Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
luapgib
Mouseketeer

Port Canaveral Webcam question

My wife and I will be going solo this trip
Where can we stand so that we can wave at the webcam so that the kids can see us? will it be hard to get close to the railing or will it be crowded? I think they would be so excited to see us on the computer.
luapgib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

Stand at the railing on the starboard(right) side on deck 12. You shouldn't have any problem getting a spot as most people watch the sail away party. You just need to realize that the ships move so smoothly from port that you may not even realize you are underway so you want to be up there waiting.
Stitch'sCousin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

see "webcam waves" on the webcam site

http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/wave.html

"Webcam "waves" are a fun way to say goodbye to friends and family back home as you embark on an exciting vacation afloat.

Our webcam is located at Fishlips Waterfront Bar & Grill (see photo above) so be sure to wave as your ship approaches and passes Fishlips. If you are staying in the area for a pre-cruise vacation or overnight, please consider Fishlips as a venue for your happy hour cocktail, Meet-n-Greet or evening meal. Perfect for watching other ships leave port.

We take control of our HDTV camera and zoom in on "wavers" during our live Internet broadcasts. If you would like to be featured, please stand on the top deck(s) next to the starboard side railings. No guarantees but we regularly zoom in on those areas and if we see people waving vigorously, they might just get their 15 seconds of fame! If you are wearing brightly colored clothing, dancing a jig or waving a flag/banner... even better!

If you do bring a banner, make sure you also bring something (rope or tape) to secure it to the railings... it can be windy!
We do now have loaner banners available at Port Canaveral. Please contact us so we can arrange for pickup.

Still image captures from every sail-away can be viewed later through our webcam archive: PortFever.com

Hi-res photography is not currently available but we are recording video for most sail-aways, starting in April 2012. Those sail-away videos can be reviewed and purchased (digital download) from here (InletPhotos.com).
"

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

This is great information. Thank you, Capt BJ!

Thanks to the OP for asking. DH and I will be sailing without DD in September and she would love to see us on the webcam!

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

Unhappy

We had been watching all the webcam waves for a long time and thought we would like to do this on our last cruise. I went to a lot of trouble, informing the webcam site on the date, ship and where we would be standing. We bought 2 large flags (England and Union Jack) and took tape to stick them to the side so they wouldnt blow up in the wind (as we were advised). There were 5 of us in our party and i was the one to keep a lookout for when the ship started moving as yes i agree that if you are not watching you cannot feel the ship moving. We had a lot of friends and family back home poised at their computers, waiting to 'wave' to us. We waved like mad but i am afraid after all this planning there was no sight of us. . Maybe we will have better luck next time
Old 04-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
JustUs275
Mouseketeer

Our (then) 4 yr old granddaughter was at home watching the web cam when we sailed last year...we did have on bright colored shirts and were on our cell phones, waving vigorously! I'm sure we were quite the sight - but she was squealing with excitement when the camera actually fixed on us for several seconds and she saw us waving, then they panned and then fixed on our area again! Now she and her parents will be sailing with us next month I have the webcam pulled up right now...love watching the ships sail away on Sunday afternoons - thanks for providing this! We also have a tradition of dinner at Fish Lips the night before our cruise - see you next month!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: