Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

Is anyone else a little ticked off by Fastpass+?

I'm a little ticked off about Disney's Fastpass+ and ADR-does anyone else feel the same way?

I'm just going to say now that this is the first time that I have been mad at Disney-not unforgivably mad, but rather like 'really? You're going to ruin my vacation for THIS?!-it's their new wristband and ADR stuff.
I like taking in the atmosphere of Disney dining, and having your food already prepared by the time you get there just doesn't work; you don't have the time to take it all in. I already know that we have missed out on certain places (chef Mickey's) as far as 4 months before because of their grand early booking.
And with the Fastpass and all that, we like to play it how we feel-what park we want to go to. If we are restricted to a certain park by having preplanned fastpasses, we can't change our mind. We like to park hop-and often times we end up going to a different park just because its how we feel. We just go with the flow, and I feel like having to be on a strict schedule is going to take the magic out of WDW.
I'm never mad at Disney. But I feel strongly about this. I miss you, Mr. Walt.

Is there anyone else who feel this way as well, or is it just me?
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you back up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball." — The Marauders’ Map

Offsite @ DL Feb 2000 offsite DL Aug. 2000 AKL Jan 2002 OKW Oct 2002 & MNSSHP POR/GF castle view May 2004 DL/SW offsite May 2005 Disney Magic Mar. 2006 Home @ Poly Sept. 2006/2007 + MNSSHP DL offsite Dec. 2008 Disney Wonder & MNSSHP Oct. 2009 POR May 2011 Disney Dream May/June 2012 & WWOHP Royal @ POR May 2013
disneyanney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
PlutotheGreat
"You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far."

Yes and no. ADRs never really bothered me too much. The wristband idea I actually like a lot. Personally I think it will be easier for me to keep track if something in my wrist than a card. FP+, however, I'm not looking forward to. I don't like the idea of having to plan attractions in addition to meals. Plus out family can easily go through two or three Fastpasses per day, so being limited to only three is a major drawback.

We're the same as you with park hopping. Rarely do we visit one park for one day and were always changing our minds, so having to be at a specific park for a specific ride would be a pain.
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
Experiment113
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyanney
I'm a little ticked off about Disney's Fastpass+ and ADR-does anyone else feel the same way?

I'm just going to say now that this is the first time that I have been mad at Disney-not unforgivably mad, but rather like 'really? You're going to ruin my vacation for THIS?!-it's their new wristband and ADR stuff.
I like taking in the atmosphere of Disney dining, and having your food already prepared by the time you get there just doesn't work; you don't have the time to take it all in. I already know that we have missed out on certain places (chef Mickey's) as far as 4 months before because of their grand early booking.
And with the Fastpass and all that, we like to play it how we feel-what park we want to go to. If we are restricted to a certain park by having preplanned fastpasses, we can't change our mind. We like to park hop-and often times we end up going to a different park just because its how we feel. We just go with the flow, and I feel like having to be on a strict schedule is going to take the magic out of WDW.
I'm never mad at Disney. But I feel strongly about this. I miss you, Mr. Walt.

Is there anyone else who feel this way as well, or is it just me?
My mom said you can choose if u want wristbands or normal Fastpasses. Idk.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
Orreed
Olivia

I'm not a big fan, but we'll have to see. I like that they give you the choice to change you're time slot. I just am going to miss the spontaneity. Espically considering park hopping. I am not sure but I think after Fastpass+ is established they will take away the fastpasses we know. If they have both options I'm fine with Fastpass+.
Orreed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
dizsophie
Walk a mile in your enemies shoes. Then, you'll be a mile away from them, AND you'll have their shoes!

YESS!! I'm kinda scared that I won't be able to do fastpass anymore cuz my family doesn't really decide what rides we want to do until that day.

Trips: 1998: offsite, Feb. 2000:Contemp, May 2001:YC, July 2002: Poly., March 2003:GFLO/Boardwalk, March 2004:???, March 2005:???, Nov. 2006:WL, July 2008:YC, July 2010: Poly, July 2011:V@WL, July 2012:BLT, October 2012: Poly, March 2013: Offsite, May 2013: WL, July 2013: WL, September 2013: Poly, December 2013:Poly, June 2014: Contemp

ME (14), MOM, BEN (17), DAD
dizsophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
PrincessTori96
Disney Princess

I understand this completely! I'm an annual Passholder, and I go every weekend with my family. But now with the fastpass+ brought in we've been facing difficulty with the main gates- having to go through the turnstiles and our tickets are not recognized. The food preparation has been quicker since most of the food has been prepared for resort guests. However, the fastpass machines are going to be extinct soon, leaving my family to wait in the 2 hour lines, which seriously isn't ok. I hope Disney realizes how many local annual passholders they will loose if they fully puts this fastpass+ into full effect.

How can you read this? It doesn't have any pictures!
I'm just a princess enjoying my adventures through Walt Disney World every weekend...
PrincessTori96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
AVDisney
WDW Young Vet

I know how you feel!!! I miss the old Disney World from when I was a little kid!!! Bringing Starbucks into the MK?! Allowing alcohol in the MK at Be Our Guest?! I know Walt would've never wanted it like this!!!
Animal Kindgom Lodge (2007)
Boardwalk (2009)
Polynesian (Jan. 2011)
Beach Club (June 2013)

My first trip to Disneyland/Grand Californian! (March 2014)

Think of all the joy you'll find when you leave the world behind and bid your cares goodbye...

AVDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #8
pattibehan
Mouseketeer

You will still have the option of the old paper FPs...they are not going away !!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Me(54)DH(53)DS(17)DS(16)

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010(two trips), 2011 (three trips), 2012(three trips) 2013(two down, \one to go)
pattibehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
GryffindorJedi3414
Earning My Ears

Am really frustr8td about FPplus. dining reservations i can live with, but reserving RIDES??!?!? COME ON, PEOPLE!!! (no offense meant) Think its really weird.
Hoping it will not be permanent.
GryffindorJedi3414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
KittyyKattyy
**Mythical Beast**

I don't like the wristband system. And I really don't like FP+. I feel like the wristband would get hot and sweaty if you go to WDW during the summer, and if you use FP+ you have to wait in really long lines for the rides you didn't choose!

KittyyKattyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
broadwaylindsey
Earning My Ears

I heard that the wristbands are going to come in different colors and to purchase separately designed wristbands and charms to put on them! And since they are like heavy duty rubber they'd be a souvenir disney bracelet! But i do know what you mean about the FP+ because you only get three per DAY. Not even per park.
broadwaylindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #12
Darkwing Duck
DIS Veteran

I consider myself a "Disney Lifer" ...meaning I've loved Disney all my life, I go every year since the age of 2 and this fastpass+ thing I think is just stupid. If it aint broke don't fix it. Sometimes it seems like Disney makes changes just to make changes. Maybe I will be wrong and this wont be such a bad thing, but as of right now I'm not looking forward to it
Old 04-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #13
abidale
DIS Veteran

I'm not looking forward to it...so many places for things to go wrong! What if your account doesn't connect to your reservation and the rides don't reserve, or you miss your ride reservation, or you don't get the ones you want? And it takes away Park Hopping? I don't really get that. I love the spontaneity of doing whatever you want whenever you want--that's part of what makes Disney, Disney. And only 3 a day? If you play your cards right you can end up with twice that!
abidale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #14
SparklesCupcake
"Fantasy and reality often overlap." ~Walt Disney

The last time I went to Disney in December (2012) we were picked to test FP+. It was kind of a pain in the butt to try and figure out which rides to do and at what time (because there were certain groups you could pick out of and you could only pick one or two rides from a group) but it was actually kind of nice. We didn't have to worry about running over to get a FP before they were out or at a time we didn't want (we usually go to the parks in the afternoons and evenings, so sometimes they can be hard to come by). As with most of what I see, we park hop too, wherever we feel like. However, since we've been there so many times, sometimes we just wander around a park aimlessly and don't end up doing much of anything. The FP+ made it easy to decide what to do and where to go since it was already scheduled.
I'm not really sure what all this is about the meals being prepared by the time you get there..? Obviously buffets, but I've never heard of anything else of that sort. I could understand the reasoning behind it though, with so many guests to get in and out, it would not only save time on the restaurants' part, but the guests' as well. I love the attention to detail in the restaurants, but sometimes I just want food and then to be on my merry way, so I can see it both ways.
I, however, LOVE the new system Disney is putting in. It was super nice to just keep my card in my wallet and then just touch it to the room door and whatever else I needed it for. I can see how it kind of messes up some of the things we know and love about Disney, but I can also understand the company's want to provide convince and efficiency for the guests.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #15
abidale
DIS Veteran

Wait, question: Are you still allowed to park hop with Fastpass+? I heard you couldn't park hop anymore, and I'm really hoping that's not true...
abidale is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: