Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #16
DisneyMim
DIS Veteran

I have found that the service of club level CMS has really declined over the years. Years ago they seemed to be so much more helpful with making ressies and little gifts, etc. We find it easier to make our own restaurants ADRS. The last time we stayed CL I was really disappointed in the service. It seems like it's hit or miss as some people are saying that they are helpful, but from my own experience, sadly, as I said it isn't what it used to be. I would go ahead and do anything you can on your own to be sure it gets done. Have a wonderful time!!

Enjoy The Magic!!
DisneyMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #17
wyurm
Mouseketeer

The original post as well as many of the comments following are surprising to me. The visit I have planned for late in the year is my first time using a concierge anywhere. I tend to bite off more than I can chew and go overboard at first, then when the stress of how I'm going to fit all these activities into just 7 day hits I have to adjust.

I've already had quite a few interactions with the concierge office and they have been nothing but helpful. They even called me back when she realized I probably made a mistake on one of my reservations. She was right and I'm very glad she called me. In fact, my impression has been that I have nothing at all to worry about and they have everything under control for me. I even asked about the Christmas Disney florist celebrations and she told me approximately when they would be posted.

Everyone perceives things differently though. Perhaps I just had a nicer CM or perhaps my view of kindness and helpfulness differs from others on this thread.
wyurm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #18
ahappydisneymommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw50 View Post
You should have received an e-mail from IPO (assuming they had your e-mail address) similar to this one from the Poly IPO:

The form is an attachment to the e-mail.
Nope, no form. I emailed them since I used a travel agent and I wasn't sure if they would have my email. I did receive an email back very quickly but it never had any form attached. It may have been because I was only 75 days out??

Thank you for showing me!

ahappydisneymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #19
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahappydisneymommy View Post
Nope, no form. I emailed them since I used a travel agent and I wasn't sure if they would have my email. I did receive an email back very quickly but it never had any form attached. It may have been because I was only 75 days out??

You might want to book your own dining reservations because the IPO is not doing their job. It's pitiful with the money club level costs that you are not getting better service.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #20
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahappydisneymommy View Post

It does seem that if you book through a TA the IPO doesn't get your e-mail address. I booked as a TA and IPO didn't get my e-mail address, but the first time I contacted them I did it by e-mail and requested that they send me the form. I knew they were supposed to send the form and suspected they did not have my e-mail address which is why I asked them for it.

I believe that when you call IPO you are basically getting a call center, not one of the CMs that works at the Club Level desk at the resort.

When I used IPO back in 2007 all of my e-mails and phone calls were with one specific person. For my up coming trip I have already corresponded (through e-mail and phone calls) with four different CMs. This may be one of the reasons why the CM that you initially spoke to about the in room celebration just referred you to the Disney Florist. She may not be physically located at the resort, you might have no way to contact her directly, and even if you could you would probably still be working with the Disney Florist, just with her as a middle man. And since she probably only has limited knowledge of what the Disney Florist can do to personalize celebrations it would be more efficient and less stressful for both the have you work directly with the Florist.

There was a very nice lady here on the DIS who used to do welcome baskets and stuff like that but she ended up going to work for the Disney Florist. I am not aware of any other people that currently provide that type of service.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #21
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

I didn't get an IPO form and when I asked about it, the IPO office said that because I booked a room then upgraded to CL, it did not trigger the form (even though I upgraded around the 45 day mark). They said not to worry about the form since my ADRs are all set and just sent me a PDF of my itinerary to confirm.
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:06 AM   #22
nabby
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
I didn't get an IPO form and when I asked about it, the IPO office said that because I booked a room then upgraded to CL, it did not trigger the form (even though I upgraded around the 45 day mark). They said not to worry about the form since my ADRs are all set and just sent me a PDF of my itinerary to confirm.
This is exactly the same as what happened with our booking. We'd booked a standard Lagoon View room through Walt Disney Travel Co (as part of a package) then upgraded a few weeks later to club level. I ended up emailing the YC CL concierge to pass on my details.

From then on, they were super helpful and arranged all our ADRs without hassle. They even reminded me to call the day before my 180+10 date to leave a credit card number for those ADRs that would need one.
nabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #23
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

This was my experience with Poly IPO twice! I just made my own ADRs.. Now my husband went to them both times once we were there and they called Disney florist and helped him pick out flowers for me..

Ive noticed that they aren't too terribly friends lately which is sad we love the POLY but I just don't know if ID pay the extra here for CL anymore..

GF CL Sugarloaf was exceptional!! BC CL were very nice but the conditions of the rooms and hallway was ridiculous!

Id like to try WL and BWI Club levels.. Maybe even CR altho I feel like the resort reminds me of an airport..lol
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #24
Dimples1973ca
Mouseketeer

I found the Poly CL great!

Our family of five decided to bump our dates up from end of August to end of June. I had made all my own ADRs for August but once we changed the dates, I was left kinda scrambling for our ADRs. I was a bit frustrated that I could get times, tables etc that I wanted. So I emailed Poly IPO and within ten minutes, I had most items booked. They asked that I call with credit card, I did that and within 20 minutes, she secured everything I wanted. They evening got me a Fantasmic Package reservation at 510 pm and a Rose and Crown for 730 pm. Both of theses times were not available on line. I was more than pleased with the prompt service.

Dimples1973ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #25
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post

Id like to try WL and BWI Club levels.. Maybe even CR altho I feel like the resort reminds me of an airport..lol
Too funny to hear you say this! Our youngest once started crying when we were headed to California Grill for dinner and approached CR via cab from BC. We asked why he was crying and he said he didn't want to go back to the airport!

But we stayed CL at CR last October during MNSSHP and LOVED it. It was part of a split stay with BC - not sure I'd choose CR for an entire trip, but for a short stay it was really wonderful. I loved the view of Bay Lake from our room and the view of MK from the lounge. It was so easy to walk to MK and the CL CMs were among the friendliest we've met at WDW.

As for BWI CL, it's outstanding. I've gushed about BWI CL on other threads - it's among our very favorites for so many reasons. The view from the Boardwalk view rooms, the comfortable atmosphere in the lounge, the amazing CMs, the quick walk to Epcot and DHS, etc. And that's where IPO was incredibly helpful - posted about that earlier on this thread.

Hope you try both!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #26
Mrs K
Mouseketeer

I booked Poly CL online through the Disney website and had an email from the Poly IPO within 12 hours. We are going in late June and I booked our ADR's myself right after I booked the package. We always stay CL because of the access to the lounge, and the Poly is our favorite. I know that everyone has a different experience, but we stayed in Sugar Loaf in 2011 and found the CM's at the Poly more helpful. We loved the GF, but I don't know that I would pay for SL club level.

Dixilandings 1994
Poly 1997,'98,'99,'01,'02,'03,'04,'06,'07,'09
Grand Floridian July 2011, Back to the Poly June 2013, Trying the Beach Club March 2014
Mrs K is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: