Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
Nikisha421
i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disney Princess never grows too old for all things Disney...here's to Disney LOVE

Its time to start packing

We have a 10 month old coming along for the trip....it's a 3 day Dream how many diapers would you bring?

Nikisha421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
fmigali
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikisha421 View Post
We have a 10 month old coming along for the trip....it's a 3 day Dream how many diapers would you bring?
This is a great question. We leave next week for a 4-night Cruise on the Dream followed by 4-Days at Disney World. When we were trying to determine how many diapers we needed to pack, we took a look at the "Babies Travel Lite" web page. They indicate for a baby in Size 3 Diapers you would need 8-10 diapers per day. So we started paying attention to how many diapers we use at home and sure enough some days we used 6-8 and some days we use 8-10. So we are planning on 10 diapers per day, which should leave plenty of cushion if the kiddo get a little stomach bug, etc.
June 2008 Carnival Destiny - San Juan, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts
January 2009 Carnival Liberty - Cozumel, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman
January 2010 Carnival Spirit - Acapulco, Manzanillo, Ixtapa
April 2013 Disney Dream - Nassau, Castaway Key
fmigali is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
PWammy
Mouseketeer

My daughter was 7 months and still BFing on our first cruise. I was an RCL 3-night and we had a couple of days in Orlando afterwards, I had about 10 in my diaper bag/carry on and 20 in my suitcase (5 were the overnight type). She went on another one at 21 months, but was almost potty trained so we didn't need nearly as many. Our cabin steward was SUPER about emptying our trash throughout the day! Even with tossing them in plastic bags, you just don't want them laying around in the trash.
PWammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
Nikisha421
i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disney Princess never grows too old for all things Disney...here's to Disney LOVE

Thank you for the responses

Nikisha421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikisha421 View Post
I have had three kids. When traveling, I typically bring five diapers a day plus two. Somehow this formula works for me. I noticed that as we arrived home from our 7 day cruise I had exactly two diapers left.

The only time I purposely did not bring enough diapers on a vacation was when we went to Hawaii. I brought exactly 7 and went to the store and bought a package. But, the number of diapers were based on 5 a day and again I came home with just a few left. (Enough to feel comfortable if we needed one but not like we were carrying so much extra supplies).
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: