Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #16
herndonster
Earning My Ears

Hi! My fiance' and I are getting married in December hopefully at the Sunrise Terrace. Do you know the latest times in the day that they allow weddings there? Also could you give us any pointers that you wished you had known before hand? Thanks, Helen
herndonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #17
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

It depends on whether you're doing a Memories Collection event there or an Escape Collection.

Memories time slots are 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm

Escape time slots are 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:30 pm, 5:00 pm

Also, since this thread was started, I've created a page with tons of photos of Sunrise Terrace, if you're interested: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney...nrise-terrace/
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #18
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
All it means is that not too many people get married on Sunrise Terrace - which in my opinion makes it even *more* attractive! I haven't even had my Epcot wedding yet, but I'm already plotting a Sunrise Terrace vow renewal
Carrie! This is making me laugh!!
Because I think out of all the Memories locations at WDW, this is my favorite for our VR! The only problem is neither Eoghan or I have any personal connection to WL! In fact, we really don't like the decor at all. Though we do love Artist Point! LOL....

I'm hoping by the time 2019 rolls around, the options might change, AKL someplace would be fantastic! See what you can do, ok?

Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #19
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

It's making me laugh too! Guess I forgot about this post when I was planning our VR at Aulani. Oops!

Well if AKL isn't an option, I say go for Wilderness Lodge anyway (you know, cuz I plan to crash!). You don't have to even stay there—just so the vow renewal and meal there.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #20
JandJ
If I close my mind in fear . . . Please pry it open
I had a very productive day ... yesterday

Dang! I posted a lot of pictures way back in 2007

The pictures from lurkyloo really do capture it.

Our wedding at Sunrise Terrace was almost 8 years ago and a lot has changed. I will say everything about the location was perfect for us. It's quiet and peaceful and private on the Terrace - exactly what we wanted! The only thing I wish I had done differently was having our cake properly boxed up for each guest so they could take it to their hotel rooms. Lots of wasted cake as we didn't eat it (we saved the top, of course). I don't know if this has changed, but I wanted an aisle runner to walk on and they wouldn't allow it; said because there's not enough room with the Terrace being kind of "short." In the end I hardly noticed and it didn't make a difference to me. Taking photos in the lobby and on the grounds of the resort was wonderful! It's so beautiful there!

We were married at 3:00 pm - things really have changed because we had an "Intimate" ceremony, which is now called "Escape." It's a good time because at 11:30 am (or maybe it's at noon?) and at 5:00 pm they ring the bell and call everyone to eat at Whispering Canyon. Not something you really want to hear during your wedding!

All that I am or ever hope to be I owe to my angel Mother (1940 - 2005) Daddy's little girl (1933 - 2008)

Egypt, Mexico, Belize, Honduras, 7 Caribbean islands, England, France, Italy, Holland, Belgium, 12 states, DC - check! Where to next??
JandJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: