Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #16
MissionMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm126 View Post
... Glad to hear that the problems encountered were really only at the resort...
Disney only wishes that was true. There is a list of incidents in the parks too.

Disney World - Magic Kingdom Entrance - Walk Around The World Brick Owner
Boardwalk Inn Photos
Typhoon Lagoon Photos
Wishes-Fireworks from PR & MK Photo Album - 30 Photos
Sea World and Marriott Rennaissance SW - Photo Album - 40+ Photos
Disney World Park and Deluxe Resort Photographs
MissionMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #17
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I am usually at WDW for at least some of the time that the PW kids are there. My first trip down in Dec, back in '03, I had no idea what I was doing. I booked AllStar Music for myself and my dd, then 10. We found out that the PW kids were there as well. Other than the food court being overly busy and crowded at normal times, and the buses being overly crowded and noisy later in the week, we didn't have any actual issues.
Now, I haven't stayed at the same resort as the kids again. But I have been in the parks with them. Early in the week isn't usually an issue, but as competitions go on, groups are eliminated and they tend to head to the parks later in the week, especially at night. And I have to believe that more and more families are choosing to go with their PW kids...perhaps they are getting really good group rates, because I have seen more and more large family groups in the parks at this time in recent years than I remember seeing over 5 yrs ago.
I am heading down again this Dec. And again, the PW kids will be there. If I see a large group of kids heading in the same direction I am? I usually go in the other direction now!!! They are usually well behaved, but some have been less so in recent years.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #18
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

In my experience,things have definitely gotten better the last few years.

Disney does try.

Last edited by WEDWDW; 04-06-2013 at 12:54 PM.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #19
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post

Disney does try.

The letter is from Pop Warner, not Disney. Seems like they are aware there is a problem. What should happen is teams who behave poorly should be eliminated if they have not yet competed and/or banned from the next several years of competing (1, 2, 3 years banned)? The ban should come from Pop Warner, not Disney as Disney has no control over the organization.

My only beef is the Pop Warner issue has placed a stereo type on all other cheerleaders such as all-stars.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #20
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post

Disney does try.

That's nice to see. I do think they are trying after the incidents of previous years.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #21
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Pop Warner is organized football for kids, like Little League is for baseball. They have national championships every year at WDW in December. You can read more about it here.
It's also competitive cheerleading.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #22
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran

I remember reading about how two different sets of people from 2 different teams got into a huge fight at the resort, damaged property, committed assault and battery, and were jailed.

I think they were banned from returning. I hope so anyway. To bad they have to get that worked up over a football game.
AJKMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #23
nkereina
Wendy Darling

That Pop Warner must be quite the money maker for Disney. After all the complaints, the bad reputation, and even damage that resorts have sustained, they keep renewing their contract with them
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #24
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

I remember staying at POR when our daughter was little and being overrun with the cheerleaders during their spring competition. The entire trip was miserable. The cheerleaders never stopped cheering. They were staying in the mansions, but they were practicing on every square inch of empty they could find. Plus they cheered on the boats, on the buses, in line for the buses, in the shops, in the lobby...............get the idea. Now we avoid Pop Warner & the UDA/UCA competition times too. We even had issues at the parks too because they walk in packs & never pay attention to where they're walking & were quite rude. JMHO!

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #25
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
That's nice to see. I do think they are trying after the incidents of previous years.
Yes,Disney put the letter from the PW Executive Director in all of the "PW rooms".

The 10:00 PM curfew is enforced by the Disney security at the PW Resorts in my experience.

I haven't heard of any major incidents since the one at Music several years ago.

Just as with the South American Tour Groups,PW provides too much revenue to turn away.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #26
KellyC0520
Earning My Ears

I've never been to WDW during PW, so I can't offer any feedback/advice, but when I read the letter from PW, I realized that we live about 5 minutes from their headquarters. . .never even knew it!!

(We'll be at POR from 11/29-12/8. Hopefully it won't be an issue for us, but I guess we'll see once they announce the hotels.)

Me DH DD(8) DD(5)
May 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2012 - POFQ
Nov./Dec. 2013 - POR
KellyC0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #27
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyC0520 View Post
(We'll be at POR from 11/29-12/8. Hopefully it won't be an issue for us, but I guess we'll see once they announce the hotels.)
You should be safe. They likely will not be at POR since it was newly refurbed, and you are leaving when they arrive. If my trip only coincided with one or two days at the beginning of Pop Warner or at the end, I wouldn't change resorts.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: