Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #16
erinsmom03
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoolie View Post
We are sailing in July on this cruise and will be booking excursions soon. Any recommendations based on what you did and what you heard from others?
I was on the Fantasy Western in February. Loved every second of the trip, even though we also had bad weather. We weren't able to go to Grand Cayman at all, even though Captain Marco tried valiantly to get us there; he even sailed to the other side of the island, hoping it would be less windy/choppy. I bet you won't have the same trouble in July, though!

We did the Dolphin swim at Dolphinaris in Cozumel. The facility was gorgeous and we all had a wonderful time (there were 3 kids (7 & 9) and 4 adults in our group. I totally recommend it, but be prepared in advance for expensive pics they sell at the end!

WDW offsite 1978 RCCL 1996 RCCL 1997 WDW offsite 1998 RCCL 1999
Poly 2008 Poly 2009 FQ/BC 2011 Poly/Fantasy Western Caribbean 2013
Cabana Bay/Universal/Magic Bahamas 2014

erinsmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #17
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

We are on the Fantasy Eastern, sailing June 1st. Our DIS group is looking for a place to have a meet and greet just before the muster drill. Can you recommend a place that we could hang out for about 30 minutes?
Were thinking perhaps D Lounge....
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #18
SnowWhite2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
We are on the Fantasy Eastern, sailing June 1st. Our DIS group is looking for a place to have a meet and greet just before the muster drill. Can you recommend a place that we could hang out for about 30 minutes?
If you want to be inside, the Vista Lounge on Deck 4 is a nice place to meet.

Sometimes the D Lounge is not open if an event is not scheduled.

December 28, 2014 NYE Magic
November 10, 2014 Dream double-dip
June 9, 2014 Alaska Wonder
December 28, 2013 NYE Fantasy
December 29, 2012 NYE Fantasy
December 29, 2011 NYE Dream
December 26, 2009 NYE Magic
December 20, 2008 Christmas Magic
February 2, 2008 Eastern Magic
February 3, 2007 Eastern Magic
April 15, 2006 Western Magic
February 2003 Eastern Magic
SnowWhite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #19
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite2 View Post
If you want to be inside, the Vista Lounge on Deck 4 is a nice place to meet.

Sometimes the D Lounge is not open if an event is not scheduled.
Perfect! Thank you!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #20
mdurette
DIS Veteran

We are heading out in a couple weeks on the Fantasy Western. Do you remember what movies they were showing in the theatre?
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #21
luvdisney24
DIS Veteran

Just got off the same cruise. I found the weather was perfect all week except Friday, Castaway Cay day. I have the tAn to prove it. :-). Very appreciative that the Captain gave it a second shot to get to CC in the afternoon. Over all a great cruise. Just sad for that little boy.
luvdisney24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #22
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavalynn2 View Post
Western. And sitting at the airport to go home.

Great time. Weather wasn't beautiful
Everyday. Didn't get to castaway until 2:30 and had to leave at 5:30.

Any questions?
I was on the cruise as well. Weather was only an issue on Friday morning. Otherwise, I thought the weather was great. Not too hot, but there was plenty of sunshine.

Crew did a great job setting up Castway Cay for such a short stop.

More to follow.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #23
Scillycruisers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY View Post
I booked an 11B GTY on the Fantasy for this October. I am a little apprehensive going to a bigger ship as our only experience was the Magic which seemed to be the perfect size for our family.

How was the magical porthole? Do you have children? Did they really get into it? What do you see at night through the magic porthole?

If you close the privacy curtain can you swing the TV behind the curtain so you can watch from bed? Our kids will go to be before us (sleeping on sofa and pull down) so I'm hoping to be able to watch tv.

How full was your sailing? Our TA just told me our ship is almost at capacity. Did you have a hard time getting seats at the pool? What about the shows at night? I've read here that you need to be there about an hour in advance if you want to sit with your family.

Thank you for your insight.
We have been on both and loved both.

Our sailing must have been close to full.

Fantasy is bigger and there are more people, but there are also more things to do. DS particularly loved the Goofy Golf (and we never had to queue to play) and he did the detective agency game 5 times! We rode the aquaduck before going ashore on a port day so no wait at all, and he loved the Aqua Lab which was also not busy, so not bothered that the pools were busy. And yes, the pools were busy, that said when DS went in there was always space on the side for one of us to sit and watch and at least a couple of chairs available for the rest of us to share.

Turned up at the theatre usually about 25 mins before show and always got seats together - there were 5 of us. Did have to ignore a couple of people who were trying to reserve whole rows to do this!!! So if you need a whole row, you will need to get their earlier!

Found the bars with the family shows on very busy, they had to put on a video feed to another bar for some of these. But these bars are quite small so if you want to see any of these earlier is best.

Don't know re magical porthole as we had a veranda.

Yes, the TV swings out so can put outside the curtain when it is closed.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #24
luvdisney24
DIS Veteran

We would walk into the show a few minutes before show time and never had trouble finding seats together.

Don't plan on watching too much TV unless you're into the sports and/or news: CNBC, BBC, FOX News, ESPN etc. They did also have ABC but it hardly ever worked.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #25
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran

wondering if they did anything special for Easter: easter dinner, characters in different customes, etc
srauchbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #26
luvdisney24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by srauchbauer View Post
wondering if they did anything special for Easter: easter dinner, characters in different customes, etc
They delivered small bags of Easter candy to the kids and small display outside of the dining room with candy to take. That was all that I saw.

They did have services. Catholic mass everyday including Easter Sunday and two other services on Sunday too.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #27
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
I was on the cruise as well. Weather was only an issue on Friday morning. Otherwise, I thought the weather was great. Not too hot, but there was plenty of sunshine.

Crew did a great job setting up Castway Cay for such a short stop.

More to follow.

Mike
Did they have the big BBQ waiting for you? The food is so good!!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #28
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdisney24 View Post
We would walk into the show a few minutes before show time and never had trouble finding seats together.

Don't plan on watching too much TV unless you're into the sports and/or news: CNBC, BBC, FOX News, ESPN etc. They did also have ABC but it hardly ever worked.
We primarily watched the movie channels last time (Pixar Movie, Classic Disney Movie, Disney Movies and new releases). Are these channels available on the Fantasy? If they are we will be all set.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #29
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY View Post

We primarily watched the movie channels last time (Pixar Movie, Classic Disney Movie, Disney Movies and new releases). Are these channels available on the Fantasy? If they are we will be all set.
Yes they are! And the movie channel functions as a DVR. We were able to pause the movies and then watch them later when we returned to our stateroom!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #30
wwwosie
Mom by Day - Disney Freak by Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
My family is on this sailor too!
wwwosie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: