Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #16
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Now....now I have to stay at Poly CL....never have but those rooms are lovely...I miss WDW. If you get a chance when you get to the cruise section there are a ton of us that would like to see your Navigators...ok not a ton but at least 20 of us getting ready to head out on the Dream in 10 days.

I've heard that some DISers take their own mini-bottle of something or other to make those adult Dole Whips a little more adulty.
Yes, you need to try Poly CL..everyone should!!

I didn't scan my navigators but I do still have them. I'm not sure if taking pics of them would help?? Let me know and I can try or is there something specific that you wanted to know and I can look it up for you. Let me know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
The Easter Egg hunt looks like a lot of fun

That is cool you got keychains at the end.

Your room looked very nice
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
Great start to your TR! Looking forward to the cruise portion!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28 View Post
Please hurry up and post more of your trip report! I need to know what the surprise is!!
I'll be updating after I eat dinner. I have to work at WDW tomorrow and since I'm in food and bev, I can't have nail polish/acrylic nails so I had to give up those tonight and take the beads out of my hair to be in Disney Look for 10am tomorrow but I'll be back in a bit to post!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #17
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

CL Surprise and Kona Dinner!

CLUB LEVEL SURPRISE AND KONA DINNER!!

MAR 23, 2013

When I left off, DBF and I were heading from the Volcano pool to our room to prepare for the evening CL snacks and dinner at Kona. I had planned the dinner for 7:10 so that we could enjoy the snacks around 5 and still be back for dessert between 8-10. You have to experience it all and to think the CM on the phone with me when I upgraded the room to CL had the nerve to say that we didn't need the extra food before a cruise...I honestly couldn't believe it and yes it was a lot of food before a cruise plus the DDP but we needed to eat lunch that wasn't CL and dinner too (although the Poly CL food could be made into dinner assuming you like the food.)

When we got back to the room we had a surprise!

It was a shame we couldn't finish the chocolate or even keep it. What we ate was delicious!

My brother and his gf stopped by before we went for dinner and he took pics of the room/lounge for the site. We enjoyed snacks in the lounge before dinner.

We also drank several adult beverages. The mixed drink adult beverage was my fav...it even had the guava juice that they serve at Kona and Ohana for the dinner snacks and in the adult beverage!

We said our goodbyes to bro and his gf as he finished pics and we headed to dinner at Kona.

Both DBF and I got the same thing..pot stickers, steak, and kona cone.

I didn't care for the sauce on the sticky rice but the rest was great!

We paid and got ready for fireworks! Caught the end of the light parade.

We got window seats in the lounge and got ready for the show. I loaded pics for the day on my ipad and we got what was left of the desserts and drinks.

I truly love wishes from the CL lounge! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be there for the 3rd, 4th of July or New Years Eve! That's now on my bucket list.

After Wishes, we went back to the room to find we got turn-down service!

I took bites of my dessert and a few sips of my adult juice and began the task of repacking for the cruise!

I must have repacked 3 or 4 times before all was said and done. I really wanted to have just what I needed so I didn't over pack but of course I did...now I know haha. 3 outfits a day on a cruise is not needed!!!

After debating to not going to Capt Cooks to fill our mugs (although DBF really wanted to just bc it's open 24/7) we decided against it...or at least I had and he didn't go either lol.

We finally went to bed around midnight and I'm so glad I actually slept for about 5hours!!!! I had a tough time getting to sleep but after 2 rounds of my musical Disney album on my iPod, I finally fell asleep.

MAR 24, 2013

CRUISE DAY!!!!!!!!

The alarm went off bright and early at 6:45am which is not a huge deal since I get up at 6:30 m-f anyways! I jumped out of bed and got showered..and tried to repack AGAIN!

Our plan was to leave at 9am to head for the port..would we?!!!

After we got ready we headed to the lounge for breakfast.

It was not a very magical weather day!!

I can't believe how much they have done on the GF tower from when we stayed there in Jan!

After breakfast we packed up our last min items and debated on whether to call to get our bags taken to the car but we decided to just to carry our own.

We stopped in the lobby gift shop so DBF could buy a snack mix with his snack credit and we took a pic.

We loaded the car and headed for the port at 9:15am..only 15 mins past our planned departure time! Not too bad!!!!!!!

FINALLY VACATION FOR REAL WAS BEGINNING!!!!

UP NEXT: PARKING GARAGE NIGHTMARES, PEOPLE EVERYWHERE, AND WHAT BOARDING NUMBER DID WE GET??!!!

Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #18
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

I didn't scan my navigators but I do still have them. I'm not sure if taking pics of them would help?? Let me know and I can try or is there something specific that you wanted to know and I can look it up for you. Let me know!!

>>>>>>

I think a lot of us just want to see what some of the current activities schedules are. I love information so anything recent I'm a glutton for. . Whatever you can share, pics/scans, I would love.

You're so lucky to have someone who loves Disney like you do...my husband doesn't like crowds or gift shops and was a total party pooper when we went to WDW in 2011. I'm hoping now that we have a little one he will see the magic. Looking forward to more.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #19
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Dinner at Kona's looked great as did dessert

Watching fireworks from CL Lounge looks and sounds like a lot of fun.

Can't wait to hear about the cruise
Old 04-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #20
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Sorry I'm late but enjoying your start!

pooksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #21
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:

>>>>>>

I think a lot of us just want to see what some of the current activities schedules are. I love information so anything recent I'm a glutton for. . Whatever you can share, pics/scans, I would love.

You're so lucky to have someone who loves Disney like you do...my husband doesn't like crowds or gift shops and was a total party pooper when we went to WDW in 2011. I'm hoping now that we have a little one he will see the magic. Looking forward to more.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I tried to take pics of the overall Navigator and it's very hard to read since the print is so small. Is there anything specific that you want to know? I tried to look at some before I went and decided to just wait..it gave me/us something to read during waiting for the muster drill to start, sitting at the pool, etc.

Quote:
Dinner at Kona's looked great as did dessert

Watching fireworks from CL Lounge looks and sounds like a lot of fun.

Can't wait to hear about the cruise

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Sorry I'm late but enjoying your start!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #22
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Arrival at the port and first glimpse at the dream!

ARRIVAL AT THE PORT AND FIRST GLIMPSE AT THE DREAM!

*I hope everyone had a great weekend! I worked a 10+ hour day on Saturday and today I went to Blizzard Beach with some friends! I have decided to add "segments" of sorts of "first time cruiser lessons learned" from things I've noticed or picked up on while we were on our trip!

2 weeks ago, I was having fun on the Dream..sad day!! haha. In honor of that..here's our arrival at the port!

MAR 24, 2013

At 9:15am, we left the Poly and were on our way to the port!

But..it began to rain!!!

My excitement is out of this world haha

Sunshine on the water!

About half way through the drive, I of course had to go potty. It often happens with excitement haha. We decided to stop off before we got there since we didn't know what to expect or how long it would take...

FIRST TIME CRUISER LESSON #1

#1 There is a bathroom in the parking garage at the port (level 1)

We got off an exit or two before the port and used the dirtiest potty EVER. Now I know..there is a potty in the parking garage haha.

Back on the road and 3.5 miles away!

OUR FIRST GLIMPSE!

I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW CLOSE WE WERE!

We got off the exit, went through the first round of security where you're asked if you're here for Disney, and waved through to the parking garage.

We made it in One Hour and 15 mins.

We got into the garage and I did learn on Dis to park on level 3 since that's where security and the walk-way is but..where do we drop off our bags?!!!

FIRST TIME CRUISER LESSON #2

#2 learn where to drop off the bags before you park the car!

We got out of the car and asked a family where to drop the bags and they said to take them to the bottom level and a porter would be there to get them. We got back into the car and headed to level 1. Sure enough there was a porter there collecting bags.

Outside there were white tents set up before the parking garage. It looked like people were standing waiting for rides but I"m not sure if that's where you should have dropped the bags or not?

At this point, I thought DBF was gonna throw me overboard and we weren't even on yet haha. My excitement had taken over for sure!

After we dropped the bags and parked the car again, we got in line for security. We showed our passports and Travel Documents and were on our way!

After we crossed the bridge, we were inside the terminal! It was in there where you could go downstairs to drop your bags as well. I'm glad we didn't lug them that far! We went through security (like the airport) and were officially there!

We got in the regular check-in line since it was our first cruise but it moved pretty quickly. They said several times to have all your documents out and ready to go. In the meantime I called my parents to let them know we arrived and in no time it was our turn!

We got our room keys and pics taken and were on our way!

WITH..BOARDING GROUP 6!!!!

It was then we found our our Dining Rotation. I had wanted Animators Pal, Royal Palace, and Enchanted Garden..DBF wanted EG, RP, and AP...

DBF WON!

Our dining rotation was E, R, A, A.

We put our documents away and got in line for a pic of Mickey which ended up being minnie!

After our Minnie pic, we used the potty and walked around a bit longer. At this point, people already had navigators in their hands and I was in desperate need to get one!

We walked towards the concierge check-in and noticed they had an outdoor viewing area. In this pic you could actually see our room! We were 9516 (verandah!) Still not sure which floor exactly it was from the outside or how many rooms down but in this pic, you could see our room haha.

When we got back in, I found the CM handing out Navs and snatched one from her to start reading! Around 11:30-11:45am, they began to board!!!

FINALLY 6 WAS CALLED!!!

You enter through the Mickey and then they have stations set up where you scan your room key and that puts you officially on board the ship!

We waited in line for the on-board photo but many people were skipping the line/photo to get right on board. We waited for the pic but we weren't very fond of it!

FINALLY THEY ANNOUNCED OUR NAMES AND WE WERE STEPPING FOOT ON THE DREAM!!!!!!

UP NEXT: MORE FIRST TIME LESSONS LEARNED AND CABANAS LUNCH!!!

Old 04-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #23
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

so exciting!!

Can feel your excitement through the computer
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #24
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Love the update, and the first time cruiser tips, we are heading out on our 1st cruise so I'm making notes on your notes!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #25
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I tried to take pics of the overall Navigator and it's very hard to read since the print is so small.
No worries, then.

Can't wait to read more.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #26
chinhk
Mouseketeer

great report.... keep it up!

Previous trips
24-28 June 2004 Kyriad Hotel - Disneyland Paris
22-26 Dec 2004 Newport Bay Hotel - Disneyland Paris
3-6 April 2006 Santa Fe Hotel - Disneyland Paris
18-21 Dec 2006 Cheyenne Hotel - Disneyland Paris
11-16 July 2007 Disneyland Hotel (Castle Club) - Disneyland Paris
Feb 2010 Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge - Magic Kingdom
Dec 2011 Sequoia Lodge - Disneyland Paris
4 Feb 2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland
chinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #27
cforsythe
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear more!!
Cruising Western 08/28/04-09/04/04
cforsythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #28
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

There is nothing like the feeling of hearing your boarding number called and walking through those ears!

We had the same dining rotation! I'll look forward to hearing what you thought of it

pooksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #29
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
so exciting!!

Can feel your excitement through the computer
It's a toss-up between Disney Cruise Depression and I just wanna go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Love the update, and the first time cruiser tips, we are heading out on our 1st cruise so I'm making notes on your notes!
Fantasy..so lucky! I want to see that ship one day

Quote:
No worries, then.

Can't wait to read more.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinhk View Post
great report.... keep it up!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cforsythe View Post
Can't wait to hear more!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
There is nothing like the feeling of hearing your boarding number called and walking through those ears!

We had the same dining rotation! I'll look forward to hearing what you thought of it
It was so magical!! It was also like a stampede of people too!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #30
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Cabanas Lunch and Exploring the Dream!

CABANAS LUNCH AND EXPLORING THE DREAM!

*Hi Dis Friends!!! Thank you so much again for reading! I'm glad to have such a strong following and I hope that I'm helping future cruisers out there and helping others relive their trips! I'm heading to TN this weekend for DBF's birthday so after tonight, the week is getting a bit crazy in preparation and with school stuff that I probably won't be able to update until next week when I get back so here's a taste of what's to come in the weeks ahead!!

Oh..and my one BFF has diagnosed me with severe Disney Dream Cruise Depression..the only way to cure it..BOOK ANOTHER! But until then, I'll continue to use the H2O Spa products with Captain Mickey on them and dream!!

MAR 24, 2013

When I left off, our boarding number was called, we walked through the Mickey, got our pic taken (which DBF chose to buy..not me!) and finally we set foot aboard the Dream!!

Shiny things caught my eye!

The first thing we noticed was guest relations. When we checked in, the CM said DBF said to settle the account with the cash system which I had no idea what it meant so we went to guest relations who told us you couldn't use gift cards in the shops so in the end we decided to split the accounts so DBF was not paying for all my purchases after my gift cards...hehe. When we split the accounts we also put two credit cards on file so we could have express check out and not settle our account every time it hit $300.

*FIRST TIME CRUISE LESSON #3

#3 AT LEAST ON THE DREAM...YOU CAN USE GIFT CARDS IN THE SHOPS!!!!

..how guest relations did not know this when they are 10 steps away from the shops blows my mind...you'll find out more about this later on! So in the end we didn't need to really split the accounts but it's good we did bc I ended up $78 over my gift cards I had and then DBF wasn't stuck paying for it lol.

After a good 20 mins at guest relations..yes 20. We headed up the elevators to find Cabanas for lunch!

When we found it, we were given wipes to sanitize our hands and we hit the buffet!

*FIRST TIME CRUISE LESSON #4

#4 DBF had read that the buffet further away from the doors was less busy. I didn't listen and waited for the closer one and later when we left it was less busy..he was right!

After we got our food, we found a table next to the window and enjoyed the views!

So glad we weren't on that!

RC ship on the other side.

Even Mickey was on the cups!

Not 10 mins after we sat and they were already serving the drink of the day. I was buying it if for anything to have the glass which I thought was pink but was actually orange. All in all though we left 4 days later with 4 cups (pink, orange, green, and blue). The drink was very refreshing and I felt like I was officially on vacation!

I didn't wanna seem like creepy picture girl so I snapped one real quick of the palm tree views haha

After lunch (and we were there for a good 45mins-1hour just taking it all in) we decided to go exploring. A friend of mine suggest the 1pm ship tour but we decided to go on our own..how big could it be?!

Since the splash pad was right outside Cabanas we started there.

*FIRST TIME CRUISE LESSON #5

#5..Not sure if this would be a first time cruise lesson or not but the pool and aqua duck were not very busy at all around 12:45pm. I brought my suit (I listened to fellow Dis'ers) and DBF did not pack his in his carry-on but in the end I'm glad we did a tour of the ship instead of going right to the pool..next time and same ship..you better believe it, I'm riding that duck first thing!

Just some reminders incase you forgot what ship you were on..as if you could possibly forget!

ALL YOU CAN EAT ICE CREAM!

Finally we hit he adult area of the deck..as I called it..paradise behind those glass walls!!!

We walked up to the next two decks of the adult side. I wanted this pic on our last day and thought I didn't take it..I did..day one!

After our pool tour we decided to head inside to check out the kids clubs, where the shops were, and the restaurants!!

UP NEXT: CABIN WITH VERANDAH ..WAS IT WORTH IT?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: