Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #856
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8LSUFAN View Post
What type of coffee pot will be in CSR? Also, is there pool towel service are do I need to use the ones in the room or bring my own beach towels from home?

thx

I don't do coffee. But here's a picture of the coffee maker in the CSR room. They're the individual "pod" type.

IMGP0446 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

You shouldn't have to worry about towels unless you particularly want yours. There are plenty of towels at The Dig Site pool, and you could just bring a room towel to the smaller quiet pools. Just call and ask for more towels if you need them.

IMGP7105 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 04-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #857
vikster1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Has anyone ever stayed at a busy time of year and had an issue finding empty chairs at the main pool? Last year we stayed at the BC in August and finding a spot to sit by SAB was a nightmare somedays...just want to be mentally prepared if that's also an issue at CSR. Last time we stayed at CSR was Oct '09 and we only made it to the main pool once. TIA.
I was there last week. The dig site pool was tough to get a lounge chair at the pool around 11:00. I did not visit the other pools. My husband commented several times saying he thought the resort was empty too. We were in 9B and I didn't see many rooms occupied.
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #858
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMinnie View Post
Sorry, I did mean bus stop 2, not 1. I was in a hurry when I typed my questions. We want to be in Casitas 4 or 5. When I made my request I just told them we wanted Casitas.
I would request Casitas 4 ground floor. That would be ideal for you. If the request isn't honored when you are checking in, politely ask if it could be. Last trip to CSR we requested Casitas 4 top floor and we had paid for a waterview. When checking in they had us assigned to Casitas 5 top floor. I asked if it would be possible to honor our request, 1 min later they gave me a choice of 6 rooms to pick from! We ended up with exactly what we wanted.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #859
tammilynne
Mouseketeer

I have a preferred room booked... if I.want to.be close to.a bus stop what should I request??

June 2006 All Star Movies - Star Wars weekends
July 2011 All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel- Disney/Universal trip
June 2013 Coronado Springs -Star Wars Weekends
Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #860
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammilynne View Post
I have a preferred room booked... if I.want to.be close to.a bus stop what should I request??
Casitas 1 would be your best bet. The very far end of Casitas 3 is close to busstop 2, but its farther away from the main building and might make you feel like you wasted money on a preffered room.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #861
canyoncam
Mouseketeer

Question Walking to Blizzard Beach

Staying in three weeks. Is it possible? Looks like they are not too far across highway from one another.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #862
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyoncam View Post
Staying in three weeks. Is it possible? Looks like they are not too far across highway from one another.
They are very close. Can't say whether or not it'd be a pleasant walk, but I feel like almost every other bus also went to blizzard beach.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #863
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's farther walk than it looks. Not sure if there is a safe walking path or not. I wouldn't bother. It's literally 4 mins on the bus from CSR.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #864
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
When we were there, a CM told us it was about a 10 minute walk. It IS possible. But it's just a quick jaunt on the bus. Easy!

Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #865
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
When we were there, a CM told us it was about a 10 minute walk. It IS possible. But it's just a quick jaunt on the bus. Easy!

Yeah, I thought I remembered seeing a path on Google Earth, but wasn't interested enough to see if that was true.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #866
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

Its easily a mile walk door to door and with all the walking you will do at BB, why do the walk. There is a sidewalk on the other side of the road from CSR, you cross at the main entrance.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #867
canyoncam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post

Thanks. I was more concerned about at end of day. I remember waiting 1/2 hour for a bus when staying at POP and close to that when I was at AKL so just thought if it was easy enough......
Old 04-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #868
Patience
DIS Veteran

We stayed at CSR many years ago when it was brand new. We enjoyed it and are considering it again if/when the late summer discount is released. My husband wants a resort with a gym and my understanding is that CSR is the only moderate with one. I can no longer remember what section we stayed in all those many years ago so I am wondering what is a good standard section to request if we decide upon CSR. My husband I are traveling with our youngest daughter who will be 6 at the time of our trip. She will want some pool and playground time, I don't want to be too far from the food court or a bus stop and neither of us have any idea where the gym is. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #869
dminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We stayed at CSR many years ago when it was brand new. We enjoyed it and are considering it again if/when the late summer discount is released. My husband wants a resort with a gym and my understanding is that CSR is the only moderate with one. I can no longer remember what section we stayed in all those many years ago so I am wondering what is a good standard section to request if we decide upon CSR. My husband I are traveling with our youngest daughter who will be 6 at the time of our trip. She will want some pool and playground time, I don't want to be too far from the food court or a bus stop and neither of us have any idea where the gym is. Any suggestions?
We also wanted to be by the gym and a good bus stop. The gym is in Casitas 4. We requested building 4 and got Casitas 5. It was great. It was close to bus stop # 2, which is actually the first stop. It was about 1/2 way between El Centro and the main pool. There is also a great quiet pool right outside the health club.

I don't think there is any ONE great location at CSR. A lot of people swear by the Cabanas. I really preferred the Casitas because of the health club and bus stop #2. It helps to consider what you'd like to be closest to. The way it's designed, the food court is far from the main pool (but there is a limited menu at the pool snack bar). There are maps of the resort you can look up to see what would work best for your family.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #870
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post

Thanks!
Unfortunately the main pool, food court, and gym are at 3 opposite ends of CSR like points on a triangle so it's not possible to be right next to all 3. The gym is in Casitas 4 which is our favorite location. I use the gym as well so its nice to have it right there, as well as a quiet pool, laundry, and the best busstop which is busstop 2. It's about 3 min walk to the food court for me, but about 5 mins at my wife's pace. The main pool however is on the far side a good 10 min walk possibly 12 mins with little kids in tow.

If your husband doesn't mind being on the opposite side from the gym than Cabanas area will be close to the main pool for the daughter.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: