Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #1471
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran
 
momto3gr8boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 2,148

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhk617 View Post
If they have the discount for hotels do they ever combine with free dining?
No. The hotels are actually the one paying for FD, so they can't double discount.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Christine DWDS(18) DS(16)DS(13)Picasso








*******************************************
momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #1472
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
I'm starting to lose hope. I wish they would stop ****in' around. At least give us a discount so I can save some $$ on my trip. Wouldn't be fair to wait till just a few months out from sept. here's another hint why I think FD has gone to the wayside. They changed advance dining reservations to 180 days out. Few years ago? And a few years ago they offered FD right around 180 days out from the fall. So people can make reservations.
Don't lose hope! Discounts have no correlation to the 180 day window. For instance, for my Oct. trip last year had an ADR date of April 29. The deals for October don't come out until July. The summer offer just came out. Late summer will be next. There is absolutely no reason for them not to offer some type of discount for their slowest season of the year. Last year's late summer offer was released unusually early. There is no reason to panic, and certainly no reason for using foul language. They do not owe anyone a discount. The best thing one can do is book what they can afford or feel comfotable with, and if a discount comes out, just consider it a bonus.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #1473
4butlers
DIS Veteran
 
4butlers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 653

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

Don't lose hope! Discounts have no correlation to the 180 day window. For instance, for my Oct. trip last year had an ADR date of April 29. The deals for October don't come out until July. The summer offer just came out. Late summer will be next. There is absolutely no reason for them not to offer some type of discount for their slowest season of the year. Last year's late summer offer was released unusually early. There is no reason to panic, and certainly no reason for using foul language. They do not owe anyone a discount. The best thing one can do is book what they can afford or feel comfotable with, and if a discount comes out, just consider it a bonus.
I totally agree with this! I think a lot of people are getting confused between the late summer/early fall discounts and the late fall discounts. They JUST released the summer discounts. We are still on track for some kind of late summer/early fall discount, and then comes late fall- which is normally released in July.
__________________
Me & DH, DD, DS

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
4butlers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #1474
micknpluto
DIS Veteran
 
micknpluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 1,985

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

Don't lose hope! Discounts have no correlation to the 180 day window. For instance, for my Oct. trip last year had an ADR date of April 29. The deals for October don't come out until July. The summer offer just came out. Late summer will be next. There is absolutely no reason for them not to offer some type of discount for their slowest season of the year. Last year's late summer offer was released unusually early. There is no reason to panic, and certainly no reason for using foul language. They do not owe anyone a discount. The best thing one can do is book what they can afford or feel comfotable with, and if a discount comes out, just consider it a bonus.
I didn't use foul language. It's just frustrating when people count on things like free dining to afford a trip to WDW. We shall see what happens over the next few weeks. If nothing. I always have a choice of vacationing someplace else. We all have that choice.
__________________
Chris
micknpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #1475
micknpluto
DIS Veteran
 
micknpluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 1,985

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4butlers View Post

I totally agree with this! I think a lot of people are getting confused between the late summer/early fall discounts and the late fall discounts. They JUST released the summer discounts. We are still on track for some kind of late summer/early fall discount, and then comes late fall- which is normally released in July.
Hope it's soon. I just edited this post. I miss read it.
__________________
Chris
micknpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #1476
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer
 
mouserrificmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 219

I am among those hoping and wishing for the free dining that we've grown to expect this time of year, and truly think we will see some sort of discount stretching into September very soon. Free dining would be the best discount for our family, but I will appreciate ANY thing that shaves anything off of our already priced and budgeted vacation.

As far as timing, I would think it would be BETTER for Disney to announce free dining well after the 180 day marks have passed - remember, for the powers that be making those decisions, it is a financial one. The 'loss' realized by offering free dining will be LESS significant when the 'prime' restaurants are already booked and 'free' diners are then left to use their credits on less expensive options. Just my two cents

Keep on wishing on that 2nd star to the right! I am sure Mickey has something Fantasmic up his sleeve for all of us!
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #1477
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
I didn't use foul language. It's just frustrating when people count on things like free dining to afford a trip to WDW. We shall see what happens over the next few weeks. If nothing. I always have a choice of vacationing someplace else. We all have that choice.
Well, you used a word that was "*"ed out, so I assumed it was a foul word. If I was incorrect in my assumption, then I apologize. No one should ever count on a discount being offered. That can lead to major disappointment. Everyone should have a backup plan.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #1478
micknpluto
DIS Veteran
 
micknpluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 1,985

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

Well, you used a word that was "*"ed out, so I assumed it was a foul word. If I was incorrect in my assumption, then I apologize. No one should ever count on a discount being offered. That can lead to major disappointment. Everyone should have a backup plan.
I blocked it myself. Wasn't sure if it would offend anyone.
__________________
Chris
micknpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #1479
micknpluto
DIS Veteran
 
micknpluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 1,985

I understand we shouldn't count on anything. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels the way I do. Sorry for complaining
__________________
Chris
micknpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #1480
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
I understand we shouldn't count on anything. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels the way I do. Sorry for complaining
No need to be sorry. Just hang in there a little while longer. You know what they say... good things come to those who wait.

Good luck to everyone waiting! Hoping for October free dining myself. It's gonna be a lllooonnnggg summer for me.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #1481
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran
 
momto2inKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,987

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

No need to be sorry. Just hang in there a little while longer. You know what they say... good things come to those who wait.

Good luck to everyone waiting! Hoping for October free dining myself. It's gonna be a lllooonnnggg summer for me.
I'm right there with ya! We are booked Halloween week at the moment. Can't wait to see what kind of deal they'll put out for that time frame.
__________________
Jamie

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
momto2inKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #1482
Fenwar
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
No need to be sorry. Just hang in there a little while longer. You know what they say... good things come to those who wait.

Good luck to everyone waiting! Hoping for October free dining myself. It's gonna be a lllooonnnggg summer for me.
Will you guys stop fighting already (lol).
Fenwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #1483
Mckymousefn
DIS Veteran
 
Mckymousefn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Romeoville, IL
Posts: 1,254

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

Don't lose hope! Discounts have no correlation to the 180 day window. For instance, for my Oct. trip last year had an ADR date of April 29. The deals for October don't come out until July. The summer offer just came out. Late summer will be next. There is absolutely no reason for them not to offer some type of discount for their slowest season of the year. Last year's late summer offer was released unusually early. There is no reason to panic, and certainly no reason for using foul language. They do not owe anyone a discount. The best thing one can do is book what they can afford or feel comfotable with, and if a discount comes out, just consider it a bonus.
I agree with you.... people should book what they can afford and if a discount comes out during the time your going, adjust your trip accordingly (upgrade hotel, add dining, ect)! Any discount they offer while I'm there will be great, but some people expect them to offer them like it's owed to them. I'm sitting here waiting like everyone else. Discounts are great, but if one really wants to go you should plan your trip as though you won't be getting one.
__________________
Rob , Michele , Ryan (18) , Matt (16) & Hayley (14)




Mckymousefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #1484
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,892

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
I blocked it myself. Wasn't sure if it would offend anyone.
I wouldn't be offended, but just so you know, to the Moderators the *** are the same thing as saying the words. And can get you points if they want. Best just to clean things up a bit!
__________________
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #1485
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwar View Post
Will you guys stop fighting already (lol).
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: