Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #31
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
We are on the Fantasy Eastern, sailing June 1st. Our DIS group is looking for a place to have a meet and greet just before the muster drill. Can you recommend a place that we could hang out for about 30 minutes?
Were thinking perhaps D Lounge....
We met on Deck 11 starboard side by the Donald pool on the 3/23/13 cruise. This worked for our group.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #32
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
We are on the Fantasy Eastern, sailing June 1st. Our DIS group is looking for a place to have a meet and greet just before the muster drill. Can you recommend a place that we could hang out for about 30 minutes?
Were thinking perhaps D Lounge....
On our cruise in September, all of the lounges were open and empty on embarkation day. I think the only one with a bartender was O'Gill's. Skyline or the British lounge - can't recall the name - would be nice, quiet places to meet.
DD and I saw the DIS cruise meet taking place in the Atrium at the Grand staircase.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #33
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Did they have the big BBQ waiting for you? The food is so good!!
No. Clayton the cruise director announced that because of the short amount of time at Castway Cay, there would be no food service. However, they did have snacks set up at Cookies (chips, fruit, cookies, sandwiches). Crew members ran off the ship to get things set up.

Cabanas did serve bbq ribs for lunch that day.

With just a short amount of time at Castway Cay, I would have been content with a day at sea; however, my wife loves Castway Cay, so even 2.5 hours on the island, made her happy.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #34
btjhayes
Mouseketeer

Someone on our meet thread called Disney and they reserved D Lounge for our meet and greet. I was shocked they would do this but I highly recommend it! It was nice since we had a lot of families!

Disney Dream 3/2014, Disney Fantasy 3/2013; Disney Dream 4/2011; Disney Wonder 9/2010

Pop Century 3/2013 & 3/2014; Port Orleans Riverside 4/2011; Caribbean Beach 3/2011 & 3/2009; WDW Swan 4/2009; Coronado Springs 7/2005; Offsite 5/2001; Contemporary 7/1976
btjhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #35
axfather
Mouseketeer

outside area of meridian is usually vacant at the start of

the cruise as a meeting place.
axfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #36
hilarys
Hilary S

Quote:
Originally Posted by btjhayes
Someone on our meet thread called Disney and they reserved D Lounge for our meet and greet. I was shocked they would do this but I highly recommend it! It was nice since we had a lot of families!
Was also on this sailing and D lounge was great - kids were able to play on the stage and started some great friendships that lasted all week.

Weather was great all week except for CC day. We did Nachi Coccum in Cozumel and would highly recommend it. Also did ruins tour in Costa Maya and liked that as well. We were with Dis friends so the kids were well occupied. DS 10 said it was his favorite excursion which is saying a lot as he loved Nachi.

We have previously sailed on the magic and wonder and the Fantasy blew us away. Only negative we saw were smaller pools and a few weird traffic flow issues. Th adult entertainment area was incredible (especially skyline lounge) as was Remy. Our service team and state room attendants were by far the best we have had on any cruise. My children were sobbing Friday night and Saturday morning when it came to an end.

The week started off with all of us very rattled and praying for the little boy, but in the end the wonderful Disney team did their best all week. We really appreciated that Captain Tom turned the ship around so we could get a few hours at Castaway.
hilarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #37
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

My family was also on this cruise and had a great time, who could complain about anything at all after a boy almost drowns before the ship even leave the port? We prayed for him all week and thought of him and his family often.

We went to Royal Palms in Grand Cayman, food service at tables was incredibly slow and pricey, would not do again.

Loved Tropicante and you can't beat a one hour massage for 25 bucks- that day was definitely a keeper. Call Steve to reserve, he was awesome.

Also appreciated Captain Tom going back for the 3rd try and finding success on Castaway Cay, my favorite port of all.

12 turning 13 on cruise Daughter absolutely loved the Edge and can't wait to go to Vibe when she's old enough. Really would not recommend going "up" in age to the other levels. We heard a couple of 13-14 year olds were getting the cold shoulder from the kids in Vibe and came back to Edge and had a great time.

Definitely get a day pass for $16 for Rainforest, totally worth it and SO enjoyable.

Also, participate in your Dis cruise meet and FE, it was all a lot of fun.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #38
west&east
DIS Veteran

My family was also on this cruise and we all absolutely loved it. The meet and greet on the first day was so great for both kids to meet in person the friends that they had begun to connect with online. It made a huge difference for my son and daughter each to meet those kids and make plans to meet up later in the kids club later. After that, they were off to the races for the best cruise ever.

I also was so impressed with our captain for getting us to CC. After making the announcement, sending out letters explaining the situation, and issuing new Navigators, I don't think anybody expected that we would actually go to CC for 3 hours. I think even the crew was surprised. It must have been a lot of work for them as well.

I plan on writing a full review over the next week. We upgraded the week prior to sailing to a cat V/ concierge level. We were totally spoiled with that experience. The ship overall did not disappoint and we cannot wait to return!

I'm happy to answer questions as well...

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #39
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btjhayes View Post
We even had a cast member at the door for the first 10 or 15 minutes too. I honestly didn't even notice when she disappeared.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #40
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwosie View Post
My family is on this sailor too!
Are you in our group?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #41
Weedy
DIS Veteran

Did you have any problem with customs at Port Canaveral because of the Sequester?
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #42
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy View Post
Did you have any problem with customs at Port Canaveral because of the Sequester?
Nope, tons of CBP folks there and smooth sailing.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #43
4newtocruise
Minnie, R.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btjhayes View Post
Do you know how it was reserved? Sounds like a great idea and would like to look into it for our June 15th cruise.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #44
cypressmom
Love my Disney vacations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
No. Clayton the cruise director announced that because of the short amount of time at Castway Cay, there would be no food service. However, they did have snacks set up at Cookies (chips, fruit, cookies, sandwiches). Crew members ran off the ship to get things set up.

Cabanas did serve bbq ribs for lunch that day.

With just a short amount of time at Castway Cay, I would have been content with a day at sea; however, my wife loves Castway Cay, so even 2.5 hours on the island, made her happy.

Mike
Do you know what happened to people who had booked the private cabanas? In this case, would they not be charged?

Disney World, 1986,1995, 2011 & 2014
Disneyland, 2001, 2007, 2010, 2011 & 2013
Disney Cruise Line, 2012 & 2014
cypressmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #45
west&east
DIS Veteran

All excursions, rentals, etc., were cancelled. The cabanas were not used. We walked down the beach towards the family cabanas and found Julia and Kamisha from the concierge staff playing on the beach in the cabana area. We were concierge so they recognized us and encouraged us to cross the rope. They told us that they arranged to let concierge guests use the cabana beach that afternoon since the cabanas were not in use. They encouraged us to come down, but we had already set up with friends. It was clear that the staff had little warning that we were returning to CC as Julia and Kamisha were in their concierge suits and dress shoes on the beach! They seemed to be trying to make the best of the situation on short notice!

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: