Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #1996
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puredata View Post

I hope it does. Some of my planned items are already in large enough quantities for the whole group... would hate for people to miss out on my little trinkets lol!
If it does split, there is nothing saying you can't deliver to everyone. That's what we are planning to do.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #1997
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by puredata View Post
I hope it does. Some of my planned items are already in large enough quantities for the whole group... would hate for people to miss out on my little trinkets lol!
What about those of us that aren't participating...no trinkets for us...I can't take the chance with the luggage...it's a 100 for every extra piece and my DH had two bags just for a 3 day

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #1998
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post

What about those of us that aren't participating...no trinkets for us...I can't take the chance with the luggage...it's a 100 for every extra piece and my DH had two bags just for a 3 day
Just because someone gives you something doesn't mean you have to take it home

And maybe you need to repack for your DH after he packs

DH bought one of those handheld luggage scales which is pretty accurate.

When we left from BCN in 2007, the man at the airport would pick up luggage and tell you if you were over without a scale. And when you actually put your bag on the scale, he was right.

Last edited by nzdisneymom; 04-06-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:06 AM   #1999
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Just because someone gives you something doesn't mean you have to take it home

And maybe you need to. Repack for our DH after he packs

DH bought one of those handheld luggage scales which is pretty accurate.

When we left from BCN in 2007, the man at the airport would pick up luggage and tell you if you were over without a scale. And when you actually put your bag on the scale, he was right.
We have the scale and it's accurate...it's not bringing the stuff home, it's bringing it there that's the issue...trust me, 4 people, 4 suitcases, I don't think that's unreasonable, but I don't want to have more than that. For a two week trip ( I know you'll be away longer) that we need multiple types of outfits (casual, fancy, etc) I didn't want to take a chance...plus with so many families, there's no way...you're going to need a suitcase just for the FE and I'm not paying the $100 for a bag to bring FE's. I just think for us, this year, we need to abstain.

WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
Old 04-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #2000
lllpath
Mouseketeer

FE poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNDisneyMom View Post
Is the FE staying as one large group? I don't mind either way but I know a few people have asked on facebook.
I'm going to set up a poll to let folks decide. If I can figure out how to do it today I'll let you know.
2013 - Magic's 1st Greek Islands
2012 - Magic - Canada
2011 - Dream Maiden Voyage and Thanksgiving on the Dream
2010 - Magic's 1st Northern European
2007 - Magic's 1st Medi and Christmas on the Magic (Eastern)
2006 - Spring break on the Magic - Western
2005 - Magic's 1st Mexican riviera
2004 - Wonder 3 day family reunion
2003 - land and sea - Grand Floridian/Wonder and Wonder 4-day Christmas
lllpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #2001
lllpath
Mouseketeer

Fe

Quote:
If it does split, there is nothing saying you can't deliver to everyone. That's what we are planning to do.
Us too.
2012 - Magic - Canada
Old 04-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #2002
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
We have the scale and it's accurate...it's not bringing the stuff home, it's bringing it there that's the issue...trust me, 4 people, 4 suitcases, I don't think that's unreasonable, but I don't want to have more than that. For a two week trip ( I know you'll be away longer) that we need multiple types of outfits (casual, fancy, etc) I didn't want to take a chance...plus with so many families, there's no way...you're going to need a suitcase just for the FE and I'm not paying the $100 for a bag to bring FE's. I just think for us, this year, we need to abstain.
Ah, I thought you meant your DH took two suitcases just for himself. We are packing three and a half suitcases for this trip (the half is just a smaller version of the other three larger ones). Our FE gifts are lightweight and don't take up more than the size of a larger shoebox - we plan our FE gifts based on how much room we'll have to take them - when we are driving to Port Canaveral and it doesn't matter, there are different things than when we are flying and have weight restrictions or have to pay for bags. It's nice to not have to pay for bags going to Europe - we went on our Alaska trip with just two suitcases. Of course we always do laundry so we can pack less. And I will say that one part of our FE gifts for Alaska we actually picked up in Vancouver rather than flying it over.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #2003
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Ah, I thought you meant your DH took two suitcases just for himself. We are packing three and a half suitcases for this trip (the half is just a smaller version of the other three larger ones). Our FE gifts are lightweight and don't take up more than the size of a larger shoebox - we plan our FE gifts based on how much room we'll have to take them - when we are driving to Port Canaveral and it doesn't matter, there are different things than when we are flying and have weight restrictions or have to pay for bags. It's nice to not have to pay for bags going to Europe - we went on our Alaska trip with just two suitcases. Of course we always do laundry so we can pack less. And I will say that one part of our FE gifts for Alaska we actually picked up in Vancouver rather than flying it over.
That's smart...we always go overboard on FE...I just never know what to do and don't want to look like the "cheap gift"...it's just easier this time to stay out of it....but would definitely be interested in seeing what you did and get ...it's great to see it

Old 04-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #2004
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse

I plan to mail my FEs over along with some dry goods.

MedCruise June 15-27, 2013 VilleFranche-Sur-Mer, La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Piraeus, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Valetta

MedCruise Aug. 7, 2010 Valetta, Tunis, Naples, Civitavecchia, La Spezia, VilleFranche-Sur-Mer

Mexican Riviera 2008
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #2005
burma
My Oh My What A Wonderful Day

Where are you mailing your package too
Old 04-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #2006
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burma View Post
Where are you mailing your package too
I am mailing one to where we are staying prior to the cruise and one box (limited to 20 lbs) to the Ship's docking area.

Would you like the details?

Just let me know and I will send you the information.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #2007
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

Bringing wine on board

I was wondering if you could bring wine on board? Wife and I would like to get some nice wine in Italy and other countries. Just wondering if you could bring any wine you buy on shore excursions back on board to drink?
Old 04-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #2008
lllpath
Mouseketeer

This is a message for Disname 'Mineu'!!!

I have sent a PM without response so I'm hoping that this reaches Anne and family.

You all are currently listed as 'maybe' for the FE exchange. We need to know ASAP if this is a 'yes' or 'no'. The FE Exchange listing 'closed' yesterday (April 5) so if we don't hear from you quickly, I'm afraid we'll have to assume it is a 'no'.

I hope to hear from you all!!! We don't want you to miss out on the FE exchange!
2012 - Magic - Canada
Old 04-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #2009
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
I was wondering if you could bring wine on board? Wife and I would like to get some nice wine in Italy and other countries. Just wondering if you could bring any wine you buy on shore excursions back on board to drink?
We bought wine and brought it back on. It was hard to bring it back to the US, because we didn't want it to break.

So, we are planning to bring an empty wine box with the foam.

I also bought olive oil and limoncello and they all survived.

If you plan to open the bottle of wine for dinner at your MDR, there's a corkage fee and they can save it for the following night for you and your family. Just remind them or they will throw it out.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #2010
lllpath
Mouseketeer

Smile FINAL NUMBERS for the FE exchange

Here are the final numbers: (this assumes that Mineu is a 'yes' - 2 adults and 2 children under 18)

total number of adults: 112

total number of children under 18: 53

total number of staterooms: 55 (NOTE: 6 of these are families that listed 2 staterooms so if you do one 'family' FE gift, the total is 49)

I will be re-organizing the list by Deck and inserting any GTY room assignments as I hear from folks. The final list will be made available no later than June 1. Currently I have 5 GTY staterooms listed. Also...if folks get upgraded at the port, perhaps that information can be shared at the Meet.
2012 - Magic - Canada

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: