prior to the cruise, I had been told that we could pay by credit card. But when it came time to pay our tour guide at the end of the day, we were told cash only. Luckily there was an ATM nearby, and both DH and I had brought our ATM cards. Also luckily, we weren't limited in how much cash we could withdraw, so we were able to withdraw enough to pay for the tour. Despite this little snafu, I would definitely recommend this company.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Northern Europe)
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

I did weeks and weeks of research last year.

I don't have specific recommendations for you since I haven't gone on my trip yet, but I do have a company that you should avoid: Italy Limousine (the one based in Naples).

After over 40 emails w/them back and forth discussing our plans, type of vehicle, etc., the owner emailed me asking for a positive Tripadvisor review even before we've taken the trip. I reminded her that our trip wasn't until 2013, and she replied basically that she'd want a good review anyway, before the trip.

She was a bit shady during the planning phase but I chocked it up to the language barrier, but after this I decided to cancel with them. Her tone also changed dramatically with me depending on what we were discussing (money/discounts v. her wanting me to hire a full on minibus for my kids). She also tried to convince me that going to the overlook of Positano rather than entering it (sparing her company the entry fee) would be "the same." Just little things like made me raise my eyebrows but the tripadvisor request tipped me over the edge.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
NC_Tink
Mouseketeer

In 2010 we used Mariano Fiorentino of Pleasant Travel. http://www.pleasantravel.com/
He was amazing!!! He took us, per our desires, to Mt. Vesuvius, Sorrento and Pompeii. One of the things that really endeared me to him, was my then 9 year old got car sick driving along the coast (very curvy roads along the coast) and Mariano took it in stride, never missed a beat. He pulled the car over at a fruit stand and purchased a lemon, cut it in half and gave it to my son. He told us that the smell of the lemon helps to combat the nausea. Don't know if there's medical basis behind this -- but it sure seemed to work for my boy. We stopped at his home, not sure if he does this with all of his guests (and that's what we felt like - not like customers) but this was a great experience as he grows olives and limons, as well as other fruits and vegetables. My boys loved hearing about the process of growing, gathering and processing the olives. We then went to a wonderful restaurant (Zio Sams) which overlooked Sorrento and the Mediterranean. Awesome! My family and I would highly recommend him. He was a wonderful guide/driver who puts a really nice personal touch to his "tour" with personal stories mixed in with the history of the area.

2013 (Fantasy - Eastern Caribbean), 2011 (off-site); 2010 (Magic - Mediterranean), 2009 (Magic - Western Caribbean), 2008 (CBR), 2007 (Poly, Wonder - 4 day & AKL), 2005 (AKL), 2005 RCCL, 2004 (off-site) & (Poly & AKL), 2002 (off-site), 2001 (off-site), 1997 RCCL, 1993 (off-site), MK - several times prior to 1980
NC_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: