Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #841
bbak3030
Mouseketeer

Can someone please explain the "renting points" thing to me? I know nothing about this stuff!

We are planning a trip first week of march next year. I really really really want to stay here but I'm having a hard time choking down the prices! Help!?!?

Trip Report: Missing Mardi Gras to meet Anna and Elsa!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #842
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbak3030 View Post
Can someone please explain the "renting points" thing to me? I know nothing about this stuff!

We are planning a trip first week of march next year. I really really really want to stay here but I'm having a hard time choking down the prices! Help!?!?
If you go on the DVC rent/trade board you can find people willing to rent their points to you for a stay at BLT...downside is you usually have to pay all up front and there is no room for cancellations usually.

I looked at doing it our past trip and didnt want to be locked in in case something happens but it does save you money! BLT is hardest to get though I have been told so you need to find someone whose home resort is BLT as they can book it sooner than others.

Hope that helps!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #843
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

a couple of questions

Hi. I have made a few ADRs, I wish I would leave them alone but I just can't! Anyhow, we are now going to do the Hoop Dee Doo. My first question is how much time will it take us to get there? I have gatherered the best way is the boat is that correct?
Also, our flight leaves at 6pm on our last day. What time should we plan on meeting the ME? We currently have an ADR at Akerhaus (spelling?)at 12:30, do you think we will have enough time?
Thanks guys!

New PTR: After All This, We are going to Need Some Magic!
Previous trip report: This is Literally the Best Trip Ever!

Old 04-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #844
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

Renting points are from individuals, like me, who purchased a point based Disney time share. BLT is one of those time share resorts at WDW. You can attempt to rent from individual owners. There are also several DisBoard sponsors over in the DVC section of these boards that rent points as a business. They have contracts and will charge half up front/ final payment before check in. You may want to check that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemarie21 View Post
Hi. I have made a few ADRs, I wish I would leave them alone but I just can't! Anyhow, we are now going to do the Hoop Dee Doo. My first question is how much time will it take us to get there? I have gatherered the best way is the boat is that correct?
Also, our flight leaves at 6pm on our last day. What time should we plan on meeting the ME? We currently have an ADR at Akerhaus (spelling?)at 12:30, do you think we will have enough time?
Thanks guys!
I can't answer about ME as we drive. The boat from CR dock to FW is the best route. It is a part of the CR, FW, WL loop. It is a short trip over - 15 minutes max - and short walk up to HDDR. Remember, even though you have the ADR, you still have to get the HDDR tickets. Concierge at CR should be able to print those out for you, unless something recently has changed.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #845
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I just tried to add on another night to our CR/CL reservation so that we could stay 11 nights instead of 10. ("Please, take my money WDTC"). But, the WDTC TA told me that the entire reservation system has been down since this morning (for "enhancements") and I should call back in a couple of hours. I know it's not her fault, but why can't the phone system let callers know it's down at the start of their call rather than after going through 5 minutes of prompts and then hold time? Rant over, I'll try again later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Guess what I just did....

Booked BLT 1BR
For Feb 1-8, 2014

I am soooo excited!!! Now just pray for a discount! No way DH will let me keep it at full rack rate!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I'm excited for you! So glad you didn't try calling today

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
Finally. Finally. FINALLY!

Friday I got confirmation on our two BR Lake view reservation for Jan 10-Jan 18.
Yippee! You need a ticker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
So we have finally decided (for now)....we are going to do a week stay (instead of splitting off and onsite) and are going to splurge for TPV!!!! I am soooooo excited!! Garden wing is enticing and I might still change my mind if no discounts are released. But as soon as I can book a package I am doing it!!!!

soooo excited. 2014 cant come soon enough!!
Congratulations and happy planning!

Quote:

BLV CL is honestly the best of both worlds! KOOK says it all the time and she is not wrong.

You honestly cant go wrong with anything you choose at CR
Attention, Tag Fairy, may I have Melissa's bolded comment added to my tags?

Quote:
This thread is awesome!!! YOu guys are amazing and have made me so excited about this stay!!!

Now my next question...which restaurant at CR is the best??
I'm so glad you're excited. CR/BLT is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Easy. California Grill. I'll be curious about the menu after the refurb, but they had a great steak. They also had a sushi menu.
Must agree with CG and it's a must-do for us every trip. Sure hope it re-opens for our July-August stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Thank you . I keep thinking about KOOK's suggestion about BLV CL.....I think you're both right about it being the best of both worlds . As much as I would love to sit on my own balcony and watch wishes or just stare at the MK, I'm thinking it would be just as nice doing that from the lounge. Our boys aren't little anymore so getting back to the room early isn't a concern of ours....they are 18 and (almost) 20, so they will probably be running around the resort or parks later than DH and I . We are going in December and the rates are pretty high, so I'm hoping there is some sort of discount to take the cost down a little. Thanks again for your input......I haven't booked yet, but I'm getting more excited every day learning everything I can about staying at the CR .
Have you booked yet? Have you booked yet? Just don't call now

Quote:
I would say Calli Grill, but I haven't eaten there. We didn't have time in Dec and in Feb it was closed for construction. But the reviews are always great!

We don't eat at Chef Mickey because DS is on the Autism spectrum and cant handle the noise and singing. We ate at The Wave for the first time in Feb and were thrilled with all our meals (2 breakfast, 1 dinner). My kiddos have food allergies so I have to plan ahead and had heard that Chef Dave was amazing with food allergies and he was! The food is great, the atmosphere is so relaxed, and in terms of convenience, well, cant be beat!

We also had great meals at Contempo Cafe. They have much more than your average QS and it all cooked to order. We found that it does take a bit longer than other QS locations, but it is worth it.
I'm not on the Autism spectrum and I feel the same as your son. A little of the Celebration song goes a long way with me. It's a great photo op, and I'd book it again for that reason only, but to be honest, there are much better dining/food choices at the CR.

Quote:
I agree what the Wave for breakfast is very good. We also will do CM breakfast for character interaction, but we try to avoid the dinner for the noise and darkness in the restaurant.
Yes, the Wave's breakfast buffet and their waitstaff have always been great when we've dined there. I highly recommend it for breakfast, but I wasn't crazy about their dinner service and I haven't tried it at lunch.

Quote:
The darkness is due to the windows. CR is a beautiful resort with all the windows, but once the sun sets, it gets really dark inside. They do have lights inside, but it seemed to be a lot darker to me. At 6:30, you will still have sunlight. We had an ADR after 8:00 PM. As for the noise, i think there are more people there at night, either riding monorail, in Outer Rim Bar, Contempo for dinner, etc. When we stay at BLT, we will start the vacation with breakfast at CM or Wave.
That's a great difference you pointed out between breakfast and dinner

Quote:

There are also travel companies that rent points. You can also apply any general public discounts (AP, military, FL Resident, etc...) to a DVC stay, such as BLT. This is called a cash reservation and you get daily housekeeping with those. When you stay "on points" daily housekeeping isn't included, but is available for an additional fee.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #846
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks guys!
ME picks you up approximately 3 hours before flight time (exact time will be assigned in a letter of instructions and sent to your resort room). If you want to use the resort airline check-in desk, you have to do that at least three hours before flight time, or you will take your bags with you on ME and check them in at the airport. Call the number on the instruction letter prior to using the resort airline check-in desk to pre-pay any baggage fees.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 04-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #847
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thanks guys!
Though I've never taken ME, I believe it always picks up guests at least 3 hours prior to your flight time, so you would be picked up at 3.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #848
princessap
DIS Veteran

thanks Kook! I am so excited and am sure I will have tons of questions over the next few months while I wait to book!

I take it from the comments on here you are the expert!!
looking forward to you helping me out
Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #849
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

I'm afraid to admit it but I'm cheating on the CR/BLT. I'm off to the AKV - Kidani on Thursday. I'm counting the SECONDS!!!! Soooo excited! But doing a studio with a family of four for a long weekend. Gonna be tight (amazing how quickly we acclimate to the space and kitchen - ha!). I'm so excited about this stay because I think it will be so unique. And since this isn't much of a park-visit trip, I'm sure that I will only miss the BLT when we do our morning visit to MK on Friday. My daughter will probably point and shout from the bus "look mommy, there's our hotel" like she always does as we go past it! Ha!

But can't wait for this unanticipated trip to the mouse. NEED a little R&R and that stupid annual pass that I bought because of marathon weekend and the family trip are starting to really add on to the contributions that I am making to the Walt Disney Co. this year!

But once back, I can officially start obsessing over my trip to the BLT with the family in September for the "real" trip. I'm sure I'll flip around all my ADRs about 300 times. All but that BOG one, of course!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #850
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

We've decided to upgrade to two one bedroom suites but I have another question. Has anyone ever slept on the pull out sofas in the suites? Trying to decide whether to cram 6 people in each suite or book another standard room. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #851
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
ME picks you up approximately 3 hours before flight time (exact time will be assigned in a letter of instructions and sent to your resort room). If you want to use the resort airline check-in desk, you have to do that at least three hours before flight time, or you will take your bags with you on ME and check them in at the airport. Call the number on the instruction letter prior to using the resort airline check-in desk to pre-pay any baggage fees.
I hadn't seen your post before I posted, "neighbor"

Quote:
thanks Kook! I am so excited and am sure I will have tons of questions over the next few months while I wait to book!

I take it from the comments on here you are the expert!!
looking forward to you helping me out
You're welcome, princess - there are many experts on the DIS, I'm more like a Bay Lake aficionado. We're all here anytime you have questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
I'm afraid to admit it but I'm cheating on the CR/BLT. I'm off to the AKV - Kidani on Thursday. I'm counting the SECONDS!!!! Soooo excited! But doing a studio with a family of four for a long weekend. Gonna be tight (amazing how quickly we acclimate to the space and kitchen - ha!). I'm so excited about this stay because I think it will be so unique. And since this isn't much of a park-visit trip, I'm sure that I will only miss the BLT when we do our morning visit to MK on Friday. My daughter will probably point and shout from the bus "look mommy, there's our hotel" like she always does as we go past it! Ha!

But can't wait for this unanticipated trip to the mouse. NEED a little R&R and that stupid annual pass that I bought because of marathon weekend and the family trip are starting to really add on to the contributions that I am making to the Walt Disney Co. this year!

But once back, I can officially start obsessing over my trip to the BLT with the family in September for the "real" trip. I'm sure I'll flip around all my ADRs about 300 times. All but that BOG one, of course!
You're not cheating, you're just increasing your breadth of resort experiences. We'll be here when you're ready to plan a trip back to BLT. Hope you have a great trip and enjoy those Zebra Domes!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #852
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks KOOK....I was contemplating just going back to the poly but when I saw that TPV was only 30 more a night than what we paid for poly garden view I thought why not??
Now my only concern is that we will have a parking lot view?! does that bother people with theme park view??

I am waiting for packages to come out but maybe I should be booking room only right now?! My reasoning for not doing that is someone said that they won't release discounts for CR if the rooms are booked up and the only way we would stay there is with a discount so does it make sense to wait? because if I need to rebook with discount doesn't there have to be rooms available under the discount??

I am also wondering if CR TPV ever books out with the disney visa offer that is usually offered first before general public? I would TOTALLY get one but for some reason they don't allow us Canadians to get one
Old 04-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #853
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

So, we ended up upgrading to a one bedroom suite, but just one with two standard rooms on the 14th floor. There were three MK view one bedroom suites available last Friday. Today there was only one!! Our trip is 15 months away and people accuse me of planning too far ahead!!!!! I am evidently not the only one that does.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #854
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
So, we ended up upgrading to a one bedroom suite, but just one with two standard rooms on the 14th floor. There were three MK view one bedroom suites available last Friday. Today there was only one!! Our trip is 15 months away and people accuse me of planning too far ahead!!!!! I am evidently not the only one that does.
WOW...that seems so far in advance! How did you book so far ahead?? making me worry that I wont get a theme park view next february!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #855
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap

WOW...that seems so far in advance! How did you book so far ahead?? making me worry that I wont get a theme park view next february!
You can book room only via phone 499 days out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: