Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #1561
Meghatron
DIS Veteran
 
Meghatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,718

Anyone who was surprised by the sudden deadline for Champagne Girls and was hoping to sign up but didn't make the cut can take my spot. I now can't bring my MIL and SIL so I'd rather give up my space to someone who missed out. PM the event coordinator directly, please. First come, first served.

We are currently celebrating DD's birthday in Carthay Circle at DCA. I knew it would be good, but WOW. :D :D :D
__________________
Me DH DD (4) DS (1)
Disneyland Annual Passholder; eloped in Snow White's Grotto
Castaway Club Gold; miss having DCL in our backyard!


Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #1562
aan1701
DIS Veteran
 
aan1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Anyone who was surprised by the sudden deadline for Champagne Girls and was hoping to sign up but didn't make the cut can take my spot. I now can't bring my MIL and SIL so I'd rather give up my space to someone who missed out. PM the event coordinator directly, please. First come, first served.

We are currently celebrating DD's birthday in Carthay Circle at DCA. I knew it would be good, but WOW. :D :D :D
We went there for our anniversary in Oct. oh man I thought it was awesome.
__________________
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #1563
Meghatron
DIS Veteran
 
Meghatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post

We went there for our anniversary in Oct. oh man I thought it was awesome.
I'm not sure which was better, the food menu or the drink menu, LOL. And the WoC seating was great not because of the view, but all the extra space!
__________________
Me DH DD (4) DS (1)
Disneyland Annual Passholder; eloped in Snow White's Grotto
Castaway Club Gold; miss having DCL in our backyard!


Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:36 AM   #1564
aan1701
DIS Veteran
 
aan1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post

I'm not sure which was better, the food menu or the drink menu, LOL. And the WoC seating was great not because of the view, but all the extra space!
We did not stay for our WOC. Neither one if us like it much. No story line to it, though I will admit it is a wonder for the eyes, just doesn't flow well. The food I had was awesome. I'd never had duck till I had it there. The duck wings were incredible.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
__________________
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #1565
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer
 
granmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: N Yorkshire UK
Posts: 18,704

We did actually get to World of Colour last post PC cruise stay and thought it was absolutely amazing. But we wouldn't bother to go again just because it is all a bit of a pain. I know people who go time after time but I just couldn't face the hassle again. But for a first timer it is really quite a spectacle.

Well, we set off on our vacation in 18 days!!! Talk about stressed. The more I get things done though the more excited I become though.I did mean to be a few lbs lighter so I can enjoy putting them back on but I haven't managed that unfortunately.
__________________
Marilyn
Founding member of the Champagne Girls and the Geezer and GIT group.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #1566
houseofduck
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namsupak View Post
What times are you guys estimating for debarkation at the port and to the curb ready for pickup/transportation?
I am wondering about this too. I haven't made arrangements yet, but I was thinking that a very safe time would be 11am.

Does anyone know how often arrivals get delayed in LA?
houseofduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #1567
vakamalua
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 739

Champagne Girls

FYI: Champagne Girls meet closure

In January, I offered to coordinate a Champagne Girls meet and posted very clear instructions on the first page of this DISBoard thread: "Please post in the thread or PM me if you are interested in joining us."

Every couple of weeks, I posted sign-up reminders and an updated list of women who had posted or PMed me (pages 22, 57, 74).

I have been monitoring the sign-ups and when a few women PMed me this week, as the coordinator, I made the call that we had reached the maximum number of people that could be accommodated. Since this is a meet in a public lounge space, we have to be reasonable about the number attending. I have coordinated a CG meet like this on a past cruise and understand the limitations involved. Therefore, sign-ups have ended and the meet is closed.

It's come to my attention that some women put off contacting me; and there are others who thought they were "signing-up" on the Facebook page (despite the instructions on the first page of this thread). I am not a member of the Facebook group and no one there ever contacted me that members there were interested in CGs.

Again, the 5/9 CG meet that I've been coordinating is now full. Perhaps someone else on this thread or the Facebook group would like to choose another date and organize a second group for those that missed the sign-up notices in the last few months.
vakamalua is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #1568
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel
 
CarolAnnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 13,530

There is something I am having trouble wrapping my head around. Previous Champagne Girl groups have charged a fee collected in advance and included things like champagne, feather boas, etc. They have also reserved space via DCL prior to the cruise for their group alone.

I think I am missing something here - what is the point of "signing up" folks to meet in a space open to all cruise passengers, and if all are going to the bar (like other cruise passengers) in this public space?

Whether or not the Promenade has activities going on at the same time, it is a public area, not reserved by any one group. So theoretically can't anyone stop in and buy a drink during your meet?

If we compare the embarkation day meet at 3pm in the same location, there is no "sign up" and I for one have met people "outside" the DIS at some of those meets in the past.

I believe it is not in the spirit of the DIS to lay claim to a public area and shoo away anyone who wants to participate, specifically those who were unable to "sign up" in advance. What is the harm if someone wants to bring a relative or two, even at the last minute that day?

Please enlighten me, in case I am missing something here....
__________________
CarolAnnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #1569
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
 
ravensilverlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post
FYI: Champagne Girls meet closure
I think some of the confusion was that the post (from the original thread :
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47250653 post 1660 ) was copied and pasted directly on the FB group, as requested, exactly as it was. There wasn't any deadline in THAT post, and whenever the deadline/signup instructions were posted, that information wasn't carried over. It's a simple mix-up that seems to have resulted in some hurt feelings. I'm not blaming anyone, but I do know that hurt feelings are NOT what CG is about!

I understand both sides - we do need to keep from becoming a large, unwieldy "flash-mob" type group, but we also ARE meeting in a public space that will remain public while we're there.

There is discussion about a second meet, more casual in nature, for anyone who missed signing up, or has an unscheduled nap, or a kids' meltdown, and can't make it to the original meet. Details are still being worked out, I'm sure it'll be posted here at some point.

I think more is being made of it than needs to be...we are all going to be on vacation and shouldn't be stressing at all! Meet, don't meet, drink, don't drink, dress, don't dress...just enjoy your vacation! Just my 2¢.

And yes...in the interest of my own "dual citizenship" on FB and the DIS...this is a duplicate post in both places.
__________________

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #1570
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel
 
CarolAnnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 13,530

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
I think some of the confusion was that the post (from the original thread :
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47250653 post 1660 ) was copied and pasted directly on the FB group, as requested, exactly as it was. There wasn't any deadline in THAT post, and whenever the deadline/signup instructions were posted, that information wasn't carried over. It's a simple mix-up that seems to have resulted in some hurt feelings. I'm not blaming anyone, but I do know that hurt feelings are NOT what CG is about!

I understand both sides - we do need to keep from becoming a large, unwieldy "flash-mob" type group, but we also ARE meeting in a public space that will remain public while we're there.

There is discussion about a second meet, more casual in nature, for anyone who missed signing up, or has an unscheduled nap, or a kids' meltdown, and can't make it to the original meet. Details are still being worked out, I'm sure it'll be posted here at some point.

I think more is being made of it than needs to be...we are all going to be on vacation and shouldn't be stressing at all! Meet, don't meet, drink, don't drink, dress, don't dress...just enjoy your vacation! Just my 2¢.

And yes...in the interest of my own "dual citizenship" on FB and the DIS...this is a duplicate post in both places.
Perhaps you can answer - why is there a "deadline" and a "signup" to begin with?

The DIS typically has the embarkation meet and greet in the same Promenade Lounge (with far more people than this by the way) and there is never a signup nor a refusal to let anyone attend.

I see no reasonable explanation for this yet....
__________________
CarolAnnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #1571
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
 
ravensilverlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnnC View Post
Perhaps you can answer - why is there a "deadline" and a "signup" to begin with?

The DIS typically has the embarkation meet and greet in the same Promenade Lounge (with far more people than this by the way) and there is never a signup nor a refusal to let anyone attend.

I see no reasonable explanation for this yet....
Well...no, I can't. And to be honest, I don't recall it being expressed that there was a deadline, or a signup that would close. I may have missed it, we ARE over 100 pages in this thread, and a closed previous thread was even longer...but I actually thought the list was just of people who were interested, not necessarily that it was a closed event. Perhaps I misunderstood; it's certainly possible.
__________________

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #1572
neg58
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofduck View Post
I am wondering about this too. I haven't made arrangements yet, but I was thinking that a very safe time would be 11am.

Does anyone know how often arrivals get delayed in LA?
The next cruised is scheduled to head out on time, so their boarding PAT should begin at 11. I hope to be long gone from the port by 11 (hopefully around 8). If we're late, that's not something we can actually plan for and all the taxis and limos and shuttles will have to be rearranged.

I think we all have to assume that we'll get disembark starting around 7:30, just like other cruises.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #1573
aan1701
DIS Veteran
 
aan1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post



I think we all have to assume that we'll get disembark starting around 7:30, just like other cruises.

Nancy
Good luck with this. The Port If Los Angeles is very different than DCL home of Port Canaveral. After the May Hawaii cruise the ship was able to start disembarkation around 8:30. We got off at 9:30 and did not get down to the luggage area for about 30-45 more min. By the time we got our bags it was about 10:15. It is such a different process here.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
__________________
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #1574
DebbieOBX
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 149

I'm very sorry you mil and sil are unable to attend. : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Anyone who was surprised by the sudden deadline for Champagne Girls and was hoping to sign up but didn't make the cut can take my spot. I now can't bring my MIL and SIL so I'd rather give up my space to someone who missed out. PM the event coordinator directly, please. First come, first served.

We are currently celebrating DD's birthday in Carthay Circle at DCA. I knew it would be good, but WOW. :D :D :D
DebbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #1575
Brixton
Missing Maine, Substituting Mickey
 
Brixton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
Good luck with this. The Port If Los Angeles is very different than DCL home of Port Canaveral. After the May Hawaii cruise the ship was able to start disembarkation around 8:30. We got off at 9:30 and did not get down to the luggage area for about 30-45 more min. By the time we got our bags it was about 10:15. It is such a different process here.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
Exact same time frame for us last October on CA Coast cruise. We met our ride at curb, at 10.30. This is our first cruise with early/first seating, I was out-voted by DH & DDs! I hope it doesn't affect dismebarkation.
__________________

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: