Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #151
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Very true but it's more likely on the ground floor than it is on upper floors, especially the third floor where there is one. But we also prefer it for the peace as you said. One thing I hate about mods is the people walking by the windows all the time. We felt compelled to keep the blinds shut all the time, which negates any view you may have requested or paid for.
My wife likes the top floor rooms. We have had that request honoured every trip to WDW so I can't really say if there is noise on the lower levels. Your post got me thinking about people walking by the windows. Our last stay at CSR we had a great room on the 4th floor of Casitas 4 with a fantastic lagoon view. We were there for 14 nights and after thinking about it, I bet I didn't see more than one or two groups of people pass our windows in 14 days. My guess is that they don't get a lot of requests for the 4th floor and fill those rooms up last. Also probably have fewer people willing to pay for a water view so the rooms up there on that side fill last.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #152
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I just priced out Business Class King vs. Standard King Room at CSR and its almost $450 more for the Business Class route. Does anyone think its worth the extra cost? The benefits to me are the location and food to save on some DDP credits, but I think I can probably make out better if I bought food than got it at the lounge. Tough decision! Is the added cost justified for those who have stayed?
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #153
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just priced out Business Class King vs. Standard King Room at CSR and its almost $450 more for the Business Class route. Does anyone think its worth the extra cost? The benefits to me are the location and food to save on some DDP credits, but I think I can probably make out better if I bought food than got it at the lounge. Tough decision! Is the added cost justified for those who have stayed?
I can't say as I got it using my CM discount.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #154
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
$450 for how many nights? We usually do a Garden Grocer order which gives us the same breakfast offerings for less. Cabanas 9B is a great location. It's our second favorite location at CSR. We prefer Casitas 4. However you can only request other locations you can pay to guarantee the Cabanas 9B location. It is appealing to know where you will be staying and be able to plan around it. I'm still on the fence. I'd say there is a 50% chance at this point we will pay for Business Class at CSR next trip.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #155
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
$450 for how many nights? We usually do a Garden Grocer order which gives us the same breakfast offerings for less. Cabanas 9B is a great location. It's our second favorite location at CSR. We prefer Casitas 4. However you can only request other locations you can pay to guarantee the Cabanas 9B location. It is appealing to know where you will be staying and be able to plan around it. I'm still on the fence. I'd say there is a 50% chance at this point we will pay for Business Class at CSR next trip.
About $450 for 8 nights. I've considered Garden Grocer but I don't know that we'd order enough to meet the minimum. Looks like we both have tough decisions ahead
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #156
vikster1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoisal View Post
Is the lounge located on the ground floor? Also - how many floors does 9b have? Do you think a high floor or ground level floor is a better location? Any noise from overhead in the ground level rooms?
The lounge is located on the first floor. It is the size of 4 rooms. It is some couches, tables and chairs and some sitting chairs. Two tv's, which you can request a channel. It also has a computer/desk.

9B is 2 floors.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #157
vikster1
Mouseketeer

breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
How many rooms are located in business class and do they replenish the breakfast offerings? Do you have to there when it first opens in order to get breakfast?
Breakfast offerings were replenished immediately.
Choices included:
Kelloggs' cereals
Bagels--toaster
fresh whole fruit- bananas, oranges and apples
Cut fruit- melon, pineapple and berry mix
Mango yogurt made on the property. Dh raved about it.
Granola
Packaged dannon yogurt
milk/ OJ/coffee/tea

In addition these were rotated daily for our stay was cinnabuns/ muffins(choc chip, blueberry, cranberry,pistachio,corn,citris and plain) /fruit danishes
Old 04-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #158
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you were planning on booking a standard room, no. That's over $50 a day in amenities - depending on how many people are in your room, you may not get the full benefits of the lounge, especially with it being closed during the day. I booked it only for location, and wasn't worried about supplementing meals and I wasn't on a dining plan, so I wasn't trying to save credits. With the size of the lounge, I wonder how it will fare during peak season? I was there a few mornings when they were not replenishing food and it was around 8:30 a.m.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #159
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonZ View Post
If you were planning on booking a standard room, no. That's over $50 a day in amenities - depending on how many people are in your room, you may not get the full benefits of the lounge, especially with it being closed during the day. I booked it only for location, and wasn't worried about supplementing meals and I wasn't on a dining plan, so I wasn't trying to save credits. With the size of the lounge, I wonder how it will fare during peak season? I was there a few mornings when they were not replenishing food and it was around 8:30 a.m.
I think alot of people, especially CSR regulars will book Business Class just for the guaranteed location and consider whatever benefits they use from the lounge to be a bonus. We've stayed Club Level at HRH and RPR at Universal. I would say 75% of the time we grabbed stuff and took it back to the room. So the lounge size really didn't come into play.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #160
dssnerd
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

We just got back from Disneyworld on Saturday. Stayed in the Business Class and it was definitely worth every penny. We had breakfast every morning there.

The only drawback we encountered was the fact that it opened at 7:00am. This was an issue for us when we wanted to be at the park early for the Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom. The park opened at 8:00am that day and the bus trip to the park took approx. 20-25 minutes thus we had to rush thru breakfast that day.

We got our fill of breakfast (there were 4 of us) every day. And after a hard day at the park we were able to spend a few hours back in Business Class enjoying beers, wine, and snacks.

The staff there were excellent. Of note, we were doted upon by Kate, Ainsley, Sam, and Leah. All of them worked up in concierge for part of the time and in the Business Class the other half. They were always very attentive and kept me supplied with beer.

One last note, when we leave for the parks in the morning we always asked the CMs for bottles of water to take with us and they always obliged - no need to buy water at the park.
dssnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #161
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssnerd View Post
We just got back from Disneyworld on Saturday. Stayed in the Business Class and it was definitely worth every penny. We had breakfast every morning there.

The only drawback we encountered was the fact that it opened at 7:00am. This was an issue for us when we wanted to be at the park early for the Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom. The park opened at 8:00am that day and the bus trip to the park took approx. 20-25 minutes thus we had to rush thru breakfast that day.

We got our fill of breakfast (there were 4 of us) every day. And after a hard day at the park we were able to spend a few hours back in Business Class enjoying beers, wine, and snacks.

The staff there were excellent. Of note, we were doted upon by Kate, Ainsley, Sam, and Leah. All of them worked up in concierge for part of the time and in the Business Class the other half. They were always very attentive and kept me supplied with beer.

One last note, when we leave for the parks in the morning we always asked the CMs for bottles of water to take with us and they always obliged - no need to buy water at the park.
This is good to know...I drink water with my breakfast so it's nice to hear they will get some if you ask. We think business class will definitely be worth it for us too. I would never book CSR in a standard room again as we found it to be such a hike the last time we stayed. So when I priced out the difference between a preferred room and business class it was only $196 more for 7 nights - for us that was a no brainer. The location alone is worth it to us as we will be boiling in August and we will definitely take advantage of the lounge daily for the breakfast items and drinks/snacks in the evening...cannot wait

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #162
sunshinecruise
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am pretty sure the lounge is on the ground floor. We always ask for a high floor because I have heard stories of those little lizards slipping into rooms when the housekeepers have the doors popped open cleaning! Plus we like to be away from foot traffic.
LOL, we live in South Florida and we often find little lizards in our house. Our cats like to catch them. If we see a cat with a lizard, we quickly try to rescue the lizard and put it outside before the cat can finish it off!
sunshinecruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #163
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

What time can you start asking for beer and wine? At 5?

Did I understand right that they put out chips, dips, crackers cheese and fruit at 5 or is it 7?

Also did I read right you still pick up your packages at the gift shop?

Is your KTTK card gold like it is in other club levels?
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

Last edited by bluejasmine; 04-26-2013 at 01:44 PM.
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #164
Hasil72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine
What time can you start asking for beer and wine? At 5?

Did I understand right that they put out chips, dips, crackers cheese and fruit at 5 or is it 7?

Also did I read right you still pick up your packages at the gift shop?

Is your KTTK card gold like it is in other club levels?
We were there at Easter and snacks were out at opening at 5. Choc covered pretzels came out around 7. The beer/wine display will also be out and available at 5.

Package pickup was still at the gift shop.

Cards were the same blue as other CSR KTTW cards. Not gold.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:08 AM   #165
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

DH and I will be booking our stay for March 2014 in BC soon and had a question I haven't really seen the answer to..

What are the typical views from 9b ? Since we are staying for 11 nights I am hoping to get a good lake view..anything I should specifically ask for besides 2nd floor ?

Thanks in advance
Astylla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: