Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #1036
pas130
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3092134

My mini TR
Old 04-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #1037
pas130
DIS Veteran

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I am going to attempt to catch up, I am at work...of course, but my YC trip is on shaky ground. RPR was wonderful, US/IoA was SO much fun...I am SO torn. Unfortunately the funds will not support a split stay...so for now I have both booked
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #1038
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
About the Nov. plan, I am just hoping that it all falls into place! Will need some pixie dust!
It will Jen!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Can I just say how much I adore my little princess? We're laying in bed cuddling, she's having her "bees" and looks at me and says " I go bye bye." So I asked where she's going and she says DISNEY! She's too much. This is a common exchange for us by the way. At least once a day. She's determined to get there.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sis TOO CUTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Wow!! And double wow!! No more GF AND Universal tied with WDW?? How can that be?
I am not feeling the YC love.....RPR was AHHHHHHHH (think Poly universal style......)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Glad you are having a fantabulous vacation!!!!!

Look at my ticker!!!!! EEEEEEK!!!!!
Thanks Candace, the weather was improving as we left. The temps are decent low 80s. We prefer swimming weather but for kiddos there were a handful swimming. It rained, but no lightning..and now we own HP ponchos....YOU ARE ALMOST SINGLE DIGITS LADY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Pas!! So happy you and Brian had a great time!! And YC will be fabulous in August!! And we WILL get to the Grand for Sarah and hopefully meet up with Sue. Love ya and safe travels home!
It was great to come home, but back to the grind....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette Love that you are having a great time at US! Why am I not surprised that you switched to YC from what I heard that is one great deal and you can take the kids over to SeaShore Sweets at BWI and your own private snacks in your room. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Oh YUMMY! Didn't even consider that...funnel cakes and pizza too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Pas-I am glad you are having a marvelous time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985 View Post
I already switched back to CSR from Pop. i figured if I was already prepping myself for hating Pop, I should just spend the extra $40 and switch back to CSR.
Pop rocks, and CSR looks nice...win-win either way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Glad you are having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I hope everyone is doing well. Things are their normal crazy around here, which includes JM getting suspended from school for a few days. If only those 157 days until we check into the BC could just fly by.

Luckily it's Friday, .and I have a 12 pack of Strawberry-ritas cooling in the fridge waiting for the DH to get home.
OH BOY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Jeanette: Glad you were able to also take advantage of that rate at YC!! And I am happy you and hubster had a nice couple of days. Hope you are refreshed and re-energized.
I am on a 24 hour shift today...so far, catching up with school...yep back to reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wanted to say "hello" to my favourite buncha gals.
I'll do a proper reply soon. Just wanted y'all to know I'm thinkin' of ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I just got a 40% pin for Universal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Good morning all fellow RCers!!

DD was miserable yesterday with diarreah, and although she seems better in that department, she's awfully crabby and whiny. It's going to be a long weekend...

No RC news although my TA did get ADRs set up. Most of them are what I wanted. O'Hana dinner is just a bit later than I wanted...8:00 at night...may have to tweak a few things if we decide to let DS do a pirate adventure cruise thing or if we do the Pirate and Pals Wishes cruise then...

Have a good day! DD is being her RH self right now and wants me...I'll be back later!
Hope she gets better soon!!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #1039
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Pas!! So happy you and Brian had a great time!! And YC will be fabulous in August!! And we WILL get to the Grand for Sarah and hopefully meet up with Sue. Love ya and safe travels home!
I am looking forward to it!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 04-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #1040
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Hello my RCer Family! I'm back from my BC trip, my Dad is still in the hospital - high acuity unit / one step down from ICU. His surgery seems to have been a success, but he has a long road to recovery ahead of him. We received more bad news Easter Sunday, my Grandma passed away. Let's say the last 5 weeks since Allan's accident have been a blur! It's been the month from hell, one we won't soon forget! Hopefully April brings not only May flowers, but New beginnings for us! One spot of happiness in the last month of chaos is I booked my leave from work for the DL DIVA trip next FEB 26-March 2! I also have the BEST roomie (our very own MinnieNana/ Christine ) also Linda will be there with her lovely daughter Jessica! I am looking forward to getting away for some much needed girl time!
My son is trying to weasel his way into my trip with his BFF.... He wants me to book him and his friend a offsite hotel and let them go do their own thing (they'll be 17&18) but I don't know how I feel about them being off site and on their own in LAX -- I'm staying at the GCH, and could book them a room near me, but this trip is for me to get away for some girl time. I just am not feeling like saving for extra people and bringing anyone else along -- I just want the DIS DIVA experience! I'm going to have a hard time saying no to my son, he's promising to pay for himself, and his BFF pay for himself, but really-- I just kind of want those 5 days with the ladies, to make new friends, strengthen new relationships and just be one of the Girls!

PIGLETS MOMMY: I am so thankful we are getting a great deal on our DIVA trip at the GRAND $200 per night is a steal! I wanted to stay at DLH, but the pricing onsite is crazy!! I will happily stay with the group deal onsite at the GCH (my second choice) to save hundreds of dollars! Onsite pricing without discounts is definitely

Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Diet Coke!!!
LINDA: DC is my one guilty pleasure! I have a hard time giving that up, I've tried many times -- but it's a lost cause!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL

Last edited by chimo2u; 04-06-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #1041
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Marie, my sweet friend...I am so sorry your grandmother has passed....what a month you've had. Thankful our dad is going to recover and pray it will be better than expected. Of course, Allan (and you) are tucked in my heart and unceasing prayer. Sending much love and a big, gentle hug.

The DL Diva trip is a light in a tunnel for me too! That airfare had better do so,e big dropping - or else!

I know it has to be difficult to say no to your son - it would change the trip for you and you'd be "mom" not just one of the girls. Whatever you decide, I support completely.

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 04-06-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #1042
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Diet Coke!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Marie, my sweet friend...I am so sorry your grandmother has passed....what a month you've had. Thankful our dad is going to recover and pray it will be better than expected. Of course, Allan (and you) are tucked in my heart and unceasing prayer. Sending much love and a big, gentle hug.

The DL Diva trip is a light in a tunnel for me too! That airfare had better do so,e big dropping - or else!

I know it has to be difficult to say no to your son - it would change the trip for you and you'd be "mom" not just one of the girls. Whatever you decide, I support completely.
Thanks so much my sweet friend, your support is a balm to my heart!
OH, and trust me -- if he DID come, he'd be in his OWN room with his friend, not infringing on our girl time! but, truly I am hoping DH can make staying home look tempting to him

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #1043
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Hello my RC family. I have gone MIA again after a busy and chaotic week. Lots of Steven issues

I was on the WDW site today pricing out a quick weekend in May but we decided against it. We are probably going to head to Busch Gardens when we visit my parents on the west coast of FL instead.

And lastly, as we have said so many times before... life is short. Make memories now while you can! You never know what tomorrow will bring. My cousin who was posting on Facebook last night and was fine had a stroke today and passed away. I am angry because he has been working in Miami off and on and we always seemed to miss each other. We didn't make the time to see each other and now we won't be able to.

So....BOOK THOSE TRIPS!!!!!

Hugs!!!!!
Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #1044
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, Melissa I am so sorry. How tragic... My love and prayer to your dear family.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #1045
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Hello my RC family. I have gone MIA again after a busy and chaotic week. Lots of Steven issues

I was on the WDW site today pricing out a quick weekend in May but we decided against it. We are probably going to head to Busch Gardens when we visit my parents on the west coast of FL instead.

And lastly, as we have said so many times before... life is short. Make memories now while you can! You never know what tomorrow will bring. My cousin who was posting on Facebook last night and was fine had a stroke today and passed away. I am angry because he has been working in Miami off and on and we always seemed to miss each other. We didn't make the time to see each other and now we won't be able to.

So....BOOK THOSE TRIPS!!!!!

Hugs!!!!!
Melissa

So so sorry to hear about your cousin Melissa, hugs to you and your family.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #1046
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Jeanette Welcome Back! A 24 hr shift How do you do it?

Marie Welcome Back! sorry to hear about your Grandma

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #1047
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

sis welcome back!!!!

melissa I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending lots of prayers and hugs your way.

Marie praying for you as well. Lots of love to you.

I decided against Universal. I read reviews of their CL last night at all three hotels and found lots of disparaging reports. Looks like we are sticking with all 5 nights in Disney.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #1048
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Melissa - so sorry for your loss...time is definitely short!

Marie - hopefully, the rest of Spring is full of good things, the sunshine after the rain so to speak.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

*hugs to all*
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #1049
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

On the change front... :-) Since I am determined to keep the CR deluxe room, I was playing with my ADRs last night, and actually talked through a revised plan with DH, so...hopefully my TA can make it happen. We will see...

But, we decided the kids wouldn't enjoy the dinner at O'Hana as much, and Narcoossee's was rather disappointing last year, so...some new additions include dinner at 1900 Park Fare (anyone done the Cinderella Happily Ever After dinner here?). Tony's Town Square (which we did a few years ago and actually liked despite some of the reviews I've seen). Also Coral Reef for lunch. No more Rose and Crown, Narcoosee's, or O'Hana for dinner.
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #1050
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Melissa & Marie ... thinking of you both.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: