Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #1066
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Marie just when you think things can't get any worse, so sorry. You've truly had the month from hell. Yes, lets hope it's a better month.
How is your husbands recovery doing?

I hope the next time you come to BC will be happier times, And we can have a meet!

I wish I could go to DL too!!! But I'll just be returning from WDW trip Feb 8, and think that may be a hard sell with the husband, and work

You sure deserve your girls trip and hope your son can understand that.

I have knee surgery booked for early June, and told the surgeon I need to be on my feet for my August WDW trip! No matter what! If I have to rent a scooter I'm going!!!!! No matter what it takes. Maybe I could get my daughter to push me around in a wheelchair. no really, I think I should be back on my feet by then. 2 mos should do it.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 04-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #1067
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

thank you all for your support this past month! your kind words and loving thoughts have made my heart lighter! I love y'all.

Melissa, your 2014 trip sounds divine! 1 BDRM Villa at BLT! that'll be a great location! My 2015 trip, I want to stay at KIDANI in a 1 BDRM villa. I know the location may not be in the center of things, but I can compromise some of that for the beauty and the extra space! I love the transportation from AKL, and with Kidani being the first pickup, I can't beat that! Some compromise, but it will be worth it and offer us all we need. I hope BLT 1 BDRM offers you everything you could want and need too!

Update on Allan --
Frustrating and sad that Allan is in a lot of pain the last while. This injury is weird, it's unlike any surgery we've been through. Usually with surgery, you expect some healing time/ soreness but there is always a sense of getting better every day. This injury isn't like that, Allan actually cried last night in bed because of the constant achyness, tightness and pain. he's got a high pain threshold normally, so I know this is giving him a run he's finding hard! I just wish it would start to get better. We will just have to keep taking things one day at a time! What a month it's been, I'll be happy to get farther away from March! We are looking at a long road to recovery, the Occupational Therapist said a year wouldn't be far off if she where to guess, and it could be longer. he's got a double whammy injury with the amputation AND the shattered pinky/ bone graft, it's a complex healing process. Al is worried he won't get movement back again, it brings him to a dark place sometimes where he just wishes he could play that day differently. I know he'll need to talk to someone about the trauma and the worry, but he also is determined if his fingers can gain movement again he will do it! He's a fighter and I am very proud of him -- I'll stand by him through it all!
Baby steps, right!

SUE: thank you for your kindness! We are BC born and raised, all our family is there, and we'd love to come home one day! (This injury has actually made Al wish we could pick up and leave Edmonton, so who knows ) for sure the next time we are home, I'd LOVE to meet up! have you thought of doing the DisDIVA trip to DL??? I'm going next year....so excited! Oops! I just saw you are just going to be returning from WDW! Yeah! How fun!!! Maybe in the future, I have a feeling the Dis Diva trip will become a staple in my life in the coming years! 2015 is WDW, but once my kids are gone and its just me and my Disney love (DH can take it only every 5 yrs or so)-- well, I'll need someone to share the love with, so the girls trip fits the bill perfectly! I hope DS comes to terms with the fact that I'm taking him and his GF for their graduation in Jan/Feb 2015 -- and this time it's just me and my friends, it's much needed!
Love to you all!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL

Last edited by chimo2u; 04-07-2013 at 03:18 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #1068
babyberger
DIS Veteran

First, thank you for all your support. We are still shocked and shaken

Okay time to play catch up!

Marie - I am sorry to hear that Al is having such a hard time. I am sure this will be a very long road to recovery, hopefully with no more bumps in the road. My thoughts are with you always

Sue - I hope the knee surgery isn't too invasive and you are back on your feet in no time!!! My little ones haven't been to Busch Gardens yet and DH, DS20 and I haven't been in a long time, so we think it may be something fun to do. We will be an hour away so it works for a day trip.

Koh1977 - we loved Coral Reef in Feb! We weren't going to go because of the mixed reviews but I am glad we did. The atmosphere was great and it was such a relaxing meal How is DD feeling? Better I hope!!

Jeanette - so glad you had a good time! Sorry you had to come back to reality

Jen - I hope the fundraiser was successful! It is so sad to see these families in need

Wookie - oh I can only imagine what your life is like right now....

SRiley1985 - good call on CSR

I know I am missing so many, so a BIG HELLO to my whole RC Family

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #1069
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wow Marie, just saw the post about your grandmother too. i am so sorry, but I am glad to hear you are taking joy in planning the Dis Divas trip! Hugs to you and hubby, what an ordeal with his finger. Sending healing thoughts.

Melissa: WHOO HOOO!!! So happy you have something to plan and look forward to!! Hoping for your discount!

Koh: We too loved 1900 Park Fare! Had it booked again this time, but taking a pass as it is our arrival day and we don't want to be tied down. It is great fun though! The prince is cute!!

Hi to all! Busy day here, just doing some yard work!! Lovely temps 15 celsuis!! Yay for spring!

Just adding, in case you all were wondering, at the fundraiser concert the other night the house was packed! We think they raised a ton for the family, which is great news.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #1070
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Melissa: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! I'm so happy you've booked something. Like you said, life's too short. (They usually have AP discounts or even public discounts for that time, don't they?)

Marie: Sorry he's in so much pain. Sending positive thoughts to all of you.

Sue M: Disney is a HUGE motivator! That knee'll be healed in short order.

Dani: about the "leaving for Disney" story. She's learned from the best, hasn't she?! She's a girl after our own hearts.

Koh: Like the sounds of those ADRs. I'm still sobbing over Le Cellier getting rid of that burger. We'd only JUST tried Le Cellier on the last trip and they up and get rid of that tasty burger.

Sheila: Which ADR are you most looking forward to?

to all of you.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #1071
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Just updated the countdown app on my iPad! 117 days until WDW!! Only 115 until Sea World!! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #1072
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314
Jeanette Welcome Back! A 24 hr shift How do you do it
Lol..I nap a lot Sheila
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247
sis welcome back!!!!
thanks sis...fwiw cl offering at hrh and Rpr are much better than wdw.. just sayin but 3/2 split is rough...next year maybe for ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
Life is short, this we know. So even though we talked about not renewing our passes and saving money I have convinced DH that we should take one big Disney vacation next year (as well as our summer beach vacation).

We looked at the calendar and wanted to book during Value Season and because DH has so many different reports due at certain times of the month and year he is limited to when he can take a whole week off, so there was ONE WEEK that would work during Value Season and I knew it was a long shot getting what I wanted, but I took a chance and called CRO.

So as long as there is a discount offered and DH's job is stable we will be staying at:

Bay Lake Tower - 1 Bedroom Villa
February 1-8, 2014

Right now I am booked at FULL RACK RATE
Melissa
Melissa so sorry about your cousin and life is short..vacation!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M

I have knee surgery booked for early June, and told the surgeon I need to be on my feet for my August WDW trip! No matter what! If I have to rent a scooter I'm going!!!!! No matter what it takes. Maybe I could get my daughter to push me around in a wheelchair. no really, I think I should be back on my feet by then. 2 mos should do it.
Wheelchairing it from yc easy peasy..sue dont push it..you will need some rest even 2 months later

Marie~sorry for your grandma and sorry dh is still struggling continued prayers
Old 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #1073
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Melissa: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! I'm so happy you've booked something. Like you said, life's too short. (They usually have AP discounts or even public discounts for that time, don't they?)

Marie: Sorry he's in so much pain. Sending positive thoughts to all of you.

Sue M: Disney is a HUGE motivator! That knee'll be healed in short order.

Dani: about the "leaving for Disney" story. She's learned from the best, hasn't she?! She's a girl after our own hearts.

Koh: Like the sounds of those ADRs. I'm still sobbing over Le Cellier getting rid of that burger. We'd only JUST tried Le Cellier on the last trip and they up and get rid of that tasty burger.

Sheila: Which ADR are you most looking forward to?

to all of you.
Miss I am not really sure since all the places on the Monorail that we plan to eat at will be new to us. Kona's 'Ohana's GF Cafe and the Wave. I am even excited to check out Captain Cooks. I am still debating about "Spirit of Aloha" we went to it many years ago(early 90's) as a family but a part of me wants to go again especially since we are staying at the Poly.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #1074
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Miss I am not really sure since all the places on the Monorail that we plan to eat at will be new to us. Kona's 'Ohana's GF Cafe and the Wave. I am even excited to check out Captain Cooks. I am still debating about "Spirit of Aloha" we went to it many years ago(early 90's) as a family but a part of me wants to go again especially since we are staying at the Poly.
I still would like to try The Wave for breakfast I think, but haven't figured out when yet. :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #1075
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Shelia and Koh - we LOVED The Wave when we were at CR in Feb. Breakfast was phenomenal!!! The kids and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner but DH was not thrilled with his, but I think that was just because of what he ordered. I thought his was great.

So DH keeps telling me there are a lot of if's with this next trip and I get it, but I am still going to stay positive and plan it like I know it is going to happen. At first I was thinking I have never planned a vacation this far out but then I remembered our cruises, I used to book over a year and half in advance so I guess I have been though this process before. Who knows, once we decide when to renew our passes maybe we will get up there before Feb, but I told him I don't want to do a whole bunch of little trips again. Only time will tell

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #1076
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Shelia and Koh - we LOVED The Wave when we were at CR in Feb. Breakfast was phenomenal!!! The kids and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner but DH was not thrilled with his, but I think that was just because of what he ordered. I thought his was great.
So just added breakfast at The Wave for our next to last morning. Early ADR, but I'm thinking of letting DS do the pirate cruise at GF that morning, so we'd need to be done and over there by 9:15am I think? 8:00am give us enough time ya think?

Was thinking maybe the dessert party for our anniversary, but we have a 6:45 ADR at CRT, so maybe that's pushing it with too much food? (Desserts). OR do I change our anniversary dinner to Via Napoli at Epcot (since we got engaged in Italy at Epcot) and do an early dinner ADR at CRT our last day and do the dessert party then? Hmmm...wishes isn't until 10pm when we're there if that makes a difference.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #1077
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So just added breakfast at The Wave for our next to last morning. Early ADR, but I'm thinking of letting DS do the pirate cruise at GF that morning, so we'd need to be done and over there by 9:15am I think? 8:00am give us enough time ya think?

Was thinking maybe the dessert party for our anniversary, but we have a 6:45 ADR at CRT, so maybe that's pushing it with too much food? (Desserts). OR do I change our anniversary dinner to Via Napoli at Epcot (since we got engaged in Italy at Epcot) and do an early dinner ADR at CRT our last day and do the dessert party then? Hmmm...wishes isn't until 10pm when we're there if that makes a difference.
I don't think 8am is going to give you enough time to get to GF by 9:15am. Breakfast doesnt take that long, especially if everyone does the buffet. But then you need to allow time to wait for the monorail and remember that it will stop at the TTC and Poly before getting to GF. If it were me, I don't think I would do it.

As for your anniversary....that is a tough call. I have to say the times we ate at CRT I never felt over full. The portions are not that huge and you don't have to finish everything on your plate.

But with that said I like the idea of Via Napoli since you were engaged in that area. And Via Napoli is amazing. But you will need to leave plenty of time to get back to MK. We had one night coming back from Epcot that the monorail lines were so long and then got to the TTC and the mornorails were having issues and not running. After waiting over 45 min at the TTC we took the ferry to the MK and then walked back to CR.

I know, I didn't help you at all

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #1078
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

I don't think 8am is going to give you enough time to get to GF by 9:15am. Breakfast doesnt take that long, especially if everyone does the buffet. But then you need to allow time to wait for the monorail and remember that it will stop at the TTC and Poly before getting to GF. If it were me, I don't think I would do it.

As for your anniversary....that is a tough call. I have to say the times we ate at CRT I never felt over full. The portions are not that huge and you don't have to finish everything on your plate.

But with that said I like the idea of Via Napoli since you were engaged in that area. And Via Napoli is amazing. But you will need to leave plenty of time to get back to MK. We had one night coming back from Epcot that the monorail lines were so long and then got to the TTC and the mornorails were having issues and not running. After waiting over 45 min at the TTC we took the ferry to the MK and then walked back to CR.

I know, I didn't help you at all
It's ok. Thanks for the input. :-) nixed the wave. May try it a different morning, but I think it's a place i could decide on closer to our trip and still be ok.

As for the dessert party, I meant to go to via Napoli for dinner and stick around Epcot that night then our last night at Disney do CRT for an earlier dinner and do the dessert party after that. :-)
Old 04-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #1079
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post

It's ok. Thanks for the input. :-) nixed the wave. May try it a different morning, but I think it's a place i could decide on closer to our trip and still be ok.

As for the dessert party, I meant to go to via Napoli for dinner and stick around Epcot that night then our last night at Disney do CRT for an earlier dinner and do the dessert party after that. :-)
Oh ok, then yes that is what I would do!

As for The Wave, we didn't have reservations either morning we are there and were seated almost immediately both times.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #1080
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

22 more days and then I can finally make my reservations.

Hopefully California Grill will be taking them by then.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: