Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
lacy1101
DIS Veteran
 
lacy1101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: South Central Kentucky
Posts: 1,662

Suggestions for renting points for a DVC studio for anniverary trip?

Hope I am posting this in the right place - wasn't sure if it belonged here or on the DVC board. DH and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary in October with 2 days at F&W. I am considering renting points for a DVC studio but really have no clue where we should stay. We have never stayed DVC before except for a famly trip to HHI last fall. I have looked at pics of all the DVC villas and the rooms that appeal to me the most are actually not the ones near Epcot. So, should I forego the asthetics of the room for the convenience of location, or do I forego convenience for the room? We will not be visiting any of the other parks, only Epcot. I appreciate any help!
__________________

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs * October '14 Caribbean Beach (to visit daughter in DCP) * December '14 TBD (Christmas w/daughter in DCP)
lacy1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,480

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacy1101 View Post
Hope I am posting this in the right place - wasn't sure if it belonged here or on the DVC board. DH and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary in October with 2 days at F&W. I am considering renting points for a DVC studio but really have no clue where we should stay. We have never stayed DVC before except for a famly trip to HHI last fall. I have looked at pics of all the DVC villas and the rooms that appeal to me the most are actually not the ones near Epcot. So, should I forego the asthetics of the room for the convenience of location, or do I forego convenience for the room? We will not be visiting any of the other parks, only Epcot. I appreciate any help!
You are under 7 months so your options maybe limited. BWV & BCV are most likely already soldout, so they may not be an option anyway. OKW or SSR are the most likely available.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
Lynne M
 
Lynne M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 8,906
DISboards Moderator

Agreed, you choices will be OKW, SSR, and maybe, possibly, AKV if you book right away. October -New Years is the most popular time for DVC members to visit, and reservations for that time frame opened last November. I would make a decision and book as soon as possible.
Lynne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.
 
Pakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 20,097

As a DVC owner whose done the last 4 F&Ws, you might be able to get AKV. Otherwise it's going to be OKW and SSR.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
lacy1101
DIS Veteran
 
lacy1101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: South Central Kentucky
Posts: 1,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
Agreed, you choices will be OKW, SSR, and maybe, possibly, AKV if you book right away. October -New Years is the most popular time for DVC members to visit, and reservations for that time frame opened last November. I would make a decision and book as soon as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
As a DVC owner whose done the last 4 F&Ws, you might be able to get AKV. Otherwise it's going to be OKW and SSR.
I'm thinking AKV might very well be my first choice anyway because the rooms are so pretty and, of course, because of the view. Thanks!
__________________

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs * October '14 Caribbean Beach (to visit daughter in DCP) * December '14 TBD (Christmas w/daughter in DCP)
lacy1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
GoofyGraham
Earning My Ears
 
GoofyGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colchester, Essex. UK
Posts: 72

A similar answer to another thread....

For me, such a trip would require 2 essentials when it comes to the room... a fridge to keep the wine cold and a balcony on which to drink it.

I love SSR and am going to OKW in 9 days but I'm sure the your trip will be magical wherever you lay your hat.

Congrats on the anniversary
__________________
AllStarMovies July 2001
I-Drive (2 days) Oct 2001
Contemporary Resort (tower) 2003
I-Drive Sep 2005
Saratoga Springs Resort Aug 2010
Saratoga Springs Resort 5th-26th Sept 2011
Old Key West April 15th-29th 2013

Saratoga Springs booked, 21st September 2015
GoofyGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Kelnick
Mouseketeer
 
Kelnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 208

Yes you do need to book ASAP. I just was checking in October and there were no availability at BW, and AK was limited. No real full weeks available.
__________________
Kellie DH DD
Kelnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
lacy1101
DIS Veteran
 
lacy1101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: South Central Kentucky
Posts: 1,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyGraham View Post
For me, such a trip would require 2 essentials when it comes to the room... a fridge to keep the wine cold and a balcony on which to drink it.

I love SSR and am going to OKW in 9 days but I'm sure the your trip will be magical wherever you lay your hat.

Congrats on the anniversary
You got that right. Thanks for the anniversary wishes!
__________________

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs * October '14 Caribbean Beach (to visit daughter in DCP) * December '14 TBD (Christmas w/daughter in DCP)
lacy1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #9
glaserjm
DIS Veteran
 
glaserjm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 751

I absolutely adore OKW, but just a heads up, we ended up having to do a spilt stay for our November trip between OKW and SSR as its booking up fast, so I'd try and make your reservation ASAP


Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
__________________
(DH) Joe (Me) Jayne (Charlie) (Pete)- Rescue Dogs Rock!!
CR-8/85; CR-8/90; YC-3/95; FW-8/10; ASMu-3/11; OKW-3/12; OKW 10/12; OKW 3/13; OKW 11/13; FW 03/14; OKW 10/14

glaserjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.