Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
mom of 3 blondes
Mouseketeer

Peanut allergy and the wishes desert party

Hi. Does anybody have any experience with that? Oldest DD has any allergy to peanuts, almonds, etc but thought it might be
Fun to go to. It would not be worth the money if she was not able to eat a lot if the treats. Thanks in advance.
PS.....this is our third time to WDW so I know how great the other restaurants are with allergies....
mom of 3 blondes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

I don't have any firsthand experience, but I believe I have read that if you notify them in advance, they will prepare and bring out an allergen-free plate. Hopefully others with better info will chime in and give you more detailed advice!
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

I have a mild peanut allergy so I generally don't tell servers, and I simply avoid anything with obvious peanuts but don't worry about cross contamination since it doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

That said...there is no controlling when people put spoons or utensils from one items itno another item - there was very little oversight at the whole buffet area and I saw kids touching items and putting them back etc. If your allergy is life threatening I would either avoid the entire buffet line by telling calling in advance OR avoid the whole thing.

And lastly, even for what we all ate, it was totally not worth the price. It just wasn't worth it. We had better deserts at other restaurants and the selection was so slim.
CR: July/Aug 2003
CSR: July 2009 (split SOG)
SOG: Dec 2006, July 2009, June 2011, Aug 2012
ASMo: May 2014
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

They will prepare and bring from the kitchen, a plate of safe dessert for your child. Now, that being said, we choose not to do it with our PA child. We all avoid most desserts he can not have when we are together and we just would not choose to put him in a place where there is a beautiful selection of dessert of which he could have none or few of them.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
cynzilla
Syringomyelia.....not just a disease, but an adventure!

Wishes w an allergy

I did the Wishes dessert party and I am allergic to dairy. As I sat there with my cup of tea the server came over and asked me why I wasn't enjoying the sweets they had to offer. I explained I was allergic to dairy. A manager came over and asked me if I was leaving in the next 15 minutes, I said no I was going to be staying w my family to enjoy the show.

With that, the manager came back with a PLATTER of goodies.

He informed me to contact Special Diets and note the reservation and they would be able to accommodate a persons allergies by bringing out a special, non contaminated selection of desserts! And they do it all the time.

Last edited by cynzilla; 04-02-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
cynzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
laughinplace199
AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs

We've done the dessert party twice with DD who is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. I noted her allergies when I booked the reservation. Both times, a manager came to our table and said he would prepare her a safe dessert in the kitchen to avoid any cross-contamination from the buffet.

The first time, it was a big plate of brownies, cookies, fruit, and a HUGE bowl of ice cream. He also told us to let him know if she wanted seconds and he would prepare her another plate. She couldn'teven eat all of the first plate, never mind having seconds!

The second time, the manager brought her out a huge plate that was more of a platter! It had ice cream, cookies, brownies, fruit, and 3 slices of cake. She was in heaven!

laughinplace199 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: