Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #3031
Pete W.
DIS Veteran

We were just there last week and both the quiet pool and main pool have lifts.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #3032
corneredbycorn
Mouseketeer

I know I read this somewhere on this thread a month or so ago, but now I can't find it. Sorry about that.

For a standard room, where do we want to request the room to be for best view and quickest access out?

I'm thinking it was facing EPCOT, high up, but I'd like verification or correction on that. Thanks!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #3033
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

We arrive 2 weeks from today!

If our room is not ready, will they CL staff hold our carry-on in the lounge for us?

thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #3034
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
We arrive 2 weeks from today!

If our room is not ready, will they CL staff hold our carry-on in the lounge for us?

thanks!
Bell services will store your carry on or luggage. The club level really doesn't have the room to store anything Have a great stay !
Old 04-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #3035
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Des anyone happen to know the brand and paint color of the BWI lobby? I know it is a seafoam green it I am looking for more exact info.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 04-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #3036
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
It used to be. Sadly, that is one privilege we lost.
One of many, and many perks, too are gone - like unlimited use of non-motorized recreational equipment when staying onsite - those were the good ol' days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Thanks for the reply
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete W. View Post
We were just there last week and both the quiet pool and main pool have lifts.
Thank you for confirming this for the OP, Pete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneredbycorn View Post
I know I read this somewhere on this thread a month or so ago, but now I can't find it. Sorry about that.

For a standard room, where do we want to request the room to be for best view and quickest access out?

I'm thinking it was facing EPCOT, high up, but I'd like verification or correction on that. Thanks!
"Best" is relative, but for a STD room, I would request an Epcot/Garden View on a high floor, preferably 5th so there wouldn't be anyone above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Des anyone happen to know the brand and paint color of the BWI lobby? I know it is a seafoam green it I am looking for more exact info.
If you hadn't moved us up on the WL thread from page two, I might be giving you one of these . I will be so impressed if someone can answer this - maybe a CM
Old 04-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #3037
im4kycats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I don't know what it is, but Walmart is now selling Disney paint. Could be they have one that is the same?

Me DH DS (15) DD (9)

1992 - Disneymoon at CBR; 2010 - Easter in the World at CBR; 2011 - MNSSHP at POFQ; 2012 - 20th Anniversary at AoA; 2013 - Adults to BWI; 2014 - Cars Suite at AoA
Old 04-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #3038
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

If you hadn't moved us up on the WL thread from page two, I might be giving you one of these . I will be so impressed if someone can answer this - maybe a CM
Hey!

It's an honest question and one I've tried to have answered for years!
We'll be home soon...

Old 04-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #3039
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4kycats View Post
I don't know what it is, but Walmart is now selling Disney paint. Could be they have one that is the same?
Close, but not quite. BWI has more blue in it tho.
We'll be home soon...

Old 04-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #3040
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Hey!

It's an honest question and one I've tried to have answered for years!
Maybe I need to offer a "very special award" as an incentive to the poster who can answer your question....How about this (In JPEG form, of course)....

Old 04-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #3041
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
I suggest you send an e-mail to Disney World using their "contact us" link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/

I have sent in a few off the wall (not literally on the wall, like you) questions to them over the years and when they can answer they do. I asked about the brand and style of mattress at CSR and brand of fertilizer at another of the resorts. They were very helpful. I'm sure that there are plans somewhere with the wall color noted, but it might be proprietary to WDW and they won't give it out. Good luck in your hunt.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #3042
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I'm sure that there are plans somewhere with the wall color noted, but it might be proprietary to WDW and they won't give it out. Good luck in your hunt.
Or, they don't want to give out the color because they want us to pay $ to return and experience it there.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #3043
KYfriedPanda
Mouseketeer

Hi all - We're going to be staying at the BWV for the first time over the last week of May, and I have some questions regarding getting to DHS early in the morning. We'd like to get there a bit earlier than rope drop (as most websites including this one suggest doing to get in as much action as possible before the crowds arrive). I see according to certain websites that the boats start running half an hour before the park opens. So here are my questions:

1A) Is the information I've found accurate? Do the boats start running half an hour prior to park opening?
1B) Would those boats get us to the park before rope drop, or would the loading times get us there just after the park opens?
2) Are the first boats in the morning really crowded?
3) Would you suggest just walking instead? Note that we're not opposed to walking, but we do know we'll be doing a lot of walking over the course of the week and might be more inclined to take the boat unless it's going to make a big difference.

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #3044
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4me2 View Post

Bell services will store your carry on or luggage. The club level really doesn't have the room to store anything Have a great stay !
Ok thanks, so i would have to bring it down to them after checking in?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #3045
autumnblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
We were at BWI last month and there was a lift for the BWI quiet pool and the spa at that area. I did not see anyone use them, but i noticed them and they looked to be in great shape. The feature pool was just refurbished -- completed when we were there. It was warm enough to swim only one day for me, so I didn't use the feature pool. I have to believe they've installed a lift for disabled guests if one wasn't there before. I'm going to look for some photos. Also, my daughter and I will be at BWI in August and I will look then if I don't find an answer before. I note that you're interested in BWV, and will check that side.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you! I really appreciate the information.

Best,

Autumn

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: