Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #1171
DisneyHelen
Mouseketeer

I bought my IKEA FE on ebay. I put mickey heads and our names on it and it looks great .
Old 04-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #1172
Gryffinclaw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jack 2002 View Post
Your pillows sound wonderful. Are you just bringing pillowcases for each child or are you bringing an actual pillow? This sounds like something I could do for the kids on our cruise.....I would have to just bring the pillowcase, though.
Barbara
My plan was to make small pillows stuffed with fluff but now I am worried about packing them all! I may have to rethink this.....

Gennie

Gryffinclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #1173
Gryffinclaw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCGUIRE View Post
I think we are on your cruise (may 10 out of Galveston?) ... and that sounds awesome! Such a great idea
Wish i was a (younger) kid!

Don't worry I have something really good planned for the "big" kids aka adults . But I don't have much time to get everything done, time to get busy!

Gryffinclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #1174
BMCGUIRE
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffinclaw

Don't worry I have something really good planned for the "big" kids aka adults . But I don't have much time to get everything done, time to get busy!
I know! It's hard to believe there's only a month left!! So excited to see everyone's FEs!
BMCGUIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #1175
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

can anyone walk me through how to insert an image? I tried the search function, but it keeps failing. I want to post pics of the FE gift we gave out. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #1176
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I upload my photos on Photobucket, click on the image link that is created, which copies it and then paste it to here.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #1177
maggie_sam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post
can anyone walk me through how to insert an image? I tried the search function, but it keeps failing. I want to post pics of the FE gift we gave out. Thanks!
Another way is to click on "Post Reply." On the toolbar, second row, "B, I, U, etc. you will see a yellow square icon, and if you mouse over, the pop up will say, "Insert Image." You need the image URL from your Photobucket, 4Share or other similar online photo account. When you have copied the URL, click the yellow icon, and enter the URL in the box, I forget if you need to click insert or finish. Easier than it sounds.

If you are still having problems, it could be that your image exceeds the size allowed by Dis, and you need to reduce the file size-if you have Photoshop Elements, first check the image size, and make smaller if it is larger than 4"x6'. Then "save for the web" will allow you to compress the image.

DisneyWorld 1972, Disneyland 1973, Disneyland 1980, Fort Wilderness 1986, DisneyWorld 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2004, Disney Wonder October 2010, Contemporary & Saratoga Springs 2010, Disney Magic September 2012, Bay Lake Tower September 2013, Disney Dream September 2013
maggie_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #1178
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

FE and gifts we made for recent Fantasy sailing

[IMG][/IMG][IMG]http://[/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG]I'm cross posting my post f[/IMG]rom one of the FE Facebook pages.

We got off the Fantasy Saturday, it was awesome. I had promised to come back and post what our FE gifts were that we gave out, and once I get more settled I will post what we rec'd, but they were all wonderful. This was our 3rd Disney cruise, but the first time we did a cruise meet and participated in the FE, we will continue to do both in the future.

Here's what we gave: Main cabin gift was a hand made fabric holder for the 6 mod podge coasters we made. The coasters were individualized by cabin, each person got their own initial and then one of the mickey shapes, up to 6 per cabin. I used a combination of the Cricut Mickey Font and Mickey and Friends. This gift usually went into the Mom's pouch.

Dad's pouch received items from our town of Mooresville, NC, otherwise known as "Race City USA" due to it's heavy involvement in Nascar. I went to our local visitor center and rec'd for FREE: Pens, Race shop tour maps, info on our town, a pack of Nascar postcards, sticky notes, and a large plastic bag for whatever they wanted to use it for.

Kiddo's rec'd Disney activity books, older boys rec'd theatre candy, and older girls were given Mickey theme decorated journals.

Also including a picture of the FE I made. Rhinestone Sailor Mickey and names were purchased from Etsy and then I put it all together.

ok, so sorry the pictures are so large, I've never posted pics and don't really know how to resize them.

Last edited by love280mickey; 04-09-2013 at 12:26 AM.
love280mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #1179
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Photo mat and pillowcase we had signed by guest services on the Fantasy

[IMG][/IMG]My dd is going to put in a pic of all her shipboard friends for the photo mat.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-09-2013, 01:59 AM   #1180
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvCruzin View Post
This is going to be my first time on a Disney Cruise to Alaska. I surely hope we are going to have a FE on our cruise. It sounds like so much fun. I am thinking about making reusable snack bags for the kiddos. Up to what age do you think these would be good for?
Much Aloha, Tracey
Hi! I been browsing this site all evening and here you are too! You and I seem to be the only ones begging for a FE group on our cruise. Hopefully a group will be put together soon. I want to start working on gifts but not sure how many to make
808MauiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #1181
disneytheway
Earning My Ears

beautiful FE gift!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
Sure ^_^ Yeah, I think I showed a photo of this a while ago on the board.

I went to Joanns (or any craft store), bought a plain white round tin. The Disney Memories + Swirlies on the lid are scrapbooking stickers. I had to cut the two words to make it fit on the lid. The blue border around the sides (on the tin body & the lid) are sticker borders from the scrapbooking area.

I am looking around for ideas for FE gifts when i came across yours, it looks beautiful and doesn't look expensive either.

(me) :DH DS (9) DS (7)
disneytheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #1182
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post

Love your FE and your gifts. Would love instructions for the coasters! :-)
Upcoming: October 2014 - POR; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #1183
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Here is our pillowcases. One of our Feb Galveston cruisers gave us the pillow cases and luckily I always carry Crayola Fabric markers on our cruises. I think color makes such a wonderful look and they did a Fab job with using the colors equally.

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #1184
maggie_sam
Mouseketeer

Smile

Would also love instructions for the coasters!

DisneyWorld 1972, Disneyland 1973, Disneyland 1980, Fort Wilderness 1986, DisneyWorld 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2004, Disney Wonder October 2010, Contemporary & Saratoga Springs 2010, Disney Magic September 2012, Bay Lake Tower September 2013, Disney Dream September 2013
maggie_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #1185
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloane View Post
Love your FE and your gifts. Would love instructions for the coasters! :-)
Ok, the coasters were chipboard 4" coasters puchased online, I think they were $15 for 100 and I think that included shipping. Chipboard is like a hard cardboard. They were white on both sides.

I used the blue "water paper" on each side, applying with Mod Podge. I used my Cricut and shapes from both Mickey And Friends and Mickey Font to cut out the shapes. I know the Mickey letter heads were cut at 3" and the others you just have to experiment with. Once everything was glued down with the Mod Podge, then it was a matter of two more coats of Mod Podge to each side.

Then they seemed sticky, so I read up on them at it said you should spray with a clear coat. So, I sprayed both sides. Waited a few days and put them into plastic gift bags. Guess what? A week later they were still sticking, so I took them all out and layed them around my dining room floor for almost a month. Sadly, they were still sticking on the cruise, so I took them out of the bags and pulled them all apart. At least they could be pulled apart and no damage done, I guess it's from humidity and heat?

They really were simple to make although time consuming with all the steps and drying time. If anyone knows of tricks to keep them from sticking, please post!

I was thrilled on the bus back to the car when one person said her favorite FE gifts were my coasters and the fabric holder I made for them as well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: