Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #2491
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyJ View Post
Here is my shameless ticker post! I am so excited that Samoa is finished. I need ALL of your good vibes... so that we will get Samoa room requests. I have had a doooooozy of a week. My mom's condo building burned down and we have been running around in circles getting her settled before we leave. She will be in a temporary apartment for at least 6 months. I think I am almost done with everything. Looking forward to a tropical cocktail when I check in. MUCH NEEDED
Sending you some pixie dust for all of your requests! You've had a crazy week and that drink will taste extra special! have an amazing time!
5/01 - AKL* 4/05 - CBR* 7/06 - POFQ* 12/07 - Pop* 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC* 12/12 - Poly* 7/13 - PolyCL* 1/14 - PolyCL* 5/14 - AKLCL* 7/14 - GF SL* 11/14 - YC/GF* 6/15 - PolyCL * 7/15 - DCL Fantasy* 7/15 - AKL CL * 12/15 GF SL

Old 04-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #2492
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Dd and I always do rope drops when traveling alone but we slept til 8am, hit the CsR business club lounge, bussed it to MK and took monorail to poly at 1130 to check in. We got our 3rd floor room request. Our Concierge Sam ( swear he said "Sam your super awesome man) was friendly and efficient so soon in our room.

First we checked out lounge area. WOW WOW WOW!! The view and the furnishings makes you want to stay forever!

We checked our room and the green is NOT too green , very cheerful. The bath looks crisp and clean.

Went to Kona Cafe for lunch then back to lounge to check it out.

I asked for a glass of wine and chatted with a family from the UK. The CM's cleaned up after them and brought more drinks like we were in a bar. I did not get the same service. I asked where to put my glass when done and was pointed to the appropriate area. Some people just don't get it.

Anyways I asked for water for dd and was given one for our room. While I was there the floor got vacuumed with one of those little quick broom things. Place was immaculate and just so pretty. I just had coffee and our luggage fom CSR arrived at 245. I am going to change and get a drink and sit in the lounge while lazy head still sleeps. Is she sleeping beauty, or princess and the pea??? Why old mom not tired an a 18 is exhausted

Love the poly, glad I splurged with my dd 18 . I see moms with kids on laps and think "where did the time go???" I will try to check in tomorrow.
Trish

Last edited by trishadono; 04-05-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Sp
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #2493
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Dd and I always do rope drops when traveling alone but we slept til 8am, hit the CsR business club lounge, bussed it to MK and took monorail to poly at 1130 to check in. We got our 3rd floor room request. Our Concierge Sam ( swear he said "Sam your super awesome man) was friendly and efficient so soon in our room.

First we checked out lounge area. WOW WOW WOW!! The view and the furnishings makes you want to stay forever!

We checked our room and the green is NOT too green , very cheerful. The bath looks crisp and clean.

I asked for a glass of wine and chatted with a family from the UK. The CM's cleaned up after them and brought more drinks like we were in a bar. I did not get the same service. I asked where to put my glass when done and was pointed to the appropriate area. Some people just don't get it.

Anyways I asked for water for dd and was given one for our room. While I was there the floor got vacuumed with one of those little quick broom things. Place was immaculate and just so pretty. I just had coffee and our luggage fom CSR arrived at 245. I am going to change and get a drink and sit in the lounge while lazy head still sleeps. Is she sleeping beauty, or princess and the pea??? Why old mom not tired an a 18 is exhausted

Love the poly, glad I splurged with my dd 18 . I see moms with kids on laps and think "where did the time go???" I will try to check in tomorrow.
Trish
Bahahaha, I have two DDs, 16 and turning 18. They are ALWAYS tired!
offsite'71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,C R'03,WL'04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05 ,YC'06,PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14),Swan (11/14)

Old 04-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #2494
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Trish
Sounds like a great start to your poly stay!!! Can't wait to hear more! Enjoy!!!
5/01 - AKL* 4/05 - CBR* 7/06 - POFQ* 12/07 - Pop* 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC* 12/12 - Poly* 7/13 - PolyCL* 1/14 - PolyCL* 5/14 - AKLCL* 7/14 - GF SL* 11/14 - YC/GF* 6/15 - PolyCL * 7/15 - DCL Fantasy* 7/15 - AKL CL * 12/15 GF SL

Old 04-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #2495
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

56 more days until we hear "Aloha!"
Old 04-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #2496
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I hope you have a great trip and love both resorts. Even though the Poly is our favorite out of all the deluxes we've stayed at, AKL is awesome as well (as is the WL ).
Thank you! That's good to hear.

Quote:

Trish
Thanks for the detailed post! What type of water did they give you? (Besides being wet? hehehehe) Dasani small bottles? Big bottles? Thanks!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #2497
cricket00
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post

I hope the image posted above!!! We absolutely LOVE Samoa!! This was the view from our patio in 2011. In my opinion, one of the best! Can't wait to stay there again!
WOW. thank you! this is what we're looking for! what did you request? samoa/patio?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #2498
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Well thanks to our Canadian Pooh Friends the Friday night offerings were all the same except no chicken, it was a crab ... I forget the name but it was it was in crispy shell and very tasty.

The lounge had no crowds , place was clean , people friendly. I did see bathing suits in the afternoon, but they grabbed and ran so wasn't bothersome. It may be me tomorrow since sun is finally coming out

Turndown service was nice. Dd had taken a nap and they remade bed and left chocolates on both beds, yum!

So far a 10+ , everything has been wonderful, worth every penny.

Really love the lounge space. So pretty and new to water. The decor is so poly!

Wanna be Ariel the Longboard Beer is still here! I got one and dd and I took a sip, ( or 2)yum!

Oh ya, I left our toothbrushes at CSR and called for some at concierge.i swear,I told dd to listen for door because I was going to sit in lounge while she finished her hair and I passed the person delivering them! Must have been 2 minutes from when I called.

For those of you planning, enjoy the waiting, soon you will be here too
Old 04-06-2013, 02:07 AM   #2499
gjl
Mouseketeer

Trishadono- I'm glad to hear they have the Longboard Lager too! I love that stuff! Thanks for the great update!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:12 AM   #2500
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well thanks to our Canadian Pooh Friends the Friday night offerings were all the same except no chicken, it was a crab ... I forget the name but it was it was in crispy shell and very tasty.

The lounge had no crowds , place was clean , people friendly. I did see bathing suits in the afternoon, but they grabbed and ran so wasn't bothersome. It may be me tomorrow since sun is finally coming out

Turndown service was nice. Dd had taken a nap and they remade bed and left chocolates on both beds, yum!

Wanna be Ariel the Longboard Beer is still here! I got one and dd and I took a sip, ( or 2)yum!

Oh ya, I left our toothbrushes at CSR and called for some at concierge.i swear,I told dd to listen for door because I was going to sit in lounge while she finished her hair and I passed the person delivering them! Must have been 2 minutes from when I called.

Thanks for the report!!!!! Sounds amazing!!!!

Old 04-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #2501
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks for the info. We are getting so close to our stay now. Just need to get through some really tough weeks ahead. (My MIL is having a heart valve replacement and bypass surgery this morning). We are really going to need that club level stay!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #2502
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli76 View Post
Thanks for the info. We are getting so close to our stay now. Just need to get through some really tough weeks ahead. (My MIL is having a heart valve replacement and bypass surgery this morning). We are really going to need that club level stay!
Sending positive thoughts your way - We'll be there in 3 weeks too - Can't wait
Old 04-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #2503
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Trish
Thanks for the report.....sounds like you're having a great time . I'm with you on "where did the time go". We have 2 DSs that are 18 and (going to be) 20 and it seems like they just 6 & 8, at which time we took our first Disney trip......time really does fly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
56 more days until we hear "Aloha!"
You will be in tropical paradise before you know it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Thank you! That's good to hear.
You're welcome....you will have a great time .

Quote:

Glad to hear great things about the cleaniness of the lounge . Getting more excited every day for our upcoming stay in December .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli76 View Post
Sending good thoughts for your MIL's surgery. Enjoy your CL stay .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
We'll be there in 3 weeks too - Can't wait
Three weeks will go fast.....have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #2504
HappyMomma
Mouseketeer

Woo hoo! 60 days out! Just completed online check in!

Funny thing, I wasn't even thinking about our trip for weeks, too much going on. In fact, I suffered a concussion and can't really think clearly at all. I'm a bit derpy. (Think Dory.) I just randomly thought, hum..........wonder if we are 60 days out yet? And it just happened to be!

Can't wait!!!!

Hope I have my brain back by then.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #2505
DelaneyJ
Mouseketeer

On our way down!!!!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: