Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
Tink-erbell78
Earning My Ears

Help please-reception photos/buffet Ariels, The Attic, Napa Room.

Hi everyone

After much deliberation we decided yesterday to book wishes and not escape! We are getting married August 2013 so need to move quickly on this. Slightly in a panic!! Lol

Issue is that we cannot decide on a reception venue. To the point we were still awake at 4am talking about it!! We are a group of 18 maybe 21. Love food but over Xmas I have developed a seafood allergy and now need an epi pen- hence Blue Zoo and Escape is now out!

We want WP at 12 noon, then either Ariels (like decor, dance area, that we can dress it up, iPod option with amp, buffet concerns-wanted a sit down). Attic (love indoor outdoor space and view, still buffet issue, worried that it may look too relaxed and we won't be able to dress it up enough- think it would work perfectly for brunch but not sure about dinner which is what we want) and Napa room (concern about will it be open due to refurb, food looks awesome, view of MK fireworks, crazy min spend if we need room from 4pm and not seen many photos).

Any help much needed please? Photos would be awesome of any if the above or even prices ideas on the buffet situation. I'm now getting the wedding meltdown thing!

x

05/90-WDW Off Property, 05/93-WDW Off Property, 05/96-WDW Off Property, 09/01-WDW Off Property, 09/08-CBR, 09/09-AKL, 08/10-DL Anaheim, 09/11-DL Paris Newport Beach.
Tink-erbell78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Congratulations!

I have photos of all the reception venues at WDW here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney...-venue-photos/

As for price ideas, you can see the 2013 dinner buffet menu here:

http://www.disneycateredmenus.com/me...nu_v111512.pdf

and the 2013 brunch menu here:

http://www.disneycateredmenus.com/me...nu_v111512.pdf

Just know that everything is customizable—you aren't limited to what's on these menus, pricewise or in terms of selection. If you want to add Le Cellier's cheddar cheese soup or have them re-create your grandma's chicken parmigiana, they will get you a custom price. If the cheapest meal is still too expensive, you can make cuts and substitutions to get your price down. It's all very flexible.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
Tink-erbell78
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much Carrie! We are still deciding on the final details but your photos helped lots! Good to know about the menu also as I hadn't realised it was so flexible!

05/90-WDW Off Property, 05/93-WDW Off Property, 05/96-WDW Off Property, 09/01-WDW Off Property, 09/08-CBR, 09/09-AKL, 08/10-DL Anaheim, 09/11-DL Paris Newport Beach.
Tink-erbell78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
tracey1302
Planning Florida 2014!

Hi Carrie-

Just a quick question! The Disney buffet items on that pdf, can you get those at the California Grill (ie. Napa Room?) I always got the impression that California Grill were quite funny about the food you were allowed, as in, specific Contemporary menus etc?

The Bagley/Mollet family trip - 19 May-2 June 2011 - Complete Trip Report

Furiously budgeting for my DFTW!

I hope we never lose sight of one thing. That it was all started by a mouse. - Walt Disney
tracey1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
lurkyloo

You are correct—California Grill is the one place that does its own catering, and they *are* funny about their menus. They don't allow much, if any, customization. However, since it's California Grill making the food, you can be sure it will all be good.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
mariapicardikenyon
Mouseketeer

LurkyLoo do you have any info on the quality of food at the Atlantic Dance Hall? Thanks!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
lurkyloo

BoardWalk Inn does the catering for Atlantic Dance Hall, and we thought the food at our tasting there was decent. Disney's catered food is pretty much the same at every resort, and most people rave about the food at their Disney weddings, so I think you'll be OK.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
mariapicardikenyon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
BoardWalk Inn does the catering for Atlantic Dance Hall, and we thought the food at our tasting there was decent. Disney's catered food is pretty much the same at every resort, and most people rave about the food at their Disney weddings, so I think you'll be OK.
Thanks as always, Lurkyloo!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
jon814
Earning My Ears

menus

does anyone have a copy of the California grill catering menu?
also is there a disney catering lunch menu?
jon814 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: