Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #106
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

I'm in favor of trying new places! On my upcoming trip I switched out La Hacienda for Nine Dragons. I've been to La Hacienda twice and know that I would love it again but I feel it's time to give Nine Dragons a try.

It's just hard to give up a favorite to try something that might not live up to something you know you would love. You're going to have a great trip!
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #107
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaNJ View Post
Aww, sad that your report is over! I really enjoyed it. I guess I will just have to read your other reports until your next trip! I love all the restaurants you have chosen for your August trip. Trust me, your son will love the belly dancer, LOL!

I know how you feel about your next trip possibly being you & your son's last trip alone together. My younger son (he is 17 months younger than my oldest son, LOL) absolutely adores WDW, and he and one of his good friends went on many trips with DH & I, apart from his younger sister and older brother. While the other two like WDW a lot, middle son loves it! I was leery as to whether things would change when he got married. As it turns out, his wife is now more of a Disney nut than all of us!

We've had some awesome trips together. The bonus is that now we get to bring the grandbabies with us in October, a first trip for all four of them! So while you might be sad now, look to the future! Besides, he'll still probably be able to squeeze in a trip or two during his college years. Heck, my nephew managed to come visit me with two of his roommates, squeezing into my Boardwalk Villa room, when I was doing a solo trip back in April of 2011!
Thank you for your encouragement. I asked Andrew one time what he would do if his future wife didn't like Disney. His response? She wouldn't be my future wife! I hope that is true. And since I only have him, I am really hoping for a granddaughter to spoil down the road!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #108
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
I'm in favor of trying new places! On my upcoming trip I switched out La Hacienda for Nine Dragons. I've been to La Hacienda twice and know that I would love it again but I feel it's time to give Nine Dragons a try.

It's just hard to give up a favorite to try something that might not live up to something you know you would love. You're going to have a great trip!
Exactly! That is why I am planning The Plaza for the last night. We know it will be a good solid meal. But I am not 100% thrilled with that decision.

I can't give up La Hacienda, especially after our most recent meal. The best I can hope is that we may try a new dish!
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 04-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #109
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Geez a lot of new restaurants!! They all sound great, I am jealous.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #110
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

The plans look awesome!!! CBR is beautiful, one of my favorite resorts! The food court rocks! It's my fav. The resort is just so colorful & the palm trees are everywhere. I feel it's one of the most lush properties next to the Poly, of course. We loved FW's C'n D fire. It was really,really nice & a relaxing thing to do while in Disney. And the fried chicken @ trails end is the bomb!! [we just got the TE to go & sat on the porch, outside, it was wonderful!!!] Woo I'm excited for you guys!!! + the restaurants look great, you actually have so many I wanna try. I have wanted to try Tony's for a long time but people keep scarring me away. I'm excited to see how it goes. They def. have some yummy looking apps!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #111
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

I loved your reviews and so sad they are over but I look forward to your next ones!

I really want to try Marrakesh too but every time I have it on my list I wind up cancelling it...same thing with Sanaa and I really want to try both of them!

You will enjoy Nine Dragons...our first meal there was not good at all but we gave it a second and third try and now we just love it!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us..I have been following you guys for a long time and its so fun to see your son grow up
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #112
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Vicki your choices for some new places look great. I know what you mean about the nostalgic choices - even if it is just for you to remember!

I think about the same thing as you since Em will be gone within the next few years. I don't want those moments and of course the trips to end. I know I can spoil grandkids and plan future trips but she's my baby and I don't want time to steal those moments that I treasure so much. I can see that your mother's heart is in the same place.

We are light on dining reservations the first few days of our trip in August when our dates overlap. We arrive on the 17th. We'll have to chat about meeting up!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #113
everythingALICE
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

Loved reading the reviews and can't wait to see some more from your August trip!!

You and your son should continue the tradition of your trips! I'm 25, and my mom and I just took our 3rd trip just the two of us this past January. I take other trips with friends, but I've not outgrown sharing Disney with my mom.

everythingALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #114
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Geez a lot of new restaurants!! They all sound great, I am jealous.
Thanks! I am jealous that your trip is so soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
The plans look awesome!!! CBR is beautiful, one of my favorite resorts! The food court rocks! It's my fav. The resort is just so colorful & the palm trees are everywhere. I feel it's one of the most lush properties next to the Poly, of course. We loved FW's C'n D fire. It was really,really nice & a relaxing thing to do while in Disney. And the fried chicken @ trails end is the bomb!! [we just got the TE to go & sat on the porch, outside, it was wonderful!!!] Woo I'm excited for you guys!!! + the restaurants look great, you actually have so many I wanna try. I have wanted to try Tony's for a long time but people keep scarring me away. I'm excited to see how it goes. They def. have some yummy looking apps!
Good to know about CBR. Thanks for the info! Yeah, Tony's really needs to step up their game. We have eaten there several times with very mixed results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I loved your reviews and so sad they are over but I look forward to your next ones!

I really want to try Marrakesh too but every time I have it on my list I wind up cancelling it...same thing with Sanaa and I really want to try both of them!

You will enjoy Nine Dragons...our first meal there was not good at all but we gave it a second and third try and now we just love it!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us..I have been following you guys for a long time and its so fun to see your son grow up
I have been the same way with Marrakesh. I am determined not to cancel it this trip. Yes, you & I "met" here on the Boards during my first Mom & Son review! Where the heck has the time gone?

I remember both of your Nine Dragons review. It seems to be a hit or miss place here on the Dis. Hoping it is a hit for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Vicki your choices for some new places look great. I know what you mean about the nostalgic choices - even if it is just for you to remember!

I think about the same thing as you since Em will be gone within the next few years. I don't want those moments and of course the trips to end. I know I can spoil grandkids and plan future trips but she's my baby and I don't want time to steal those moments that I treasure so much. I can see that your mother's heart is in the same place.

We are light on dining reservations the first few days of our trip in August when our dates overlap. We arrive on the 17th. We'll have to chat about meeting up!
Yes, I really want to meet up! Maybe we can coordinate a meal ... or certainly a snack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingALICE View Post
Loved reading the reviews and can't wait to see some more from your August trip!!

You and your son should continue the tradition of your trips! I'm 25, and my mom and I just took our 3rd trip just the two of us this past January. I take other trips with friends, but I've not outgrown sharing Disney with my mom.
Thanks! I am thinking/wondering if it may be different with a boy, ya know? I do a lot more with my Mom than DH does with his. As I said, I know we will still get to WDW together, I just feel that this is the last time we will be alone whether it is DH or his future girlfirend/wife. Puts a whole new spin on this trip.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #115
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Definitely! I made a note in my "master plan" the dates we overlap so we can make a plan.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #116
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I am playing catch up but your plans look really great
I for one can't wait to hear what you think about Kimonos as I don't think I have ever seen a review and myself and DH love sushi
We are going to try Trails End for the first time on our next trip, we are staying at WL and just adore the FW area - be sure to leave room for s'mores with Chip & Dale
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #117
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I am playing catch up but your plans look really great
I for one can't wait to hear what you think about Kimonos as I don't think I have ever seen a review and myself and DH love sushi
We are going to try Trails End for the first time on our next trip, we are staying at WL and just adore the FW area - be sure to leave room for s'mores with Chip & Dale
Your review of the s'mores singalong is what made me think we should go. I am looking forward to Trails End.

I really want to be sure we get to Kimonos. We have just realized that we like sushi and are bummed that we can't go back to Cali.

Course I have made a couple of changes ... Sci Fi instead of 50's and Le Cellier instead of Hacienda. Hoping to get to Blue Zoo as well. I really want to hit as many new spots as possible.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #118
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the reviews! La Hacienda looks delicious. I love Mexican, but I eat it a lot at home, so I haven't been able to persuade myself to check it out yet.

I think your August dining plan sounds good. I went to Trail's End back in December, and it was good! There's a horse drawn wagon ride that we did first, specifically to look at all the Christmas decorations people brought along with them for their campsites, and that was a lot of fun. B&C is always good, of course, and the restaurant decor is really cute. I love breakfast at WPE, especially the breakfast pizza.
nfggirl5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #119
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post

Your review of the s'mores singalong is what made me think we should go. I am looking forward to Trails End.

I really want to be sure we get to Kimonos. We have just realized that we like sushi and are bummed that we can't go back to Cali.

Course I have made a couple of changes ... Sci Fi instead of 50's and Le Cellier instead of Hacienda. Hoping to get to Blue Zoo as well. I really want to hit as many new spots as possible.
Don't forget the Kona Island Sushi Bar if you need an emergency fix without a reservation
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #120
Tornado4571
Earning My Ears

I love reading your trip reports!
Tornado4571 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: