Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #1486
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Wow...I didn't even realize they made SPF of 100. I usually buy Banana Boat 60. I am going to grab me some tubes of 100 (for my pasty family)!
The ONLY place we were able to get it last year was Walmart here at home (couldn't even find it at the Orlando Walmart.....they had nothing beyond 60). And the SPF 100 went FAST. Glad I bought it early in the season.

Which reminds me....guess I should start stalking the health & beauty section on my weekly pilgrimage to Wally World and keep watch for their summer stock to arrive.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 04-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #1487
joshsmom
I baked a cake, put on respectable clothing, and I'm ringing the bell!
Has several really odd traits - typical DISer
I'm a blubbering, sentimental MESS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
The ONLY place we were able to get it last year was Walmart here at home (couldn't even find it at the Orlando Walmart.....they had nothing beyond 60). And the SPF 100 went FAST. Glad I bought it early in the season.

Which reminds me....guess I should start stalking the health & beauty section on my weekly pilgrimage to Wally World and keep watch for their summer stock to arrive.
Ours already has a HUGE display of sunscreen and other beach necessities!! We have already gotten our sunscreen because it DOES go fast!! Good luck to you!!! NOTHING worse than a sunburn in Disney!!
Summer 1989--Off property April 1990--Off property June 1993--Off property September 2001--ASMo April 2003--GKTW January 2004--ASMo May 2005--ASMo May 2006--ASMo May 2007--ASMo August 2008--ASMo May 2010--ASMo November 2010--Contemporary May 2012--ASMu August 2013--ASMo June 2014--ASMu March 2015 Disneyland! Camelot Inn
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #1488
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post

100 and higher are readily available in Texas. Want me to bring you some?

What's really funny is that I never got burned ever until I moved to Texas. The sun here is hardcore. I got burned about a month ago while I was working on the yard and it was only about 75 out.

I have to make sure I have a head covering of some kind too. I shave my head and getting burned on the top of the head is not pleasant at all.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip;Nov 2014 - Pop - MVMCP trip;Aug 2015 First DVC trip?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #1489
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsmom View Post
Ours already has a HUGE display of sunscreen and other beach necessities!! We have already gotten our sunscreen because it DOES go fast!! Good luck to you!!! NOTHING worse than a sunburn in Disney!!
Ack! Maybe I'd better get my buns movin' on that one then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
100 and higher are readily available in Texas. Want me to bring you some?
Sure . Shall we meet at Ghirardelli's in DTD? Sundaes are on me .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #1490
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

One thing that I'm sure many of us can relate to is constantly reviewing the plans for the trip.

On this trip we originally said we would do QS and no TS restaurants so we weren't constrained by ADR times and we could go with the flow.

Then we decided to do Chef Mickey's on our first night there. We're not going to a park that day and we'll need to eat so we figured that would be a cool way to start the trip. See Mickey and the gang right off the bat then wander over to the Poly for Wishes.

Then I got to thinking that we've done Chef Mickey's before and what you really go for is the experience and not the food. Maybe we should skip that and do something we haven't done, like Akerhus in Norway and have breakfast with the princesses. Since I couldn't make up my mind I made ADR's for both. Then my wife says "If we're going to do any TS restaurants we should just upgrade to the standard DP."

So now I've booked a morning ADR for P&D@H&V for our DHS day. I couldn't get a dinner BOG ADR but we're going to eat there for lunch at least once so I think that will be ok. I booked a dinner at Tony's for our last night at MK. We haven't eaten there so I thought I'd try it since we'll be in MK. Might move it to LTT though. Considering one of the character meals at PF for our off day. Maybe dinner with the stepsisters. I also booked a pre-RD Crystal Palace breakfast for our first day at MK. We've done CP before but never had a pre-RD ADR at MK. Might be cool.

The promising thing though is that even at 130 days out I'm able to get good times for ADRs to popular restaurants. That tells me that it's going to be very slow. It also bodes well for a decent promotion.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip;Nov 2014 - Pop - MVMCP trip;Aug 2015 First DVC trip?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #1491
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
One thing that I'm sure many of us can relate to is constantly reviewing the plans for the trip.

On this trip we originally said we would do QS and no TS restaurants so we weren't constrained by ADR times and we could go with the flow.

Then we decided to do Chef Mickey's on our first night there. We're not going to a park that day and we'll need to eat so we figured that would be a cool way to start the trip. See Mickey and the gang right off the bat then wander over to the Poly for Wishes.

Then I got to thinking that we've done Chef Mickey's before and what you really go for is the experience and not the food. Maybe we should skip that and do something we haven't done, like Akerhus in Norway and have breakfast with the princesses. Since I couldn't make up my mind I made ADR's for both. Then my wife says "If we're going to do any TS restaurants we should just upgrade to the standard DP."

So now I've booked a morning ADR for P&D@H&V for our DHS day. I couldn't get a dinner BOG ADR but we're going to eat there for lunch at least once so I think that will be ok. I booked a dinner at Tony's for our last night at MK. We haven't eaten there so I thought I'd try it since we'll be in MK. Might move it to LTT though. Considering one of the character meals at PF for our off day. Maybe dinner with the stepsisters. I also booked a pre-RD Crystal Palace breakfast for our first day at MK. We've done CP before but never had a pre-RD ADR at MK. Might be cool.

The promising thing though is that even at 130 days out I'm able to get good times for ADRs to popular restaurants. That tells me that it's going to be very slow. It also bodes well for a decent promotion.
Glad you got some ADRs this far out! Sounds like you had choices and some good ones at that. Brekie before Rope Drop at the Magic Kingdom sounds really sweet, I am wishing I had done that too!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #1492
thetorit
Mouseketeer

QOTD!

What is your favorite attraction in each park? Or if you haven't been, which attraction are you most looking forward to?

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
Old 04-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #1493
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetorit View Post
QOTD!

What is your favorite attraction in each park? Or if you haven't been, which attraction are you most looking forward to?
MK - HM
AK - EE
HS - RnR
Epcot - Tie between Spaceship Earth and Maelstrom
Old 04-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #1494
Loreli
Mouseketeer

As she reads over my shoulder DD9 says she wants to ride EE in AK "baaaaadly"
I want to chill in the Tiki Room and ride ToT. Kali River Rapids sounds soo fun. In EP, I am thinking of every country more than the rides.
Mom was thrilled to read that Caption EO is still running...hey I like the Tiki Room how can I complain?
Old 04-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #1495
joshsmom
I baked a cake, put on respectable clothing, and I'm ringing the bell!
Has several really odd traits - typical DISer
I'm a blubbering, sentimental MESS!!!

Quote:
QOTD!

MK--Haunted Mansion tied with Peoplemover
Epcot--Soarin'
DHS--Tie between ToT and TSM
AK--EE

I can't WAIT to go!! And by the way, I am going to have to hang out here more often. I am driving my son NUTS with constantly talking about our trip, and its still 115 days away!!!
Summer 1989--Off property April 1990--Off property June 1993--Off property September 2001--ASMo April 2003--GKTW January 2004--ASMo May 2005--ASMo May 2006--ASMo May 2007--ASMo August 2008--ASMo May 2010--ASMo November 2010--Contemporary May 2012--ASMu August 2013--ASMo June 2014--ASMu March 2015 Disneyland! Camelot Inn
Old 04-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #1496
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QOTD!

MK: Carousel of Progress
Epcot: Gran Fiesta Tour starring the Three Caballeros
HS: Disney Jr Live on Stage
Animal Kingdom: Festival of the Lion King

I am not a roller coaster person, so I generally like the kiddie rides!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu, HHI), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, CBR)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: Poly, OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: Vero (Done: HHI)
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Nov, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 04-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #1497
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QOTD!

EP - Soarin'
AK - EE
HS - ToT
MK - tough one as I love everything here, but Philharmagic is probably my favorite. Really looking forward to the new Beauty and the Beast area - lunch at BOG
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Old 04-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #1498
flnngn2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
QOTD!

MK: Space Mountain
AK: Expedition Everest
EP: Soarin
HS: Rock N Roller Coaster (although we are attempting TOT this time)
Old 04-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #1499
rabeck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
QOTD!

Not an easy question...

MK = Jungle Cruise (backside of water gets me every time)
EP = Soarin'
AK = Expedition Everest
HS = Tower of Terror
DL: too many to count 1988-1996, August 2012, planning July 2014
WDW: February 2001, March 2006, August 2013
Old 04-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #1500
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
QOTD!

Epcot - Test Track
HS - RnR
AK - Kilimanjaro Safari
MK - Main Street USA, nothing like riding the Horse Drawn Trolly with The Dapper Dans sing on the back, cruising down MS it's like your own town
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: