Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #46
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suelala View Post
Actually, this fall will be my first solo trip! It was slated for last year, but my (adult) daughter was able to go with me. That was our first mother-daughter trip and we had a wonderful time.
I am planning to stay for 10 days...hope that isn't too long for solo. I figure I still want to see most everything I usually do, and add in some new things, and this time, I am going to add in 1 or maybe 2 days to just hang out by the pool and read, swim, maybe go to DTD and have lunch and shop a little, or even see a movie. I love to hotel hop and maybe I could fit that in too! We stayed at Pop last time, but I am thinking of trying POFQ this time, since I plan to spend more time at the resort. Wish I could afford a deluxe, but that just is too much $$.
I will go to Epcot twice (favorite), DHS 1 1/2 days, AK once and MK twice. Sounds like you are going in December...I am not sure yet if I will go the end of October or first week of December. Loved all the Christmas décor and MVMCP last year, but it wasn't in full swing the 2nd week of November.
Hope you go, and have a great time!
I did a trip with my mom at the end of October a few years ago, and it was great!! We did 11 days at Pop and we were exhausted when we came home! We figured we wanted to cram everything in just in case we never went back. So this trip I believe will just be myself, and I am starting to plan so I know exactly what can be done in a short period of time. I mean, some of the rides we did the last time I probably wouldn't even do this time around, so I know that will save me time. Planning, planning, planning! If you haven't been to the halloween parade definitely go!! It was great!
We did park hoppers the last time and I doubt I will spend the money on that this time. I figure one day at MK and then with the christmas party I will do that on a different night, so it's like getting two days there. Can you still get in at 4pm with the party tickets? I wasn't sure if that had changed since I was there last
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #47
Suelala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1 View Post
I did a trip with my mom at the end of October a few years ago, and it was great!! We did 11 days at Pop and we were exhausted when we came home! We figured we wanted to cram everything in just in case we never went back. So this trip I believe will just be myself, and I am starting to plan so I know exactly what can be done in a short period of time. I mean, some of the rides we did the last time I probably wouldn't even do this time around, so I know that will save me time. Planning, planning, planning! If you haven't been to the halloween parade definitely go!! It was great!
We did park hoppers the last time and I doubt I will spend the money on that this time. I figure one day at MK and then with the christmas party I will do that on a different night, so it's like getting two days there. Can you still get in at 4pm with the party tickets? I wasn't sure if that had changed since I was there last
I think it was somewhere around 4 when you could get in, but we got there a little later. I am going to skip park hopper for the first time also. I am thinking that when I leave a park I will go back to the resort and take it easy or go to DTD or go to another resort to look around. If you haven't seen WL, check it out, it is gorgeous. Also Boardwalk is worth a visit, and you can do that right from Epcot.
I can usually do everything I want to do at MK in one day, but I will split it up and spend more time people watching the 2nd visit.
I hope to do things I haven't done before, maybe tea at the GF, take more time to really look at the buildings and definitely more shopping!
Suelala is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #48
MissPrincessKendall
Earning My Ears

The majority of my trip is solo...

Hey everyone,

I am heading to WDW on Wednesday with one of my friends. He is still currently a cast member there and was scheduled for every day of our trip. I am no longer a cast member because I now have a full time job in my home state. While on my three years living there I would park hop on days off solo when friends would be working opposite days/times of me but I've never done a trip where I would be solo from 9am to 9pm every day. Now that I can't enjoy the magic every single day of the year my trips mean much more to me because I miss it there so much. I am looking for unique things to do while I am there. Has anyone been on any of the tours they offer? Does anyone have any ideas of really unique things I can do?

I will be doing the usual park hop, as well as seeing wishes from poly and things along those lines but I really want this to be as fun as my other vacations with family and friends.

Thanks for reading!

Peace, love, Disney *O*
MissPrincessKendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #49
seadd67
DIS Veteran

My trip In Oct, i am going cross country(from Seattle) to Wash DC and then down to Orlando by Greyhound. This will be my first solo trip to WDW and my First cross county trip solo to. I have always wanted to drive cross country, i have driven as far as little rock,AR, but I don't have a vehicle i want to poor all those miles on to nether. We are also going to DL this July by Greyhound to.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #50
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
My trip In Oct, i am going cross country(from Seattle) to Wash DC and then down to Orlando by Greyhound. This will be my first solo trip to WDW and my First cross county trip solo to. I have always wanted to drive cross country, i have driven as far as little rock,AR, but I don't have a vehicle i want to poor all those miles on to nether. We are also going to DL this July by Greyhound to.
Wow, you are traveling a long ways!! How long will you be staying in Disney?
Old 04-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #51
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suelala View Post

I think it was somewhere around 4 when you could get in, but we got there a little later. I am going to skip park hopper for the first time also. I am thinking that when I leave a park I will go back to the resort and take it easy or go to DTD or go to another resort to look around. If you haven't seen WL, check it out, it is gorgeous. Also Boardwalk is worth a visit, and you can do that right from Epcot.
I can usually do everything I want to do at MK in one day, but I will split it up and spend more time people watching the 2nd visit.
I hope to do things I haven't done before, maybe tea at the GF, take more time to really look at the buildings and definitely more shopping!
Did you do the candlelight processional? Everyone says I should go to it but when I looked at the video online, it just doesn't excite me??
Old 04-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #52
Ballard67
Dreaming of WDW

I am looking at 5 days in wdw, and at POP century. Golf In the morning and the parks In the evening.

2012 Sept DL(off site) and MNSSHP, 2011 Sept Poly MNSSHP, 2010 Oct POP century MNSSHP and Food and wine 2010 Oct DL trip, 2009 July trip DL and WDW trip, and July 4th stay at POP, 2008 Oct trip POP century, 2007 spring break trip March POP century, 2006 March Spring break trip POP century, 2005 spring break POR, 2004 spring break trip off site(one and only time) 2003 DL trip(off site)
Ballard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #53
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard67 View Post
I am looking at 5 days in wdw, and at POP century. Golf In the morning and the parks In the evening.

When are you going to Disney??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: