Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #46
Windjammermay
Earning My Ears

Has the bus boarding changed. I am in a Q6000z. Do we still load first and off last. ANd are we suppose to wait in the lines at the park with the rest of the people to load onto the bus.
Windjammermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #47
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

You will have no problems getting a 6000z onto the bus, unless you have specialty equipment that makes it super long (I am thinking permanently elevated leg rests or something, not something small like a vent).

The changes in boarding only applies to devices that are longer than the ADA prescribes. I know your chair is fine as I have the Quantum 600 and our chairs are roughly the same size.

As to who boards first - that depends entirely on which line you are talking about. I have heard some resorts have created wheelchair accessible lines which you wait in until a certain point. I am not sure which places still use these. Also, I think some of the lines require you to be able to manipulate a gate on your own (to exit the line to wait where wheelchairs do), so if you are traveling alone, this may be a concern. Hopefully others can chime in on this one, since I haven't been to WDW since the changes.

When your bus pulls up, whether you waited in a line before that or not, you should board first, for safety reasons. You will exit last. Wheelchairs board in the center door of the buses, while walkies board in the front door. Depending on the size and make up of your party, they may board with you in the center door or go through the front door. Most buses are newer ramp buses, which are SO much easier. Some of the older buses are lift buses.

Hope this helps some. I am not sure about exactly how the line thing is working now, so hopefully others here have some more answers.

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
KPeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #48
Windjammermay
Earning My Ears

This will be my 5th year going to DWD. Last year I was at the Magic Kindom and it was late so you know the lines were long. I was told to stay in the line with the rest of the people and not use the HP boarding line.

They told me that we are to use the regualar line to board. I had my own chair with me. I just wondered if they had a new way of boarding. Use in chairs to wait in the line or go to the HP line like before.

I must say that my Q6000z is a perfect fit for every thing. I had no problems with the rides or transprotation. The big coaches gave me a little trouble. I just had to manuver more to get on.
Windjammermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #49
kimsuenew
DIS Veteran

Thank you for such an informative thread!

kimsuenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:46 AM   #50
MikeS.
I LUV HH

Any changes on this in the last 16 months?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: