Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #16
adisneytattoo91
Practically Perfect in Every Way

Is AirTran a part of the service does anybody know? And if so, where do I pay my checked baggage fees? AirTran is $25 a bag

WDW 2007 BoardWalk
WDW 2011 Beach Club Villas
WDW 2012 All Star Music
DCL 2012 Disney Dream - Bahamas
Disney Fairytale Wedding 2012
WDW 2012 Coronado Springs
WDW 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
DCL 2013 Disney Dream
WDW 2013 Caribbean Beach
adisneytattoo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisneytattoo91 View Post
Is AirTran a part of the service does anybody know? And if so, where do I pay my checked baggage fees? AirTran is $25 a bag
This is from the FAQ sticky on the first page:

Available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Northwest Airlines, United/Ted Airlines and US Airways it's the perfect ending to a magical cruise vacation! Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 11:25 a.m. on the day your cruise ends. Guests are limited to two bags per person and each piece must not exceed 50 lbs. Additionally, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and unable to use this service.

AFAIK, baggage fees will be charged to your onboard account.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #18
TiggerBouncy
Mouseketeer

Depends partly on the airline you are using if you have to pick it up or if they take it.
TiggerBouncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #19
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeppers View Post
Can we just carry our own bags off and skip breakfast and maybe catch an extra hour of sleep? I'm sure after 4 days of eating we will be fine with the extra sleep and grabbing a doughnut somewhere. If so, what time do we have to be out of our room......no pressing plans that day! Thanks
All passengers except concierge must be out of your staterooms by 8am, and by 9am they are firmly directing everyone to the ship's exit if you haven't left yet.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #20
klass3
Mouseketeer

What time do Concierge guests have to be out of their room? Do they get to stay longer?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #21
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klass3 View Post
What time do Concierge guests have to be out of their room? Do they get to stay longer?
I believe concierge is allowed to remain in their staterooms until they leave the ship. However, DCL wants all passengers off by 9:00am and by 9:30 it's clear they don't want you to remain. Think of it this way...we're all anxious to get ON the ship to start our cruise, that is dependent upon departing guests getting off the ship so it can be completely turned around. The longer you delay getting off, the next cruisers may be delayed getting on.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #22
adisneytattoo91
Practically Perfect in Every Way

So the sign up is on the ship then? I'm just super nervous and not trying to carry my luggage with me everywhere hahaha.

WDW 2007 BoardWalk
WDW 2011 Beach Club Villas
WDW 2012 All Star Music
DCL 2012 Disney Dream - Bahamas
Disney Fairytale Wedding 2012
WDW 2012 Coronado Springs
WDW 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
DCL 2013 Disney Dream
WDW 2013 Caribbean Beach
adisneytattoo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #23
PWammy
Mouseketeer

If you leave it outside, the time frame was 8:30 - 10:30 p.m. You can keep it with you if you choose; I've never used their airport check-in, prefer to get my own bags after a cruise. I pack most of my toiletries and only bring a toothbrush and meds with me b/c unless I'm staying in the area after the cruise; the TSA carryon rules would apply and I'm not reorganizing my stuff prior to going to the airport.
PWammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #24
clten
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisneytattoo91 View Post
So the sign up is on the ship then? I'm just super nervous and not trying to carry my luggage with me everywhere hahaha.
Are you talking about the Onboard Airline Checkin Sign up? If so, there will be a form in your cruise documents. You fill that out and give it to DCL when you are checking in at the port. If you forget to do that (or never get your documents), they do have forms you can fill out there. If you don't do it when you check-in, you can do it onboard at Guest Services. There is usually something in the Navigator telling you when you have to sign up by.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #25
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Just a little refresher here:

When you register for Onboard Airline Check-In, you are entitled to:
Receive your boarding passes and check your luggage for your return flight before you disembark the ship
Skip luggage claim at the port terminal
Bypass the airline check-in counter at the airport
Here's how it works: Reserve air or ground transportation through Disney Cruise Line® and sign up for Onboard Airline Check-In when you check in for your cruise at the port. On the day prior to disembarkation, your airline boarding passes and valet luggage tags will magically be delivered to your stateroom, along with a letter answering common questions you may have. Attach the tags to your luggage and leave your bags outside your stateroom the evening prior to disembarkation. Disney Cruise Line® will collect and deliver your luggage to your airline. When you arrive at Orlando International Airport, proceed to security with your boarding passes already in hand and continue on to your scheduled departure gate. It's that simple!

Available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Northwest Airlines, United/Ted Airlines and US Airways it's the perfect ending to a magical cruise vacation! Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 11:25 a.m. on the day your cruise ends. Guests are limited to two bags per person and each piece must not exceed 50 lbs. Additionally, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and unable to use this service.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: