Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #3376
pisc0011
Earning My Ears

refill station in LM???

Anyone know if the rumors are true or not? We are going in ten days and will be checking for sure.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #3377
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth4

I saw reports of them being metal and people were able to hang magnetic signs on them. We just were there though and I brought magnetic signs and mine would not stick. I think my magnetic strips were not strong enough, since the doors did seem metal. But, I was unable to hang the cute signs I made :-(
Hmmm, thanks for the reply. I wonder if ours will work. I have them all in that magnetic paper you can use in your printer. Any one else have the same or a different experience?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #3378
smidgy
dimples

agreed! and I abhor a parking lot view.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #3379
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

I know the walk from LM to LoF and buses has been discussed ad nauseum but how is the walk from LM to Big blue pool?
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
Old 04-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #3380
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmhouston View Post
I know the walk from LM to LoF and buses has been discussed ad nauseum but how is the walk from LM to Big blue pool?
The big blue pool is right behind lof so about the same. We swam in the lm pool so didn't walk to swim but I didn't feel any of the walk was bad and we had a 2 and 4 year old with us

Old 04-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #3381
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they will allow you to request a King room if you have 3 people on the reservation? We are going with my daughter and aren't looking forward to full size beds to start with, but also think she will be more comfortable on a small air mattress since she is only used to sleeping on a small day bed and still rolls off sometimes. I don't want to fool with rails, so we think trying for the king is our best option.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #3382
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post
Does anyone know if they will allow you to request a King room if you have 3 people on the reservation? We are going with my daughter and aren't looking forward to full size beds to start with, but also think she will be more comfortable on a small air mattress since she is only used to sleeping on a small day bed and still rolls off sometimes. I don't want to fool with rails, so we think trying for the king is our best option.
No, it's fire code. I have of a few who have gotten one, but it's very rare. Usually the child needs to be under 3. it's never a sure thing you would get one either even if you just had 2. Ironically. I did NOT ask for one on our last trip and we were given one and my friend had a family of 3 and were accidently given one.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #3383
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib

No, it's fire code. I have of a few who have gotten one, but it's very rare. Usually the child needs to be under 3. it's never a sure thing you would get one either even if you just had 2. Ironically. I did NOT ask for one on our last trip and we were given one and my friend had a family of 3 and were accidently given one.
I understand that I'm not guaranteed and I can see where it might be their policy to not allow it, that's why I was asking. I'm not sure how it's against fire code though since many small hotels will give you a roll-away bed if you request one. I just assumed disney might have their own policy but I don't think it's a fire code problem.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #3384
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I understand that I'm not guaranteed and I can see where it might be their policy to not allow it, that's why I was asking. I'm not sure how it's against fire code though since many small hotels will give you a roll-away bed if you request one. I just assumed disney might have their own policy but I don't think it's a fire code problem.
I don't know if it's just disney or Orlando, but i do know Disney does have some stricter fire codes than some other places. or so I've been told.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #3385
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
For whatever reason. Disney will not allow more than 2 in a king room. i
If a child is under 3, then it would work. Otherwise, no.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #3386
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamer75 View Post
Yay!!! Just booked our stay at AOA in the Nemo Suite for the week after Thanksgiving!! Soo excited!! This will be our 4th year in a row going to WDW, we said we were not going this year, but I just can't stay away!!

So funny, I said the same thing this year and yet here I am leaving in 19 days!! LOL!!

Old 04-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #3387
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Checking in next Monday, yay!!!

Question about the big blue pool...my kids are 10 and 5 and while we keep a very close eye on them while swimming, we are not always in the pool with them (sitting on the side or in a lounge in eye view). This pool looks so big and looks, from pics, that there may be sculptures obstructing certain views. Is is easy enough to keep eyes on kids in there? We are used to Pop flower pool which is big in it's own right, but it's all open so you can see the kids from wherever.
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
Old 04-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #3388
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmhouston View Post
Checking in next Monday, yay!!!

Question about the big blue pool...my kids are 10 and 5 and while we keep a very close eye on them while swimming, we are not always in the pool with them (sitting on the side or in a lounge in eye view). This pool looks so big and looks, from pics, that there may be sculptures obstructing certain views. Is is easy enough to keep eyes on kids in there? We are used to Pop flower pool which is big in it's own right, but it's all open so you can see the kids from wherever.
good question. Also - how deep does this pool go? And what about the logistics of having one kid in the pool and one in the splash area? Could I sit somewhere where I could see both???

Checking in Friday!!!!
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 04-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #3389
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
good question. Also - how deep does this pool go? And what about the logistics of having one kid in the pool and one in the splash area? Could I sit somewhere where I could see both???

Checking in Friday!!!!
If the pool/splash area is anything like Pop, you can't really see both kids as the space between them is too large. I had this situation last trip, DD10 was in the pool and DD4 was in the splash area. DD10 wasn't allowed to go by herself unless she was with a friend, but now after hearing about the child who died in the Pop pool a week or so ago, I'm thinking twice this time around about leaving her, even with a friend. Hopefully DD5 will be more willing to cooperate this time around
Old 04-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #3390
beth4
Mouseketeer

The pool and splash pad are too far away IMO to keep an eye on kids in both sections at once. I made all 4 of my kids (9,5,5,and 1) stay with me when we went to a different area. I also don't think you can sit in a chair and keep an eye on kids in the pool. There are lots of obstructions. I couldn't even keep my eye on them while I was standing on the edge because three kept hiding behind a wall. I know each parent is different with comfort levels, but I don't take my eyes off my kids in the pool and it was tough to keep track of them in The Big Blue Pool. We went down to the Cars pool once and it was much easier to watch "from the sidelines" for me when my 5yr olds and 9 yr old were swimming with an older cousin.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: