Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
sianell
Earning My Ears

Saratoga Springs 2br vila

Hi all!

This summer we are staying at SSR for 2 weeks and have requested a 2br accessible (with tub) villa. This is our first DVC stay and we're SO excited, the resort looks beautiful!

My boyfriend will have both an ECV and wheelchair with him, and we will be using the room with 2 double beds, with my parents in the master bedroom and sister in the living area.

My question is, will we be better off requesting a 2br lockoff, with the studio part accessible?

From my understanding, in a dedicated we would have 2 doubles in the room whereas in a lock off, the studio part would have a sofabed in place of the second double, meaning more space to store ECV etc so we won't infringe on other people's space?

My second question is, last year when we stayed at the beach club in a standard room, we had power assisted doors, which we would consider fairly essential as otherwise my boyfriend cannot get in or out the room by himself! I've looked through the modification lists at SSR and power assisted doors is not specifically mentioned, anyone know if they are there?

Thank you in advance for the help! Only 103 days to go
sianell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianell View Post
Hi all!

This summer we are staying at SSR for 2 weeks and have requested a 2br accessible (with tub) villa. This is our first DVC stay and we're SO excited, the resort looks beautiful!

My boyfriend will have both an ECV and wheelchair with him, and we will be using the room with 2 double beds, with my parents in the master bedroom and sister in the living area.

My question is, will we be better off requesting a 2br lockoff, with the studio part accessible?

From my understanding, in a dedicated we would have 2 doubles in the room whereas in a lock off, the studio part would have a sofabed in place of the second double, meaning more space to store ECV etc so we won't infringe on other people's space?

My second question is, last year when we stayed at the beach club in a standard room, we had power assisted doors, which we would consider fairly essential as otherwise my boyfriend cannot get in or out the room by himself! I've looked through the modification lists at SSR and power assisted doors is not specifically mentioned, anyone know if they are there?

Thank you in advance for the help! Only 103 days to go
I have stayed in the 2bd room lock off at SSR and while I wasn't storing an EVC I did have a stroller , a port a crib and some other baby gear for my 6 month old and had a good bit of room since we did not use the sofa bed. We were able to still move around and not have to fold any of it up .

Hope this helps.
donaldlovesdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
sianell
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info Donaldlovesdaisy I think I'll definitely request a lock off as it seems to make sense in our situation!

Does anyone know the answer to whether or not the rooms have power assisted doors like in beach club?
Old 04-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
Ali and boyz
DIS Veteran

We have stayed in both the dedicated and the lock-off. the lock-off the accessable part was in the master bedroom.

my parents got an accessable studio but there was no tub, just roll in shower

there were no power assisted doors

Ali and boyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: