Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
JGNAstrauss
Earning My Ears

Disney resorts

We're trying to decide between Pop Century, All Star Movies and All Star Sports. We have stayed in Pop Century twice and really like it, but we want to try a new value resort. We will get a preferred room. We like how in movie we would Be in the fantasia part of the hotel. But would like to know other things about movies.
JGNAstrauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGNAstrauss View Post
We're trying to decide between Pop Century, All Star Movies and All Star Sports. We have stayed in Pop Century twice and really like it, but we want to try a new value resort. We will get a preferred room. We like how in movie we would Be in the fantasia part of the hotel. But would like to know other things about movies.
Preferred rooms at movies can be Toy Story, Fantasia, or 101 Dalmations. No guarantee of Fantasia but you can request that area.

We've stayed there and enjoyed it. It's very 'in your face' Disney. The All Star resorts share a bus system I believe, but I can't give much insight on that since we drive. If you've stayed at Pop the rooms aren't much different. It's really just a theme change.
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
gillenkl
DIS Veteran

Have stayed at Movies twice. I love it's compact size - it really isn't a far walk to anything especially if you're staying preferred. It really doesn't matter which themed area you choose it's all very "larger than life". We did share busses in the AM with the other All Star Resorts on our trips in August and December but it wasn't much of a problem. When returning from parks we shared sometimes - we would sometimes hop a bus to Music and then just walk over to Movies.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Pop is awesome! We LOVE Pop!

It's clean everywhere, has a walking bridge to AoA, has sparkling clean pools, great food court, very polite front desk help, etc, etc.

Pop also has ONE bus - going through 3 All Stars (if you are the third one) is a bit much. Sometimes - when busy - the All Stars do have their own buses, but I am not sure how often.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
fstone
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post
Pop is awesome! We LOVE Pop!

It's clean everywhere, has a walking bridge to AoA, has sparkling clean pools, great food court, very polite front desk help, etc, etc.

Pop also has ONE bus - going through 3 All Stars (if you are the third one) is a bit much. Sometimes - when busy - the All Stars do have their own buses, but I am not sure how often.
Love Pop also. And the option of riding the AofA bus if it arrives first and then walking across the bridge to Pop really helps after a long day in the park!

Disneyland - DH had many visits while growing up in nearby La Palma CA.
WDW - June 1982 offsite (honeymoon side trip from Sanibel, Fl)
WDW - May 1983 offsite (Epcot was brand new!)
WDW - May 1998 Port Orleans (Animal Kingdom was brand new!)
Disnleyland/California Adventure - April 2001 offsite (California Adventure was brand new!)
WDW - March 2003 offsite
WDW - Feb 2013 Pop Century (first trip for hubby and I as empty nesters)
Hoping for another trip early 2014
fstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstone View Post
Love Pop also. And the option of riding the AofA bus if it arrives first and then walking across the bridge to Pop really helps after a long day in the park!
Yupp! Great minds think alike!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: