Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #2266
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

HOLY COW! We leave on Friday!

I don't know what to do with myself! I usually have the week leading up to this trip off, but this time am working right up until 3.5 hours before our flight!

How will I EVER make it though this week?

Thanks for helping us with any questions we had. I've got one more for ya....

We like wine.

There, I said it.

We are thinking of going through Garden Grocer and having a few bottles delievered. We arrive after midnight on this upcoming Friday/Saturday and are thinking of having the wine delivered at some point late on Friday. Will this fly? As in, will POR accept a delivery for guests who haven't arrived yet and give it to us upon our arrival at, I'm guessing about 12:30-12:45 A.M.? And if so, would you tip Bell Services? How much?

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #2267
zabache
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisny View Post

you are certainly not alone on either count. Being excited and trying not to overload your DH. I am right there with you. I ordered the personalized maps just to give myself something new to do. I posted the big one that shows the entire WDW property on the inside of my pantry door. Hmmm... now what else can I do to keep myself busy waiting for my trip to arrive???
Personalized maps? Do share!
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 17-19 ASSp-December 19-24th AKL Kidani
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 11:50 PM   #2268
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabache View Post

Personalized maps? Do share!
You are able to go on the Disney site and make personalized maps for your stay at WDW for each if the parks. You can select the rides/attractions you want to see and do as well as the places you would like to eat!! A very neat memento for the kiddos!! I still need to do mine!!

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 04-08-2013, 05:26 AM   #2269
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurap614 View Post
We are staying at POR in 16 days!! We are going with my in laws who are getting an accessible room while my DD DS DH & I have our own room. We were thinking of getting adjoining rooms... What building do you think that would mean we would be in? Our reservations are linked already.
Have a look at the floorplan maps on my site (www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php), you'll see that there are Accessible rooms all around the resort. The wheelchair modified rooms are mostly in locations close to the main buildings or the parking areas. The modifications for wheelchair access mean that those rooms do not generally have connecting doors by the way, so your rooms could be Adjoining but not Connecting. Make sure your original bookings are linked in the reservations system, and maybe send them a fax about 5 days before you arrive to reiterate your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
I have a garden view booked and am planning on requesting Bldg. 85. Does it really make much difference which floor as far as noise level? This is our first stay at POR and I cannot wait!!!!
The main difference is whether there is a loud family above you - a herd of kids running and jumping up and down on your ceiling at 6am might get a bit annoying! Getting a top floor room avoids that possibility. Also upper floor rooms often get a bit less foot traffic past the door too, as only people going to the upper floor rooms will be passing by. On the other hand, you have further to walk to get to them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hineline07 View Post
Ok so I just wanted to chime in and say that I am in love with this place! We had booked standard RR and the sprinkled pixie dust and we got a corner (2 window) garden view RR! Just hot back from DTD from the boat and it was simply amazing! Everywhere you look it's just so beautiful! This is our first disney trip and I'm sure it won't be our last! Thanks for everyone's help along my planning way!
Glad you're having a good time and that we could help with your planning. Enjoy the rest of your stay, and start planning for your return...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
We are thinking of going through Garden Grocer and having a few bottles delievered. We arrive after midnight on this upcoming Friday/Saturday and are thinking of having the wine delivered at some point late on Friday. Will this fly? As in, will POR accept a delivery for guests who haven't arrived yet and give it to us upon our arrival at, I'm guessing about 12:30-12:45 A.M.? And if so, would you tip Bell Services? How much?
Yes, deliveries can be held for you. Make sure the address label includes your full name and your arrival date (as they appear on your reservation). There's no need to tip anyone if you collect your package from the front desk or from Bell Services - unless you ask them to bring it to your room, in which case a $1 or so per package/bag tip would be normal.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #2270
zabache
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post

You are able to go on the Disney site and make personalized maps for your stay at WDW for each if the parks. You can select the rides/attractions you want to see and do as well as the places you would like to eat!! A very neat memento for the kiddos!! I still need to do mine!!
Where can i find them? Do I just google personalized Disney maps?

Old 04-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #2271
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Where can i find them? Do I just google personalized Disney maps?
On the Disney website. I think it is towards the bottom.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 04-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #2272
brian95
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm so excited for our trip and I'm glad there are people that are just as excited as me. Sometimes I fell I will make my DH puke with all the stuff I tell him, lol.
Happy travels to all that will be visiting soon.
thats funny. my wife was the one who wanted this trip yet she has done none of the planning. she hasn't even looked at this site. she doesn't believe me when I tell her all thats invovled with a sucesful trip.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #2273
zabache
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post

On the Disney website. I think it is towards the bottom.
I ordered them

Old 04-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #2274
zabache
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian95 View Post

thats funny. my wife was the one who wanted this trip yet she has done none of the planning. she hasn't even looked at this site. she doesn't believe me when I tell her all thats invovled with a sucesful trip.
I'm so glad I found this site. I've learned so much and the fact that I know what our plans will be is awesome.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #2275
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
To be honest, my own feeling is that it shouldn't be as necessary to plan the life out of a visit to WDW as it has now become.

It should be possible to just book a vacation and simply turn up and enjoy it.

But what with the pre-booking race that ADRs have turned into (and I suspect FastPass+ will go the same way) they really are locking out the casual spontaneous traveller, along with the unwary souls who think that this should in some way be a relaxing family occasion...

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #2276
n3rf
My Ears are growing, can you see them

Quote:

I know how you feel, two trips to WDW so far that the DW wanted to do and I am the one here seating, planning, reading, more planning, banging head against wall and more planning

still can't complain it's actually quiet fun
Old 04-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #2277
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

Quote:
I ordered them
Saw that someone answered you on the maps! have fun with those. I did.
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 04-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #2278
~Tinkerella
Mouseketeer

Hi ~ where is the ride shown on your ticker "going down the rabbit hole" ~ is that Disneyland?

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....it's about learning to dance in the rain!"
Old 04-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #2279
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tinkerella View Post
Hi ~ where is the ride shown on your ticker "going down the rabbit hole" ~ is that Disneyland?
Erm, whose ticker? Which post? There is an Alice in Wonderland dark ride at Disneyland though.

Andre

Old 04-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #2280
Okh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
To be honest, my own feeling is that it shouldn't be as necessary to plan the life out of a visit to WDW as it has now become.

It should be possible to just book a vacation and simply turn up and enjoy it.

But what with the pre-booking race that ADRs have turned into (and I suspect FastPass+ will go the same way) they really are locking out the casual spontaneous traveller, along with the unwary souls who think that this should in some way be a relaxing family occasion...

Andre
I can't agree with you more and I refuse to get sucked into planning everything down to the minute. I hate the idea of making ADRs - I can't imagine having to make reservations months in advance for which ride I want to go on.

Relax - it's Disney. You're GOING to have a good time.
“When you acknowledge, as you must, that there is no such thing as perfect food, only the idea of it, then the real purpose of striving toward perfection becomes clear: to make people happy, that is what cooking is all about.”
― Thomas Keller

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: