Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
USS Disney
Military Mouse

Online check in Pros and Cons?

Just wondering what the point of online check in is... Also is there a way to check in earlier than 3? Our flight arrives from hawaii at 6am so im gonna want a bed pretty fast after the long flight.

1997 DLR - 1ST VISIT! ~ 2004 DLR ~
~2007 DLR~ 2009 DLR - PROPOSED!~ 2010 DLR
~2011 DLR~ 2012 DLR - CARS LAND GRAND OPENING!
PENDING 2013 DISNEYWORLD!

USS Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Disney View Post
Just wondering what the point of online check in is... Also is there a way to check in earlier than 3? Our flight arrives from hawaii at 6am so im gonna want a bed pretty fast after the long flight.
Online check in was pretty easy for us last year. Everything was ready for us when we walked up to the desk. They handed us the folder, I signed some forms and we were on our way. My room requests were granted and everything.

If you are arriving very early, it is possible that a room won't be ready until closer to the hotel's check out time (around 11 am, I think), if it's a very busy time of year.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
USS Disney
Military Mouse

arriving monday April 15th

Old 04-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
nkereina
Wendy Darling

What day of the week are you arriving? Saturday and Sunday are busy check out/check in days and whenever I have arrived on either day, my room has not been ready until closer to 2pm. I will say that the more general your room requests are (or better yet - no room requests) - the more likely you will be to get into your room earlier.

Based on previous conversations I've had with CMs, I've been told that when rooms are assigned for those who have checked in online, they try to get them into rooms that will be ready based on their arrival time. Room requests are looked at secondary, if at all. So, if getting a room when you arrive or shortly after is more important, do online check-in. If you'd rather wait for your room type, do normal check-in.

Also, I believe computers roll over to the next day at 7am so that would be the earliest you could check-in.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
What day of the week are you arriving? Saturday and Sunday are busy check out/check in days and whenever I have arrived on either day, my room has not been ready until closer to 2pm. I will say that the more general your room requests are (or better yet - no room requests) - the more likely you will be to get into your room earlier.

Based on previous conversations I've had with CMs, I've been told that when rooms are assigned for those who have checked in online, they try to get them into rooms that will be ready based on their arrival time. Room requests are looked at secondary, if at all. So, if getting a room when you arrive or shortly after is more important, do online check-in. If you'd rather wait for your room type, do normal check-in.

Also, I believe computers roll over to the next day at 7am so that would be the earliest you could check-in.
Great information. Thanks.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
USS Disney
Military Mouse

This was very helpful. I completed online check-in and it allowed for 5 room choices - corner room, top floor, middle floor, ground floor and earliest available. 7 more days til our first trip!

Old 04-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
momto2
greet each new day as a magical journey.

Quote:

(QUOTE This was very helpful. I completed online check-in and it allowed for 5 room choices - corner room, top floor, middle floor, ground floor and earliest available. 7 more days til our first trip!QUOTE)

So which is correct. I have rooms requests - daybed with 2 queens, full balcony. I would like to request more but am always afraid we won't get what we need which is the daybed (my husband likes the balcony) If you check in online and they mostly look for when you are checking why do they give you 5 rooms choices? Does it make more sense to check in online and put all those requests in? Has this worked for anyone?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible! Walt Disney
2013-BC
2011-BC
2008-CR
2007-CR and Poly
2006-CR
2005-CR
2003-GF
2000-CR
1995-WL
1993-CBR
momto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
Cotillard
Mouseketeer

Pro: my room has always been ready
Con: lame location and/or view
º Grand Floridian July 2005 ○ Grand Floridian CL Dec 2005 ○ Polynesian April 2006 ○ Polynesian CL March 2007 ○ Boardwalk Inn CL April 2008 ○ Bay Lake Tower May 2010 ○ Beach Club June 2010 ○ Wilderness Lodge CL Oct 2010 ○ AKL CL Feb 2011 º Boardwalk Inn October 2011 º POR Royal Room March 2012 º Beach Club June 2013 º
Cotillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2 View Post
If you check in online and they mostly look for when you are checking why do they give you 5 rooms choices? Does it make more sense to check in online and put all those requests in? Has this worked for anyone?
There is a click that tells them if you want A room that is ready for you more than you want a specific room type. That button is where you help them figure out what works best for you.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #10
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My last 2 trips, August & January I did on line check in. I had my room requests noted on my reservation, and both times got exactly what my requests were. Msybe I was lucky? Both times.
There weren't any of the options people are talking about here on my online check in form last Jan or Aug. maybe this is a new thing?

I had never used online check in until recently, and with my experiences with it, wouldn't hesitate to use it again.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:10 AM   #11
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Disney View Post
This was very helpful. I completed online check-in and it allowed for 5 room choices - corner room, top floor, middle floor, ground floor and earliest available. 7 more days til our first trip!
Hope you are able to get into a room, but if you can't, you could always grab a lounge chair by the main pool, or one of the quiet pools to have a cat nap. In your carry on pack what you think you'll need for the day, change of clothes, bathing suit, flip flops, etc. by the main pool there are showers & change rooms.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: