Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #76
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

Has anyone had any luck in making substitutions on the kids' lunch menu? I'm thinking that I will need to order through the cashier. I am most interested in knowing if kids can substitute pomme frites for the sweet potato fries. Also, does the applesauce qualify as the included dessert, or are kids able to get a cupcake for dessert? I should mention we are on the DDP. Thanks!!
Supermom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #77
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
We are trying lunch and dinner in May. We were able to secure a ressie for 7pm dinner a few (about 90 days) months ago, but we are just a party of 2. That might be why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickprincess View Post
I just wanted to say thanks for this thread.. I was able to get a septembe 22 ressie. It's for 8:30 and there will be two extra magic hours so that's a plus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Got my reservation for dinner! Guess I'll just have to try it out now!
Thanks for the thread. I wasn't originally going to do it but it looks so appealing now.
Congrats on your ressies! Hope you all have a wonderful dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydisneymom View Post
This June is going to be our first long trip at Disney since we usually go on Disney Cruises and love love the food.
We made ressies back in Dec for BOG. I read several reviews which were dated and was a bit nervous until I read this Thread.
I do have another question about what to wear. BOG looks very elegant and I don't want my family to dress sloppy. I will be 32weeks pregnant and want to dress as comfortable as possible. We plan to continue to be in the park since there are extended hours that night.
What are your thoughts on dress attire?
Park attire is definitely acceptable. But it's not unusual for people to dress up a bit for this meal. When my friend and I went, we took an afternoon break at the resort to shower and dress up before our reservation. We both chose lightweight, comfortable dresses. It was an EMH night and we wanted to stay in the park afterwards as well. I stashed a change of clothes and shoes in my backpack just in case I needed them, but ended up being just fine in my dress and flats for the rest of the night. The only ride I would not do in a dress is Space, just due to the awkwardness of getting in and out of the ride vehicle But we'd ridden it earlier in the day so it wasn't an issue. During dinner, the people seated around us were also adult parties, and they were more dressed up as well. But I also saw several families in regular park clothes.

Basically, I think you'll be fine in whatever you'd like to wear. Personally, I'd dress up a bit if I could, while keeping comfort in mind. I just think it's more fun that way, given the atmosphere of the restaurant. But if that's impractical, you won't be out of place in shorts/t-shirts/whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom3 View Post
Has anyone had any luck in making substitutions on the kids' lunch menu? I'm thinking that I will need to order through the cashier. I am most interested in knowing if kids can substitute pomme frites for the sweet potato fries. Also, does the applesauce qualify as the included dessert, or are kids able to get a cupcake for dessert? I should mention we are on the DDP. Thanks!!
I can't speak from experience here, but I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to substitute the pommes frites for the sweet potato fries. As far as the dessert thing goes, that's been a point of confusion for several people. Again, I don't have experience here, but from my understanding of the DDP it seems like you child should be able to get a cupcake, since not all the meals include applesauce. But, since other CS restaurants include the kids' dessert as a side, BOG may have the same policy. If no one can confirm the procedure here before I hit MK next, I'll be sure to stop by and ask.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #78
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post

I can't speak from experience here, but I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to substitute the pommes frites for the sweet potato fries. As far as the dessert thing goes, that's been a point of confusion for several people. Again, I don't have experience here, but from my understanding of the DDP it seems like you child should be able to get a cupcake, since not all the meals include applesauce. But, since other CS restaurants include the kids' dessert as a side, BOG may have the same policy. If no one can confirm the procedure here before I hit MK next, I'll be sure to stop by and ask.
Thanks! I guess I'll find out in about 6 weeks. I'm just not sure I want to share my cupcake with DD.
Supermom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #79
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

Laura!! I came to this Forum today specifically to look for info on BOG and saw this amazing, detailed thread. I cannot thank you enough for all you have done to provide this information!! THANK YOU!!!!!
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #80
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom3 View Post
Thanks! I guess I'll find out in about 6 weeks. I'm just not sure I want to share my cupcake with DD.
I don't blame you! The strawberry cupcake is divine! I'd have a hard time sharing, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie in AZ View Post
Laura!! I came to this Forum today specifically to look for info on BOG and saw this amazing, detailed thread. I cannot thank you enough for all you have done to provide this information!! THANK YOU!!!!!
You're quite welcome! Glad it's been helpful

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #81
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Added a couple of reviews and a new FAQ.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #82
candyrn
Earning My Ears

Bog

We (hubby, myself and 3 kiddos 5,9 & 12) had the opportunity to eat at BOG during our January visit to the world. We loved it!! The food was fantastic and the decor beautiful. My only complaint, is the noise level is on the loud side. But no worse than say Crystal Palace. My kids absolutely loved meeting Beast after dinner. They weren't expecting it, so it made it twice as fun.
candyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #83
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

I get to make ADR's next week I am really hoping we can get in for dinner sometime over our 8 days! I have been checking periodically and it seems it isn't any easier to get ADRs yet!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #84
RunningWithScissors
Wife, Mom, Alabama Football GradFan

The first ADR of our March 23-30 trip was at BOG and it was the BEST one of the week! The overall experience was fantastic--from checking in, to being seated, served, paying--everything was 1st class! We sat in the West Wing and with 4 boys and 1 fiesty girl, the setting was perfect! It also was a nice end to a VERY rainy and windy afternoon (March 24th)--the dark room with thunderstorm noises fit perfectly! The kids loved watching the portrait of the Prince/Beast change with the lightening. Kept them entertained all night!

Kids ages were 5 yo girl, 9, 10, 11 and 12 year old boys. They ate kids steak and grilled chicken--both substituted fries but got the healthy green beans, too. The "adult" children ate steak and the shrimp and scallops. They LOVED the food. The 4 adults all had something different. I had the Cornish Hen, DH had the shrimp and scallops, my sister had the steak and her hubs had the pork chop. We all thought the food was perfectly prepared and presented. We also had the french onion soup--was DIVINE. For dessert we choose several different cupcakes and all decided the strawberry one was the best. It was the best cupcake we had all week, sampling from several different places. My son was celebrating a birthday but the server brought the GREY STUFF to all the kids. I tasted it and thought it had ZERO taste. But, it was fun and interesting and was another thing the kids thought was super cool. Our server was very animated and really helped set a perfect mood. One thing that perturbed me was that if someone missed the Beast in the Ballroom or he didn't come close enough to them, they ran into the West Wing to take pictures and blocked our view. We asked one woman to please move so we could have our turn. That was annoying.

Because Spring Break was SO crowded, we didn't try BOG at lunch. The line was almost to the entrance of New Fantasyland every day. Next time we go, which I can 100% guarantee won't be at a busy time, we will eat lunch AND dinner at BOG.

Overall, this beat out Le Cellier as our favorite Disney dining spot. I never thought any other restaurant could do that!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #85
babeydoll02
Earning My Ears

Have not been able to get ADR for our upcoming trip. Disappointed. : /
babeydoll02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #86
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! This is such great information, I'm really excited to try this place on our trip in November!!
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #87
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post
I'm all for healthy "alternatives" but to me that means that there are healthy choices along with the usual kids stuff like nuggets etc.. So those kids who would actually eat meatloaf and pulled pork (never met a young child that would) can order it. But what about the rest of us ?? Ugh! Not a big proponent of the nanny state telling us what to eat
Actually, my daughter hated the standard kids fare, and would love the options for kids at BOG - but when we go she'll be a Disney Adult, so she can choose whatever she wishes. Not every child hates broccoli, sweet potatoes, or pulled pork. Not every child likes nuggets. And if your child would hate everything here, maybe go eat somewhere else then.

I wish that this had been open our last trip, when my poor daughter felt so left out being limited to the children's menus.

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Hoosier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #88
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrn View Post
We (hubby, myself and 3 kiddos 5,9 & 12) had the opportunity to eat at BOG during our January visit to the world. We loved it!! The food was fantastic and the decor beautiful. My only complaint, is the noise level is on the loud side. But no worse than say Crystal Palace. My kids absolutely loved meeting Beast after dinner. They weren't expecting it, so it made it twice as fun.
So glad your family enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4evr View Post
I get to make ADR's next week I am really hoping we can get in for dinner sometime over our 8 days! I have been checking periodically and it seems it isn't any easier to get ADRs yet!
Good luck! Sending some pixie dust your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post
The first ADR of our March 23-30 trip was at BOG and it was the BEST one of the week...
Glad you had a great time! I'll link to your post in the reviews section

Quote:
Originally Posted by babeydoll02 View Post
Sorry! Keep trying, and hopefully something will open up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
Thank you so much! This is such great information, I'm really excited to try this place on our trip in November!!
You're very welcome!

Old 04-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #89
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babeydoll02 View Post

Id keep trying even while your there BUT if you cant get dinner you can always walk in for lunch but I would advise lining up about 1030 the lines move somewhat quickly tho..

Lunch is very good.. Plus you get to see the inside and can walk around to the other dining rooms..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #90
babeydoll02
Earning My Ears

We r hoping to get in line and go to lunch if we can't get dinner ressies. I hear the whole thing is great. I'm so excited!!
babeydoll02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
be our guest, be our guest restaurant, bog

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: