Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #61
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyLump502 View Post
... Reading this forum has me worried about ohanas now... Never been and not sure what to expect this trip
No need to worry, 'Ohana is completely unpredictable! Only two major things can go wrong--1)The food, or 2) The service. Ya spins the coconut and ya takes yer chances
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #62
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
No need to worry, 'Ohana is completely unpredictable! Only two major things can go wrong--1)The food, or 2) The service. Ya spins the coconut and ya takes yer chances
Absolutely true, our last experience at O'Hana was a good one (we had a great server), but it does vary and it is always a hit or miss.

FuzzyLump502 - Don't let the opinions on this board change your decision to go to a specific restaurant as they are opinions and someone's experience can be different than yours or mine or anyone's...I mentioned a place in an earlier post and someone came in and pretty much flamed our experience but that was our experience and it happened (and he assumed things and twisted them around) but that's the way it was and next time it can be totally different.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #63
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

I must be the only one but to us it was Narcosses. We tried it twice nad both times, the lobster in the surf and turf was very chewy. We were 8 people once ordering it and out of 8, only 2 were well cooked.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #64
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
Absolutely true, our last experience at O'Hana was a good one (we had a great server), but it does vary and it is always a hit or miss.

FuzzyLump502 - Don't let the opinions on this board change your decision to go to a specific restaurant as they are opinions and someone's experience can be different than yours or mine or anyone's...I mentioned a place in an earlier post and someone came in and pretty much flamed our experience but that was our experience and it happened (and he assumed things and twisted them around) but that's the way it was and next time it can be totally different.
Good points here. If 'Ohana was a stand-alone restaurant in your hometown, it'd
be out of business in a short period of time. Thanks to the churn of millions of guests at WDW and occasionally providing an excellent experience it survives and thrives on property. Go figure.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #65
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
Good points here. If 'Ohana was a stand-alone restaurant in your hometown, it'd
be out of business in a short period of time. Thanks to the churn of millions of guests at WDW and occasionally providing an excellent experience it survives and thrives on property. Go figure.
Our experience there in 2007 was simply amazing. Wonderful table (right along the windows with a great view of the castle), wonderful servers, and the food was cooked perfectly. It just shows that two people can have totally different experiences at the same place.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #66
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pletprincesses View Post
I must be the only one but to us it was Narcosses. We tried it twice nad both times, the lobster in the surf and turf was very chewy. We were 8 people once ordering it and out of 8, only 2 were well cooked.
I actually agree with you (and did a few posts before yours)

I think if you are going to put a $72.00 price on an entree that it should be amazing. It wasn't
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #67
swissfamilyrobinson
Mouseketeer

We went to O'hana in 2011 and absolutely loved it. Went back last year (actually 4th of July evening) and the service was terrible. The people seated after us had a different server and were seated after us and finished before us. They had a great server. We didn't. It made a huge difference in our experience, as we had to wait like 30 minutes before we received anything other than drinks.

Two totally different experiences. We tried to chalk it up to the holiday busyness, but it is gonna be hard to go back, regardless.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #68
katiebc8289
Earning My Ears

agreed!
katiebc8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #69
katiebc8289
Earning My Ears

Yes.
katiebc8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #70
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

We LOVE OHANA, cant believe all the bad reviews. I do think its funny that everyone hated the food but raves about the bread pudding.....We LOVED the food and the bread pudding made me gag The second time we just asked for the vanilla ice cream- and the food was still wonderful the second time. Cant wait to eat there next week-

I think my bigget letdown was Akershus- totally gross. Ended up making turkey sandwiches at the cold buffet. Characters were good though.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #71
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

Coral Reef....So excited to vtry it but was very let down by the food and service.
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
princess-rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #72
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Boma for us. Couldn't wait to try it and just eh.....I wouldn't go back. Did not care for the spices in the food but sure did like the hummus.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #73
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Boma
trails end

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #74
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Ohana. Great server but the food was terrible.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #75
HadesTX
Whoa. Is my hair out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post
We LOVE OHANA, cant believe all the bad reviews. I do think its funny that everyone hated the food but raves about the bread pudding.....We LOVED the food and the bread pudding made me gag The second time we just asked for the vanilla ice cream- and the food was still wonderful the second time. Cant wait to eat there next week-

I think my biggest letdown was Akershus- totally gross. Ended up making turkey sandwiches at the cold buffet. Characters were good though.
I didn't like the food & I hated the bread pudding. DH liked the break pudding okay, but didn't love it.

WL 12/13
POR 9/11
POR 10/10
CBR 06/07
GF 02/98
Off site 7/87
HadesTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: