Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 12:56 AM   #31
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

We'll be at WDW May 10th-20th, but will be running over to Universal a couple of days. Sure hoping we manage to catch a soft opening.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #32
AustinTink
Gonna dye till the day I die

For those who have ridden before in Cali, does this ride have any spinning? I can't do spinning. I have an inner ear issue.
AustinTink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #33
whitek1275
Mouseketeer

I think I'm becoming a little more ignorant every day to the reality that I may not be riding this come vacation between May 17th-21st.

The night of June 13th 2010, a cast member told me to come back early the next morning and we would get a test run of The Forbidden Journey. I think ever since then, I get hopeful I will be on the next test run for a ride.

Am I being hopeful or do you think those dates are going to be towards opening? I don't think it's too far off to speculate anymore. Obviously some of you have a better idea who live in the area.
whitek1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:19 AM   #34
Armadillo4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormer View Post
Those pictures are awesome. Will they continue meeting after the ride opens? We are going the end of August and would love to see them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Yup! They make regular appearances at Universal Hollywood so I imagine they'll continue here. Those costumes are too expensive for only a few weeks of appearances.
As an annual passholder at the West coast version of Universal Studios, I can confirm what damo wrote. The meet n greets with Optimus Prime and Bumblebee have been a permanent feature just outside the ride building. AND this past January, they added Megatron to the roster of character meet n greets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTink View Post
For those who have ridden before in Cali, does this ride have any spinning? I can't do spinning. I have an inner ear issue.
The ride mechanism is exactly the same as Spiderman. If you're familiar with Spiderman at all, you'll get about the same amount of "spinning" on Transformers. It's not spinning like the Disney Teacups, but the vehicle will rotate around a few times during the ride. I hope that helps.
Armadillo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #35
stormer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yup! They make regular appearances at Universal Hollywood so I imagine they'll continue here. Those costumes are too expensive for only a few weeks of appearances.
Thanks! Can't wait!
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #36
atricks
Mouseketeer

They've added a 3rd walk out character/robot to the mix, Megatron, that's out there now this week, and it looks like soft openings/tech rehersal may start intermittently in a few weeks (the end of April). All the construction walls around Transformers are down.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #37
truck1
Growing older but not up.

I went by during the week and wandered by. Is it me or does the gift shop seem really small. Unless there's more to it behind a temp wall.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #38
glocon
DIS Veteran

Post some pictures if you have them!

Anyone?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #39
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck1 View Post
I went by during the week and wandered by. Is it me or does the gift shop seem really small. Unless there's more to it behind a temp wall.
Apparently there is more behind a temp wall.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #40
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Apparently there is more behind a temp wall.
Thats what I figured.

Btw for anyone keeping track, Megatron was out today in the street between Mels and Transformers.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: